FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Bird enthusiasm

Bird enthusiasm

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *lowloadandgocouple OP   Couple 12 weeks ago

ferrybank

Yes our little fury friends, spotted a barn owl 2 nights ago and if you're a twitcher like me it should give you horn!

Only 400 pairs of roughly of breeding pairs left in ireland

Question being birds or not what interests do you have outside of fab that grounds you?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *orkGuyFunGuyMan 12 weeks ago

Cork

Not a birdwatcher by any means but I always notice Harris hawks around the rural part of cork when I'm working can help but stop and look

For me, music music music. Making music and all the rest I play most things and if I'm not fucking I'm making it listening to every genre you can think of

ferrybank

"Not a birdwatcher by any means but I always notice Harris hawks around the rural part of cork when I'm working can help but stop and look

For me, music music music. Making music and all the rest I play most things and if I'm not fucking I'm making it listening to every genre you can think of "

Thing is its doubtfully Harris hawks?

Certainly buzzards, red kites of possibly the reintroduced eagles down there?

By *ayFieldsMan 12 weeks ago

Leixlip

Outside of Fab I like to try and find someone to have sex with ??

By *orkGuyFunGuyMan 12 weeks ago

Cork

That's probably right...but to be fair I haven't an absolute clue haha!

Dermot Kennedy talks a lot about birds in his songs ? Kinda a balance between birds and music

By *aid backMan 12 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

Outside of fab? Fishing, football and cars

By *xplorer2023Man 12 weeks ago

Dublin

Hats off to you

You lured me in with the Barn Owl and then you hooked me with the cream pie

The classic 1-2 of ornithological fore play and vaginal finishing move.

??

By *xplorer2023Man 12 weeks ago

Dublin

the ?? at the end was supposed to be a hand clap emoji

just in case it came across as dripping sarcasm

ferrybank

"Hats off to you

You lured me in with the Barn Owl and then you hooked me with the cream pie

The classic 1-2 of ornithological fore play and vaginal finishing move.

??"

By *rRiosMan 12 weeks ago

dublin

*derogatory comment incoming*

I like birds, especially ones with tits who swallow

°

Sorry

By *ilthyNightsCouple 12 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Was never bothered about birds until we moved to the country and now we wake every morning to the sounds of the barn swallow chicks chittering, and the cockerel crowing. Love it!

By *ealitybitesMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

I watch magpies and robins bathing outside my window at work most days.

My interests outside of here include hiking and I've seen red kites and buzzards.

I was in the French and Italian Alps last week and got up close to a couple of golden eagles and had lunch at 2000 metres with 2 Ibex sitting beside me.

By *ichael McCarthyMan 12 weeks ago

Lucan

I love bridges. I'll go out if my way regularly to drive or walk over particular ones that I like.

I love birds but being where I am the selection available never changes much. I occasionally go out of my way to watch the red kites up over the hills in Wicklow or sometimes the Dublin mountains.

Ancient burial chambers. I love me a good undisturbed cairn, or would of it existed. There's something spiritual about being on a hilltop where our ancestors were maybe 5000 years ago, just wondering what they were thinking about. There's a hill in Meath, the highest point in Meath, Sliabh na Callaigh, with various possible spellings, with four chambers on the top of it, all in various states of ruin. From the hill you can see 19 counties. I often wonder what that must have been like 5000 years ago. That was probably the entire world for most people. It's a beautiful place and well worth a visit for anyone who hasn't been there.

By *ubadubdubWoman 12 weeks ago

Hereabouts

"Yes our little fury friends, spotted a barn owl 2 nights ago and if you're a twitcher like me it should give you horn!

Question being birds or not what interests do you have outside of fab that grounds you?"

Only 400 pairs of roughly of breeding pairs left in ireland That's actually heartbreaking if accurate. I've been lucky enough to have seen them on a few occasions and it just leaves me speechless. They are so beautiful!

I'm a nature spotter on an everyday basis, keeping my eyes and ears open has led me to see stoats, otters, pine-marten and hares as well as all the regular garden birds and animals. And as you say, it is very grounding

ferrybank

"I love bridges. I'll go out if my way regularly to drive or walk over particular ones that I like.

