FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > What would you rather?

What would you rather?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *panishRebel OP   Man 13 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

Would you rather be broke but live in the sun next to the sea with a slow easy pace of life where coffee beer and wine is cheap, but you can't drive anywhere or go on holidays etc because there is no money?

Or

Would you rather be rich, working 80 hours a week, never seen the sun, hectic all the time, but have money for everything, able to go wherever you want (on your four weeks per year holidays) costs no issue?

There's no in-between. It's either or!

Tell me your feelings and preferences!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan 13 weeks ago

Belfast

Neither. Cost of beer and wine is irrelevant to me and I'm not a fan of the sun.

At the same time I've no interest in working ridiculous hours just to earn a lot of money.

I know you said either or but for me it's neither of those options.

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 09/07/24 17:54:52]

Belfast

"Neither. Cost of beer and wine is irrelevant to me and I'm not a fan of the sun.

At the same time I've no interest in working ridiculous hours just to earn a lot of money.

I know you said either or but for me it's neither of those options. "

Although reading it again the slower pace of life is more appealing regardless of location

By *ealcoupleCouple 13 weeks ago

What good is money when you work too much to enjoy spending it. Def the 1st for Me slow pace of life time to spend with family and friends is priceless.

By *otownkid1967Man 13 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Definitely the first for me and looking forward to that sort of lifestyle when I retire.

By *og-ManMan 13 weeks ago

somewhere

Id rather be rich than poor to be honest

It wouldn't be forever as you could eventually retire rich anyway and then enjoy your new slowed down lifestyle if you like that

By *oodOmensfor2Couple 13 weeks ago

Ennis

I'd rather be broke and live by the sun. No amount of money is worth the mental and physical stress you can get from overworking!

Mrs

By *ilthyNightsCouple 13 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I've never been one to chase money... But I don't like hot weather either. So I wouldn't be keen on either. Can't I be a happy bum here in Ireland?

"I've never been one to chase money... But I don't like hot weather either. So I wouldn't be keen on either. Can't I be a happy bum here in Ireland?"

Ironically I asked this question after a classic either or from my youngest son. And the rules of his game are, it's either or!

Personally yes, you can be a happy bum anywhere. But for this feck it!

By *heelofTimeCouple 13 weeks ago

Two Rivers

"Id rather be rich than poor to be honest

It wouldn't be forever as you could eventually retire rich anyway and then enjoy your new slowed down lifestyle if you like that "

This . Can also retire early as would have the funds to do so!

It wouldn't be forever as you could eventually retire rich anyway and then enjoy your new slowed down lifestyle if you like that

This . Can also retire early as would have the funds to do so! "

The question is when do you retire and how long do most people live after retirement?

By *ealcoupleCouple 13 weeks ago

The question is when do you retire and how long do most people live after retirement?"

This and what physical and mental toll would working 80hrs a week take on you over time. Jesus even 40 is more than enough.

By *BT4KICKSWoman 13 weeks ago

Cork

1st is my dream that I am aiming for. No one says on their death bed I needed to work more and have more money.

By *heelofTimeCouple 13 weeks ago

Two Rivers

The question is when do you retire and how long do most people live after retirement?

This and what physical and mental toll would working 80hrs a week take on you over time. Jesus even 40 is more than enough."

Ah no one works 80hrs a week to get rich. Work smarter not harder Be willing put in extra time when needed aka on the peak, take it back during the trough

By *he KakapoMan 13 weeks ago

A nice rock

I'll take the money thanks.

A nice slow easy pace is great until something goes wrong and I've no safety net

By *antra MassageMan 13 weeks ago

Wicklow

Definitely the first one. No doubt. I've tried the second one, not for me ever again.

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple 13 weeks ago

ireland

Know quite a few people who have quite literally worked themselves to an early grave and never got to retirement age so we would def pick the slow pace of life in the sun (can always sit in the shade if it gets too much )

By *om TangoMan 13 weeks ago

aughnacloy monaghan area

2nd one for me. I’d die with boredom with the first one. Rather have something to get up for in the morning and sit down at night knowing I’ve a goods days work done and a few euros in the wallet.

By *TinyDelight-Woman 13 weeks ago

City Centre

I'd be a beach bum. The second option is horrendous. My soul would die.

By *aguar888Man 13 weeks ago

Dublin,

[Removed by poster at 10/07/24 07:27:14]

By *aguar888Man 13 weeks ago

Dublin,

I'm living the first option but do have a car and a job.

By *addyseeds.ieMan 13 weeks ago

Gorey, Enniscorthy

I will go for option 1. Free time is so much valuable, money can’t buy you time.

By *ep-n-PixieCouple 13 weeks ago

Kildare , Dublin, Meath

Option 2 for me. If there is an opportunity to work hard and become rich im in! 1st reason that comes to mind is family…. Just think of the opportunities you could provide if money was no object. You could see the world with your family and share those memories. The lifestyle you can share with your family every day. even if you are working alot, you still have more power to be spontaneous with some down time if money is no object. To me, thats what we all go on holiday for… is to sit in the sun, slow pace of life! But to live like that full time with financial restriction to me is watching life go bye. Because the sad thing is there are people who work themselves into the ground and never become “rich”.

We all know money is not everything, but if you have a zest for life and people to share it with, money sure does help!!!

Some people are very mentally strong and can find the balance. But the reality is its all about sacrifice, you cant have it all!! Pep ????

By *astelloWoman 13 weeks ago

Far far away

I'm currently considering this. Busy planning my exit strategy so l can be a digital nomad in another country. Have 5 more years of planning, then adios.

By *atureSensualgentMan 13 weeks ago

Somewhere near

I'd rather be broke living next to the sea, unfortunately I have children who need support and their mum who I promised to help too.

Life online has the tendency to simplify things more than reality allows. If we are true to who we are, and looking for an easy life we must honor our past promises.

So once I have honored my past I'm off to my retirement by the sea

» Add a new message to this topic