FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Messaging Apps

Messaging Apps

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eaAndBen OP   Couple 13 weeks ago

Dublin

Have most people migrated to T*l*gram? Is it secure? Can you open account with an email without it notifying phone contacts etc. Seems everyone is using. Any experiences good or bad as I don’t want to open an account if I can be found by my phone contacts x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ayFieldsMan 13 weeks ago

Leixlip

"Have most people migrated to T*l*gram? Is it secure? Can you open account with an email without it notifying phone contacts etc. Seems everyone is using. Any experiences good or bad as I don’t want to open an account if I can be found by my phone contacts x"

I downloaded and it notified my contacts ..not sure if there is away around it

By *electableicecreamMan 13 weeks ago

The West

It will use your phone number to notify anyone else on telegram that has you in their contacts.

That's unavoidable.

After you set it up you can change your privacy settings and hide your phone number. It's quite secure.

Just don't add a naughty profile photo or join any groups etc until you've locked down the settings.

Dublin

Thanks, can you set up via an email to avoid this happening or must you supply a phone number?

By *electableicecreamMan 13 weeks ago

The West

You have to supply your number.

Dublin

Ah ok. Thx

By *ensualnFunCouple 13 weeks ago

Midlands

As delectable said bland pic and also generic name… then it will notify your contacts but who cares. Just another messaging app like WhatsApp.

Then you can choose who sees any of your info including phone number, bio and pic.

You can even have a vanilla pic for public display and a hot one for a special group

By *obbytimplehillMan 13 weeks ago

Limerick

I'm not sure if this always works but if you use a secure folder on your phone and put the messaging app in there it won't show up on someone else's app or at least not automatically there might be a manual work around they could use to still see you on the app

By *ungry CatCouple 13 weeks ago

Belfast

Telegram will notify all contacts.

To make it secure and completely separate from your contacts if you follow first 4 steps upon downloading it - none of your contacts will be able to see you any more:

1. Set your phone number visibility to "nobody"

2. Unsynch your contacts with no exceptions.

3. Make sure that the name box isn't filled with your actual name, use a nickname.

4. Check if your location is hidden.

You're ready to go. Its just like whatsapp, much better than kik tho. Zero ads, can set up your messages to self destruct, group chats can be set to prevent screenshots (yeah we all know that anyone can take photos of a screen, but normal people don't bother with that shite) and auto delete messages after a period of time, so lurkers can't go looking at week old conversations etc.

About spicy profile photos - once the contacts are unsynched - people in your contacts shouldn't be able to see your profile pic

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 13 weeks ago

The West

Is there anybody you know pretty well on here?

Setup Telegram, go through the privacy settings setout above and then contact each other to see what it shows!?

By *ungry CatCouple 13 weeks ago

Belfast

"Is there anybody you know pretty well on here?

Setup Telegram, go through the privacy settings setout above and then contact each other to see what it shows!?"

This!

Any time we create a group chat for upcoming event - we usually look out for all that and let people know if their name or number is still showing up and letting them know before adding them to any group chats.

We all have to look out for one another

By *ergalMan 13 weeks ago

East Cork

Tried following instructions above,but i know of no one else here or on Tele to check if the set up worked

By *ozzlesMan 13 weeks ago

galway

Sorry in advance for the silly question, I'm a complete technophobe

What's wrong with WhatsApp?

What's better about telegram?

By *ergalMan 13 weeks ago

East Cork

"Sorry in advance for the silly question, I'm a complete technophobe

What's better about telegram?"

You need to give your phone number for whatsapp, so your profile pic is available along with people being able to Google your number etc

By *ozzlesMan 13 weeks ago

galway

"Sorry in advance for the silly question, I'm a complete technophobe

What's better about telegram?

You need to give your phone number for whatsapp, so your profile pic is available along with people being able to Google your number etc"

Thank you

By *ub23Man 13 weeks ago

wandering

Any good groups on k×k is be interested in joining?

By *eMacMan 13 weeks ago

kildare

Line is the best messaging app.

By *itlbeeCouple 13 weeks ago

Ireland

Telegram is best because most people are willing to use it. And it IS a good messaging app.

Don't sign up with with a dirty username and picture. Pick a random innocent enough username and only uae your first name and initials.

So many of my contacts have a telegram account for normal reasons. So it's not a giveaway in itself. Just change your privacy settings after you join.

By *alwaycouple69Couple 13 weeks ago

Galway/Mayo

New to telegram and still figuring it out but it seems everyone has moved to it?? Is there any groups ect that we could ask to be added too? Thanks guys

» Add a new message to this topic