I love birds but being where I am the selection available never changes much. I occasionally go out of my way to watch the red kites up over the hills in Wicklow or sometimes the Dublin mountains.

Ancient burial chambers. I love me a good undisturbed cairn, or would of it existed. There's something spiritual about being on a hilltop where our ancestors were maybe 5000 years ago, just wondering what they were thinking about. There's a hill in Meath, the highest point in Meath, Sliabh na Callaigh, with various possible spellings, with four chambers on the top of it, all in various states of ruin. From the hill you can see 19 counties. I often wonder what that must have been like 5000 years ago. That was probably the entire world for most people. It's a beautiful place and well worth a visit for anyone who hasn't been there. "

I went to see poulnabrone dolmen in Co.clare recently and like that takes you back wondering what it was like all those years ago.

Took in the impressive cliffs of moher on a wild athlantic day.

Refreshing to say the least

Hereabouts

"I love bridges. I'll go out if my way regularly to drive or walk over particular ones that I like.

Ancient burial chambers. I love me a good undisturbed cairn, or would of it existed. There's something spiritual about being on a hilltop where our ancestors were maybe 5000 years ago, just wondering what they were thinking about. There's a hill in Meath, the highest point in Meath, Sliabh na Callaigh, with various possible spellings, with four chambers on the top of it, all in various states of ruin. From the hill you can see 19 counties. I often wonder what that must have been like 5000 years ago. That was probably the entire world for most people. It's a beautiful place and well worth a visit for anyone who hasn't been there. "

Oh my .... Swooning here

ferrybank

"I watch magpies and robins bathing outside my window at work most days.

My interests outside of here include hiking and I've seen red kites and buzzards.

I was in the French and Italian Alps last week and got up close to a couple of golden eagles and had lunch at 2000 metres with 2 Ibex sitting beside me. "

I'm jealous as I've never see a golden Eagle in the wild as of yet.

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman 12 weeks ago

in the waves

I wouldn't class myself as a bird enthusiast but I did take a recent trip to the saltee islands to see the puffins and gannets.

I'm a big lover of nature in general and enjoy being outdoors hiking, swimming or just taking it all in. It's good for the soul.

By *ealitybitesMan 12 weeks ago

Belfast

I was in the French and Italian Alps last week and got up close to a couple of golden eagles and had lunch at 2000 metres with 2 Ibex sitting beside me.

"

It was amazing and at one point they swooped down over the Chamonix valley and were below us so we got to see them both from above and below.

By *ichael McCarthyMan 12 weeks ago

Lucan

Ancient burial chambers. I love me a good undisturbed cairn, or would of it existed. There's something spiritual about being on a hilltop where our ancestors were maybe 5000 years ago, just wondering what they were thinking about. There's a hill in Meath, the highest point in Meath, Sliabh na Callaigh, with various possible spellings, with four chambers on the top of it, all in various states of ruin. From the hill you can see 19 counties. I often wonder what that must have been like 5000 years ago. That was probably the entire world for most people. It's a beautiful place and well worth a visit for anyone who hasn't been there.

Oh my .... Swooning here "

Swoon over a bit closer, ya big ride ya!

ferrybank

"Yes our little fury friends, spotted a barn owl 2 nights ago and if you're a twitcher like me it should give you horn!

Question being birds or not what interests do you have outside of fab that grounds you?

Only 400 pairs of roughly of breeding pairs left in ireland That's actually heartbreaking if accurate. I've been lucky enough to have seen them on a few occasions and it just leaves me speechless. They are so beautiful!

I'm a nature spotter on an everyday basis, keeping my eyes and ears open has led me to see stoats, otters, pine-marten and hares as well as all the regular garden birds and animals. And as you say, it is very grounding "

400 pairs according to bird watch irelands estimation.

Yes very unfortunate

ferrybank

It was amazing and at one point they swooped down over the Chamonix valley and were below us so we got to see them both from above and below. "

I have been to the alps a few times, one of the most beautiful places on earth.

By *urfdudeMan 12 weeks ago

WEXFORD

"Not a birdwatcher by any means but I always notice Harris hawks around the rural part of cork when I'm working can help but stop and look

For me, music music music. Making music and all the rest I play most things and if I'm not fucking I'm making it listening to every genre you can think of "

They cant be Harris Hawks, they arent native to Ireland, More than likely Buzzards.

