FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > All Ireland hurling final

All Ireland hurling final

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ontbesillywrapyourwilly OP   Man 11 weeks ago

Tipperary

Anyone there to witness that epic yesterday? What a game. Some men to deliver that for 90 minutes. Trojan stuff.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *xplicitMan 11 weeks ago

donegal

some difference in attitude of the players between hurling and football. genuinely brilliant yesterday

Tipperary

"some difference in attitude of the players between hurling and football. genuinely brilliant yesterday"
an epic encounter. Feel sorry for Patrick Horgan. Can’t get that elusive Celtic cross medal.

By *xplicitMan 11 weeks ago

donegal

no-one deserved to lose that yesterday, for once i wanted the ref to play for a draw

By *ichael McCarthyMan 11 weeks ago

Lucan

"some difference in attitude of the players between hurling and football. genuinely brilliant yesterday"

If football matches were allowed to flow in the way hurling is then we might have some epic football matches as well. We've sanitised football in a way that has never been done with hurling. One of the problems with football nowadays is that players get frees for almost any physical contact so it's often exploited by lads diving to get the free. If there was nothing to be gained from diving then fellas wouldn't do it. Likewise, if the physical contact element was removed from hurling in the way it's been removed from football then you'd have some hurlers diving as well.

Tipperary

"some difference in attitude of the players between hurling and football. genuinely brilliant yesterday

If football matches were allowed to flow in the way hurling is then we might have some epic football matches as well. We've sanitised football in a way that has never been done with hurling. One of the problems with football nowadays is that players get frees for almost any physical contact so it's often exploited by lads diving to get the free. If there was nothing to be gained from diving then fellas wouldn't do it. Likewise, if the physical contact element was removed from hurling in the way it's been removed from football then you'd have some hurlers diving as well. "

true but there is some rule issues in hurling 2. Ball is constantly been over carried and thrown.

Lucan

"some difference in attitude of the players between hurling and football. genuinely brilliant yesterday

If football matches were allowed to flow in the way hurling is then we might have some epic football matches as well. We've sanitised football in a way that has never been done with hurling. One of the problems with football nowadays is that players get frees for almost any physical contact so it's often exploited by lads diving to get the free. If there was nothing to be gained from diving then fellas wouldn't do it. Likewise, if the physical contact element was removed from hurling in the way it's been removed from football then you'd have some hurlers diving as well. true but there is some rule issues in hurling 2. Ball is constantly been over carried and thrown. "

Oh yes, but those things, particularly the over carrying, can't be criticised. The throw is very difficult to judge. I'd safely say at least 60% of handpasses are at least questionable.

I've seen and heard debate over Tony Kelly's 7/8 steps before he scored the goal and the consensus from the pundits is basically "how dare you criticise such a great score". Fair enough, it was a great score but if the rules were being implemented it would have been a free out. The result would probably be the same anyway as if the ref was picking up on things like that, he'd likely have picked up on twenty other things as well. These things usually balance out over the course of a game.

My own opinion is that either the rules should be applied in hurling or else football referees should be allowed to pick and choose what rules they want to implement as well.

By *otownkid1967Man 11 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Watched it in a pub with 6 or 7 Americans. They had never seen anything like it in their lives. They were amazed that the players are all amatures.

Tipperary

If football matches were allowed to flow in the way hurling is then we might have some epic football matches as well. We've sanitised football in a way that has never been done with hurling. One of the problems with football nowadays is that players get frees for almost any physical contact so it's often exploited by lads diving to get the free. If there was nothing to be gained from diving then fellas wouldn't do it. Likewise, if the physical contact element was removed from hurling in the way it's been removed from football then you'd have some hurlers diving as well. true but there is some rule issues in hurling 2. Ball is constantly been over carried and thrown.

Oh yes, but those things, particularly the over carrying, can't be criticised. The throw is very difficult to judge. I'd safely say at least 60% of handpasses are at least questionable.

I've seen and heard debate over Tony Kelly's 7/8 steps before he scored the goal and the consensus from the pundits is basically "how dare you criticise such a great score". Fair enough, it was a great score but if the rules were being implemented it would have been a free out. The result would probably be the same anyway as if the ref was picking up on things like that, he'd likely have picked up on twenty other things as well. These things usually balance out over the course of a game.

My own opinion is that either the rules should be applied in hurling or else football referees should be allowed to pick and choose what rules they want to implement as well. "

refs are just mostly leaving the steps go in hurling. Handpass rule is it has to be a clear separation and striking action. If it looks a throw to the naked eye then it is but refs ignoring this also. Wonderful game Sunday but just that rules are been ignored.

Lucan

If football matches were allowed to flow in the way hurling is then we might have some epic football matches as well. We've sanitised football in a way that has never been done with hurling. One of the problems with football nowadays is that players get frees for almost any physical contact so it's often exploited by lads diving to get the free. If there was nothing to be gained from diving then fellas wouldn't do it. Likewise, if the physical contact element was removed from hurling in the way it's been removed from football then you'd have some hurlers diving as well. true but there is some rule issues in hurling 2. Ball is constantly been over carried and thrown.

My own opinion is that either the rules should be applied in hurling or else football referees should be allowed to pick and choose what rules they want to implement as well. refs are just mostly leaving the steps go in hurling. Handpass rule is it has to be a clear separation and striking action. If it looks a throw to the naked eye then it is but refs ignoring this also. Wonderful game Sunday but just that rules are been ignored."

Yep, agree fully with that. The handpass I can live with as its hard to judge for a ref unless he's quite close. It really happens in a split second. Even the steps, I can forgive a ref once it's not taking the piss. What annoys me though is pundits suggesting that certain rules don't matter, and basically, if you're counting steps you're looking at the wrong thing.

Tipperary

My own opinion is that either the rules should be applied in hurling or else football referees should be allowed to pick and choose what rules they want to implement as well. refs are just mostly leaving the steps go in hurling. Handpass rule is it has to be a clear separation and striking action. If it looks a throw to the naked eye then it is but refs ignoring this also. Wonderful game Sunday but just that rules are been ignored.

Yep, agree fully with that. The handpass I can live with as it’s hard to judge for a ref unless he's quite close. It really happens in a split second. Even the steps, I can forgive a ref once it's not taking the piss. What annoys me though is pundits suggesting that certain rules don't matter, and basically, if you're counting steps you're looking at the wrong thing. "

ye most ex players and pundits see no wrong.

By (user no longer on site) 11 weeks ago

Incredible game. One for the ages!!

Inches in it ….. and as we know, that can make all the difference

By *acob12369Man 11 weeks ago

URPANTS

Who was playing and who won.

» Add a new message to this topic