FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Worst flatmate ever

Worst flatmate ever

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astello OP   Woman 14 weeks ago

Far far away

Just engrossed in this on Netflix and l thought about my flatmates over the years.

The hairy bikers with the pube filled bath.

The masturbating landlord

The girl who didn't wash her bath towel for 12 months.

The cheapskate...

Let's share your worst stories ever...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *electableicecreamMan 14 weeks ago

The West

I once lived with 7 student nurses in Dublin. The house was so filthy I kept my own plate and cutlery in my bedroom.

I had to get up at 6am to have a shower because they would hold the door for each other so if I don't go first I would be last and late for work.

50 quid a week cash for a bedroom the same size as a single bed.

By *leasurevilleMan 14 weeks ago

kilkenny

"I once lived with 7 student nurses in Dublin. The house was so filthy I kept my own plate and cutlery in my bedroom.

I had to get up at 6am to have a shower because they would hold the door for each other so if I don't go first I would be last and late for work.

50 quid a week cash for a bedroom the same size as a single bed."

your first sentence sounded so promising

By *exyScientistsCouple 14 weeks ago

Castlebar

Lived in student nurses accommodation for 3 years. At least twice a week the fire alarm was set off by steam or burnt toast and we had to stand outside day or night until the fire brigade reset the alarms and gave the all clear.

On the plus side...fireman

By *leasurevilleMan 14 weeks ago

kilkenny

"Lived in student nurses accommodation for 3 years. At least twice a week the fire alarm was set off by steam or burnt toast and we had to stand outside day or night until the fire brigade reset the alarms and gave the all clear.

On the plus side...fireman "

mmm nurses

Far far away

Nurses getting a bad rap on here....

By *og-ManMan 14 weeks ago

somewhere

"Nurses getting a bad rap on here.... "

When I think of a durty nurse that's not what I was thinking tbh

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 14 weeks ago

The West

When I first started renting, I had this ridiculous notion that women are generally tidy and clean...Came as a bit of a shock at how many are actually feral!

By *atureSensualgentMan 14 weeks ago

Somewhere near

Once shared an 8 bedroom house in magazine road Cork, with 9 others, during the summer months myself and another apprentice had the whole house to ourselves. Thing was he wasn't into cleaning up so he worked his way through each of the other bedrooms without cleaning any.

Then when September came around and the first of the students moved in... He traumatised them. One poor young lad woke up one morning with every sharp knife in the house stuck in his door. Still we had some great parties, them was the 90s probably get arrested now for some of the shit he did.

By *ealitybitesMan 14 weeks ago

Belfast

I've never house shared or had flatmates but a customer of mine had a second job cleaning accommodation at the local hospital where the nurses and student doctors stayed.

She said the only way to describe it was to think of The Young Ones and then go lower.

She had to shower every time she left the building to get the stench off her.

By *ingerNNutsCouple 14 weeks ago

dublin

Laundry everywhere, food wrappers down couches, wet towels on carpets, keeping you up all night insisting you feed them….list goes on….do kids count as roommates lol

Mrs

Far far away

In college, had the landlord with us..omg..if we used the toaster had to clean every crumb of it..inside and put before we left the kitchen... the stress of it..

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

I actually lived with myself at that age. Worst possible housemate ever

By *ealitybitesMan 14 weeks ago

Belfast

When a friend went to university back in the mid 80s I spent a day with him looking for suitable accommodation.

One landlady who lived in the premises with her daughter said that over the years she had alternated between young men one year and young women the next.

After a few years doing that she had vowed never to have women ever again because in general they had very little respect for her or her property and it was on the accommodation list provided to the university "males only".

By *suivMan 14 weeks ago

south side

Worst flatmate? He sued me after I got him with my steamroller ….

By *cotsguyyMan 14 weeks ago

Belfast

Uuummmmm.....this thread is worrying.

I've shared in many a house over the years and I've never had a bad flatmate.

Does that mean it's me? Am I the bad housemate??

