FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > McIlroy

McIlroy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *agles10 OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Belfast

That was the ultimate bottle if I ever seen one!

Can’t see him winning another majors anytime soon unless he rolls back the tears and had a 6-7 shot lead!

Absolute madness!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r-EdMan 14 weeks ago

Dublin

Don't think he'll ever get over it, what a bottler...

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

Mb that's why his wife was thinking of divorcing him.

Anytime he gets near a hole he can't get it in

By *heMystroMan 14 weeks ago

Dublin

It’s incredible pressure on anyone. Someone has to break and unfortunately it was him. Consistently he gets himself there out of all the top golfers in the world when he cracks it hopefully next month at the Open he will go on a roll.

By *og-ManMan 14 weeks ago

somewhere

"It’s incredible pressure on anyone. Someone has to break and unfortunately it was him. Consistently he gets himself there out of all the top golfers in the world when he cracks it hopefully next month at the Open he will go on a roll."

This

By *ublinoM45Man 14 weeks ago

South Dublin

In last 3 holes didn’t he miss 2 4 foot putts? I nearly would have got them myself and I don’t play golf. If he got them, he’d have won it.

By *udding RoseWoman 14 weeks ago

Somewhere out there

How bad was it, did his ball go off course or something!?

By *riendly_fun_guyMan 14 weeks ago

Dublin

Reply to forum post "McIlroy"

It wasn’t good. But he was setting the pace and trying to post a score, Bryson made mistakes too before a miracle shot on the last and then knew what he had to do to win.

By (user no longer on site) 14 weeks ago

McIlroy is a world class golfer can’t take that away from him, however there is something clearly missing to take him over the line at the end. I think he needs to have a look at getting a new caddy, I know him and Harry are great friends but I think with a top tier caddy on the bag Rory could go on to win a couple more majors. Harry is just a yes man who’s rid on Rory’s coattail for too long in my opinion

By *otownkid1967Man 14 weeks ago

Portlaoise

In all fairness, he has won 4 majors already and countless other big tournaments. He was going well till he missed that 4 footer. Don't think people realise how hard the course was playing and how treacherous those greens were. On the last he took driver instead of 3 Wood which he had used on previous rounds trying to get himself in better position, which didn't happen. I don't think it's fair to call him a bottler, after all he has won and done for the game of golf.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man 14 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin

Aye it’s easy to say that watching on from the tv

He chased your man down and couldn’t quite do enough to get over the line

By *ol_ieMan 14 weeks ago

Dublin west

These posts crack me up. Have seen lots over the weekend slagging of professional sports people at the top of their game, by people who have no idea what it has taken to become so successful.

Very easy to sit behind a screen and slag people off when you have never stood in their shoes and see the dedication and effort it takes to get to their levels.

Judge them only when you have walked in their shoes and accomplished a fraction of what they have accomplished.

By *I TwoCouple 14 weeks ago

currently travelling down W France

Id be happy with 10% ofmhis annual winnings

Portlaoise

"Id be happy with 10% ofmhis annual winnings "

I'd be happy with 1%

Portlaoise

"These posts crack me up. Have seen lots over the weekend slagging of professional sports people at the top of their game, by people who have no idea what it has taken to become so successful.

Very easy to sit behind a screen and slag people off when you have never stood in their shoes and see the dedication and effort it takes to get to their levels.

Judge them only when you have walked in their shoes and accomplished a fraction of what they have accomplished."

Well said that man.

By *agles10 OP   Man 14 weeks ago

Belfast

"These posts crack me up. Have seen lots over the weekend slagging of professional sports people at the top of their game, by people who have no idea what it has taken to become so successful.

Judge them only when you have walked in their shoes and accomplished a fraction of what they have accomplished."

Hasn’t missed a put within 3 feet all season but misses 3 when it counts. Nope not a bottler

» Add a new message to this topic