By *aid backMan 12 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

I have a family or jackdaws and Magpies our my back that I regularly feed. I love crows.

I had a pet jackdaw when I was a boy was out hunting and found it had fallen from a nest and brought it home and hand fed it till it was big enough and then released it again

By *og-ManMan 12 weeks ago

somewhere

I walk my dogs early in the morning and late at night

The mornings Id usually see just the usual wood pigeons and magpies but for the last few weeks also lots of Grey squirrels

Late night is a nightmare at the moment with the fox cubs

Every night Id see and let pass around 8 to 10 foxes and cubs

Had to stop last night about 20m from the house as 2 foxes were in my front garden

I've had one sit on a bench looking in the window at me and the dogs which drives the dogs wild

At the weekend one fox had stepped in white paint and left footprints all over my patio area

The cubs are gorgeous except when they cry

By (user no longer on site) 12 weeks ago

He lives right on the coast but has 2 rivers and woods beside him and a nature reserve, so everything that flies is around him. I have to admit the last few years has seen me concentrate on work and my kids zero me time. But now I'm getting much more me time and looking now at reintroducing hobbies into my life. He is trying to get me into fishing, really not sure on that one.

By *wingme22Man 12 weeks ago

Galway

I'm a nature spotter on an everyday basis, keeping my eyes and ears open has led me to see stoats, otters, pine-marten and hares as well as all the regular garden birds and animals. And as you say, it is very grounding "

There may be only 400 pairs but ther numbers are on the increase. Thanks to work being carried out by conservationist.

By *empoproMan 12 weeks ago

Blarney

"Was never bothered about birds until we moved to the country and now we wake every morning to the sounds of the barn swallow chicks chittering, and the cockerel crowing. Love it!"

You live near me

My cock never stops crowing

(An actual male chicken, to be clear :- )

By *itlbeeCouple 12 weeks ago

Ireland

If you're into birds you gotta check out the BirdNet app.

It listens to bird calls and sings around you and uses AI to identify them.

ferrybank

"If you're into birds you gotta check out the BirdNet app.

It listens to bird calls and sings around you and uses AI to identify them. "

Have it a couple of years, I know most bird calls but use it when I'm not certain of a particular bird call.

It's not right alot of the time I find.

I was trying to identify a long eared owl chick recently and bird ney thought it was human

Best bet is you tube when uncertain

By *amsevenMan 12 weeks ago

cork

Make that 401 breeding pairs because there two barn owls in our yard for last 5 or 6 years. I'll often see them at dusk if I'm outside. That both landed on wire about 20 feet from me more than once. Pair of magpies and pair of pigeons and two pairs of swallowws live here too. Have watched the swallows chase off a bird of prey more than once out in the fields. The bird of prey is around here a year but iv not got a good enough look to identify it. heard the cuckcoo earlier. Then you've Robins, blackbirds, finches and of course tits. I love the tits

Sport sport sport and growing veg are my interests these day

Mr here/ Newgrange falconry has lots plus Louth Village is part of bird of prey release scheme, there is emerald park and a few other sites in Louth/ Meath who look after birds of prey. At my home the most Buzzards I've seen play in a thermal was 11 birds. I'm afraid most people just laugh at bird enthusiasts as boring people. I've foxes who call up to 1 of my dogs to sit and howl at the moon, sounds cute but not at 3 in the morning. Behind my house I can have 10's of thousands of geese in the winter again serious racket! But it's better than noisy neighbours.

Hereabouts

"Mr here/ Newgrange falconry has lots plus Louth Village is part of bird of prey release scheme, there is emerald park and a few other sites in Louth/ Meath who look after birds of prey. At my home the most Buzzards I've seen play in a thermal was 11 birds. I'm afraid most people just laugh at bird enthusiasts as boring people. I've foxes who call up to 1 of my dogs to sit and howl at the moon, sounds cute but not at 3 in the morning. Behind my house I can have 10's of thousands of geese in the winter again serious racket! But it's better than noisy neighbours. "

That migration must be amazing to see! And hear

Takes about 2.5hrs to fly over

» Add a new message to this topic