FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Jelly Eels

Jelly Eels

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ionycus OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Babylon

Struggling with jealousy in past relationships. I would appreciate advice on how to deal with jealousy, or better still, how to remove it from my life. I have managed to do this in some relationships but not all. I want to know this for me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *aid backMan 3 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

Jealousy is a normal emotion you can't remove it. You just have to acknowledge it and deal with it. If jealousy is that big of an issue for you then swinging might not be for you.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 3 weeks ago

kinda dublin

You might be jealous if your work mate got a promotion that you wanted. But if both of you got a promotion, you'd be high fiving each other.

That's why swinging works I think. Because no one is missing out on anything if both are having fun.

By *ubadubdubWoman 3 weeks ago

Hereabouts

"Struggling with jealousy in past relationships. I would appreciate advice on how to deal with jealousy, or better still, how to remove it from my life. I have managed to do this in some relationships but not all. I want to know this for me. "

You may need to do a bit of digging (personal reflection) to find out what triggers jealousy in you and why it's been disruptive to you. There's no-one more expert than yourself in this, but a counsellor may be helpful to give direction or perspective if you are struggling to understand it.

By *ickyAthleticMan 3 weeks ago

Galway

The root cause of jealousy is normally trust issues with your partner imo.

By *ionycus OP   Man 3 weeks ago

Babylon

Thanks for the replies so far , just to address some of them . I'm not swinging as a couple, I'm a single guy and respect the couples that do. I understand jealousy is natural, I just dislike it and feel a kind of shame connected to it afterwards.

I just think that this is the perfect forum to learn from others, as there are people here with no sexual jealousy in their relationships, and maybe that continues into everyday life.

I understand that lots of people would prefer to just rattle on about their favorite movie or sandwich, but you can ask anyone that on any social media page.

This page is full of positive sexual deviants, and I'd like their experiences and advice. I don't need to be analyzed or studied, I'm looking to hear how other people deal with it.

Thanks

By *iny DelightWoman 3 weeks ago

City Centre

As has been said, jealousy is a very valid emotion. If it becomes disruptive to a relationship then it needs to be seriously addressed as to the reasons why. Does it comes from a lack of trust? Has either partner come from a relationship that has seen extreme jealousy as a way of showing love and sees it as normal? Is the partner making you feel insecure or unsure to make you feel that way? If it can't be hammered out, then it might not be the right relationship.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 3 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Jealousy comes from a place of insecurity. Feelings of insecurity can be both rational and irrational

By *inky Bear and VicsCouple 3 weeks ago

Northern Ireland

Look I have it and when I asked n Fab Forums I had literally 47 people replying that swinging wasn't for me then. Which wasn't helpful. I wasn't asking their opinion on that, I was simply asking what you are asking...how to deal with it.

I still have no answer. My partner respects my boundaries and we have relationship agreements in place. As we get more into the 'swing' of it I expect boundaries will shift. That's what I hear anyway.

By *uper duperMan 3 weeks ago

around

[Removed by poster at 30/08/24 17:58:25]

By *uper duperMan 3 weeks ago

around

You can't remove it, just have to learn how to control it and not let it destroy what's important to you.

By *antra MassageMan 3 weeks ago

Wicklow

"Struggling with jealousy in past relationships. I would appreciate advice on how to deal with jealousy, or better still, how to remove it from my life. I have managed to do this in some relationships but not all. I want to know this for me. "

I wonder what situations trigger jealousy in you. You can only deal with this very destructive emotion by understanding what causes it. I personally don't think there is a cure for jealousy, it's a natural emotion. I sometimes get jealous, when, after a meet, the couple walk out the door hand in hand a big smile on their faces, and I'm left there alone. I sit with the feeling, and after a while it recedes, and doesn't affect my life...until the next time. Jealousy on its own is not the problem, how it might affect our behaviour or attitude towards others is what we have to reflect on.

By *antra MassageMan 3 weeks ago

Wicklow

"Thanks for the replies so far , just to address some of them . I'm not swinging as a couple, I'm a single guy and respect the couples that do. I understand jealousy is natural, I just dislike it and feel a kind of shame connected to it afterwards.

I just think that this is the perfect forum to learn from others, as there are people here with no sexual jealousy in their relationships, and maybe that continues into everyday life.

This page is full of positive sexual deviants

Thanks "

I'm so happy to be one of the positive sexual deviants here...lol,

Recognition at last.

» Add a new message to this topic