FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Springboard

Springboard

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *osyRedLips OP   Woman 6 weeks ago

Kildare

I posted details about this few years ago and I know a few Fabbers were able to take advantage of this Government initiative to gain further education

Springboard+ courses are free or heavily subsidised Higher Education courses that are available at Certificate, Degree and Masters level in areas of the economy where there are identified needs and skills shortages

There is a great mixture of courses all over the country in lot's of colleges. They are either part-time or full time and a mixture of online courses or attending online or blended course which is a mix of both

I did it myself back during Covid all online I only ever went to college for Grad day. I'm returning again in September to continue on. Was it tough of course but was great opportunity. It's free for those who are unemployed or in receipt of social welfare payments like Family Income Supplement. Employees pay 10% of course fees ie my next course is €5700 so I'll pay €570.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iny DelightWoman 6 weeks ago

City Centre

Fantastic info Rosy and well done for getting back into education. 👏🏻🎓🥂

By *chochamberWoman 6 weeks ago

Limerick

Amazing! Such a good initiative.

Kildare

"Amazing! Such a good initiative.

"

It's such a great initiative but it's not widely advertised so I thought I'd mention it here

By *ofusplusCouple 6 weeks ago

Limerick

Rosy posted about it on here 2 years ago, at a time when I was disillusioned with my job and needed a change. I applied after reading her post and recently completed a Higher Diploma (first class honours) which helped me secure my new job.

The online aspect can be challenging but it's been so worth the slog for me!

Thank you again Rosy ❤ ❤

By *exyScientistsCouple 6 weeks ago

Castlebar

It's great to know about these things. I'd never heard of it.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 6 weeks ago

kinda dublin

"Rosy posted about it on here 2 years ago, at a time when I was disillusioned with my job and needed a change. I applied after reading her post and recently completed a Higher Diploma (first class honours) which helped me secure my new job.

Thank you again Rosy ❤ ❤ "

That's amazing. We'll done to you 😄

Kildare

"Rosy posted about it on here 2 years ago, at a time when I was disillusioned with my job and needed a change. I applied after reading her post and recently completed a Higher Diploma (first class honours) which helped me secure my new job.

Thank you again Rosy ❤ ❤ "

You're amazing juggling family and study and getting Honours! Your ass needs a Distinction though as well

Limerick

Thank you again Rosy ❤ ❤

That's amazing. We'll done to you 😄"

Thanks guys

By *panishRebelMan 6 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

"I posted details about this few years ago and I know a few Fabbers were able to take advantage of this Government initiative to gain further education

Springboard+ courses are free or heavily subsidised Higher Education courses that are available at Certificate, Degree and Masters level in areas of the economy where there are identified needs and skills shortages

There is a great mixture of courses all over the country in lot's of colleges. They are either part-time or full time and a mixture of online courses or attending online or blended course which is a mix of both

I did it myself back during Covid all online I only ever went to college for Grad day. I'm returning again in September to continue on. Was it tough of course but was great opportunity. It's free for those who are unemployed or in receipt of social welfare payments like Family Income Supplement. Employees pay 10% of course fees ie my next course is €5700 so I'll pay €570. "

Great post!

Limerick

Thank you again Rosy ❤ ❤

You're amazing juggling family and study and getting Honours! Your ass needs a Distinction though as well "

Best of luck for the year ahead, you'll smash it like last time 💪🎓🏅

By *indenMan 6 weeks ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

Well done Rosy for bringing, and continuing to bring this to people’s attention, and to those whose attention it grabbed…..👏👏👏

The love vibe is strong in this thread….❤️❤️

By *ucabraserMan 6 weeks ago

Navan

"I posted details about this few years ago and I know a few Fabbers were able to take advantage of this Government initiative to gain further education

I did it myself back during Covid all online I only ever went to college for Grad day. I'm returning again in September to continue on. Was it tough of course but was great opportunity. It's free for those who are unemployed or in receipt of social welfare payments like Family Income Supplement. Employees pay 10% of course fees ie my next course is €5700 so I'll pay €570. "

Brilliant initiative. I did my level 8 this way during lockdown., its an absolute gift

By *essieandMessyCouple 6 weeks ago

Northside

I can vouch for this scheme too and a lot of larger employers will have an education fund and will happily pay that 10%, most people don't know to just ask about it. I did a diploma in cybersecurity last year, it cost €4700 and i paid €0. Springboard paid 90% and my job paid the other 10%.

By *aid backMan 6 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

I'm actually going back myself this September part time/ blended

By *ensualnFunCouple 6 weeks ago

Midlands

Well done all for your achievements.

Congrats on your first class honours Nicole! Not one bit surprised you are a driven woman 💪

And Rosy, thanks a million for the info xx

By *lavemale66Man 6 weeks ago

Carlow

Fair dues for highlighting this again Rosy and best of luck with your next course.

Just one slight correction on the course fees and I hope you don't take it as criticism but a lot if not all Level 6 courses are free even if you are employed, I completed one in the past academic year.

By *osyRedLips OP   Woman 5 weeks ago

Kildare

I did it myself back during Covid all online I only ever went to college for Grad day. I'm returning again in September to continue on. Was it tough of course but was great opportunity. It's free for those who are unemployed or in receipt of social welfare payments like Family Income Supplement. Employees pay 10% of course fees ie my next course is €5700 so I'll pay €570.

Fair dues for highlighting this again Rosy and best of luck with your next course.

Just one slight correction on the course fees and I hope you don't take it as criticism but a lot if not all Level 6 courses are free even if you are employed, I completed one in the past academic year."

Thank you for pointing that out I actually wasn't aware of that fact

» Add a new message to this topic