Far far away

Well the Netflix series they all ended up dead..we thankful this is the moderate one..bar the steamroller eeks

By *aseylee324Couple 14 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

Only ever had flatmates who were mildly annoying on occasion, such as the one who used to put baby oil in her bath and never rinse off the ensuing layer of grease afterwards

By *ichael McCarthyMan 14 weeks ago

Lucan

I shared a house in the late eighties with three girls. I moved out after about two months as the state of the toilet used to make me sick. It was like one of them nightmarish petrol station toilets that you see, and I could never figure out which one was the culprit.

By *aseylee324Couple 14 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"I shared a house in the late eighties with three girls. I moved out after about two months as the state of the toilet used to make me sick. It was like one of them nightmarish petrol station toilets that you see, and I could never figure out which one was the culprit. "

More nurses?

By *ichael McCarthyMan 14 weeks ago

Lucan

"I shared a house in the late eighties with three girls. I moved out after about two months as the state of the toilet used to make me sick. It was like one of them nightmarish petrol station toilets that you see, and I could never figure out which one was the culprit.

More nurses? "

One worked in Revenue. I reckon it was her.

By *otownkid1967Man 14 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Having rented out properties for over 30 years, I have found that ladies were a lot worse than men. Used tampons just dumped under the bed and worse. At least with the lads ,we knew that a couple of hours would have the place ready again.Bloody Aussie women were the worst I have ever encountered.

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 14 weeks ago

kinkytown

Think the worse one was the teacher from Donegal I shared a flat with. Regularly overloaded the washing machine causing it to flood the kitchen and expected me to clean up the water from it. The worse thing she did was actually after she moves out. Each flat was allocated a parking spot. Came home one evening from work to find her car in said parking spot. When questioned why her car was there I was told I could park my car in the village as parking was free overnight. I then told her that getting her car back from the towing company wouldn't be free and if it was there when I got back from the supermarket that's where she will picking it up from. Needless to say the car was gone 20mins later.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 14 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

I used to have a drug dealer as a flatmate when I was a student. Pain in the butt all kinds of people calling and knocking all times day and night.

The West

I used to host exchange students. The kids loved having other kids from all over Europe come stay.

Got these two teens from Paris. They went out every night, ignored virtue and were rude as fuck. The last night they stumbled in d*unk at 3am and woke up the whole house.

I was up at six waiting to drive them to their class and airport bus. I did not call them. Their teachers did though the ensuing racket and panicking was quite satisfactory.

I don't think they realised how good my French was because when we arrived at the bus they blamed me for everything to their teachers.

I said nothing and calmly went home to start taking photos of their bedroom, which they had completely trashed and had no time to tidy or hide all the bottles of spirits thru left lying around.

I got a written letter of apology from their school and they were banned from all future travel opportunities.

The West

*curfew - not virtue

By *onjour691Man 14 weeks ago

Dublin

Housemate vomited all over the stairs and to clean it up he used the hoover!!!

Far far away

"I used to host exchange students. The kids loved having other kids from all over Europe come stay.

Got these two teens from Paris. They went out every night, ignored virtue and were rude as fuck. The last night they stumbled in d*unk at 3am and woke up the whole house.

I was up at six waiting to drive them to their class and airport bus. I did not call them. Their teachers did though the ensuing racket and panicking was quite satisfactory.

I don't think they realised how good my French was because when we arrived at the bus they blamed me for everything to their teachers.

I said nothing and calmly went home to start taking photos of their bedroom, which they had completely trashed and had no time to tidy or hide all the bottles of spirits thru left lying around.

I got a written letter of apology from their school and they were banned from all future travel opportunities."

Tres mauvais.

Far far away

Watched the last episode of this on Netflix last night where the guy in the hostel tried to kill his flatmate.

So any holiday travels horror stories.

2002 New Zealand -top bunk in a hostel. Midget legs. It's a long way down.

2001 -Brisbane hot guy on the top bunk. Thought it be funny be talk "as gaeilge" on his hotness to my buddy in the room.. until he stuck his head over the edge and said "go raibh maith agat".

Athens - summer. 8 bed dorm..only female is me. No air-conditioning,the smell, sweat, farts, creeps... long long night.

» Add a new message to this topic