FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Guys wanted, messages not accepted?

Guys wanted, messages not accepted?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *agles10 OP   Man 16 weeks ago

Belfast

Hey All,

Just wondering if this the case of being swamped by messages from guys so they are blocked from messaging or just to stop unwanted messages?

It’s frustrating when you see a profile saying couples or guys wanted but can’t message them lol.

Makes it difficult to arrange even social meats to get verifications as well

Just a thought

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *electableicecreamMan 16 weeks ago

The West

It's just a filter. People that use it tend to contact the people they are interested in directly.

By *ipstick KissesWoman 16 weeks ago

South Down

Just because someone wants to meet men, it doesn't mean they'll meet any man. If you're blocked from messaging, accept with good grace that either they've blocked all men from messaging (perhaps they're taking a breather, they're contacting those that interest them directly or they're only currently interested in those they've already had previous contact with) or you fall outwith their filters for one of a myriad of reasons

By *rish_GuyMan 16 weeks ago

Foxford

"Hey All,

Just wondering if this the case of being swamped by messages from guys so they are blocked from messaging or just to stop unwanted messages?

It’s frustrating when you see a profile saying couples or guys wanted but can’t message them lol.

Just a thought "

Ya, it can be a head wrecker alright. More than likely they don't want to be bombarded with shity messages. So they use that filter & get in contact with the single guy/s, that they're interested in themselves. It's not a nice thing to see on a profile. When your interested in them alright. It's there right, they're profile, they can do what they want with it. Don't take it to heart, move on, hopefully they'll contact you or ye meet eachother at a social sometime.

By *uper duperMan 16 weeks ago

around

It's the "can I suck your cock now since I'm nearby " question that melts my head since I'm not interested in guys!!

Foxford

"It's the "can I suck your cock now since I'm nearby " question that melts my head since I'm not interested in guys!!"

Ya, exactly. Look at some part of the profile, but don't seem to read it or just ignore what's said on it. Total head wreck.

By *ealitybitesMan 16 weeks ago

Belfast

"It's the "can I suck your cock now since I'm nearby " question that melts my head since I'm not interested in guys!!

Ya, exactly. Look at some part of the profile, but don't seem to read it or just ignore what's said on it. Total head wreck. "

Why not just block men from messaging if it's an issue?

By *uper duperMan 16 weeks ago

around

"It's the "can I suck your cock now since I'm nearby " question that melts my head since I'm not interested in guys!!

Ya, exactly. Look at some part of the profile, but don't seem to read it or just ignore what's said on it. Total head wreck.

Why not just block men from messaging if it's an issue? "

Good question, but as you can see from my profile, I have no problem with mfms.

And as a guy on my own who previously had a lady friend who liked the company of 2 guys, I often had to find guys for that reason.

So, if a guy wanted another guy for that reason I don't block guys.

Foxford

Why not just block men from messaging if it's an issue? "

For me personally it's not a very big problem. It does happen every now & then alright. I'm not a bit fan of the block button or using filters(yet). Also some guy's might need help with something or want to set something (for some reason) . So I'm holding on the block, filters, just yet.

By *addyseeds.ieMan 16 weeks ago

Dublin

"Hey All,

Just a thought "

I have a similar case where I’m outside the preferred age of a girl. She is close to my area, she wrote something she likes that will make a great match but I can’t msg her. Yes, frustrating

By *inde_fucking_rellaWoman 16 weeks ago

Dublin

"Hey All,

Just a thought "

Many very valid reasons and great explanations already been given.

Even when we lift filters on our profiles it’s the quality of messages that just make it impossible.

Leaving out the well known and common ones we all get and have been talked about in many a forum, here is just a very small sample of messages sent to me/us over the weekend.

These are all the first message ever received from each sender, exactly as received with the exception comments in brackets are mine for context;

Interested in some thick throbbing cock

Hey wana get on my face on 12th during tha day

I would enter you multiple time

I'd happily take that risk on u hop u out of it

You give off nurse vibes

I know it’s you Sam ( sent in the middle of the night and I have no idea who Sam is)

(Message 1) Hey..2 guys here to accommodate tonight South dublin can collect an accommodate

(Message 2 sent 6 minutes later)

Wats up free tonight can host South dublin

(Message 3 sent within a hour, not one reply has been sent to any of these)

Hey..yeah sounds good I'm free no problem

Never got a boob job before am I missing out at all

Would love to unzip that crotchless and insert my cock into you slowly. Have a big kink for latex lol

Who bit her hip

So OP when you are inundated with offer of vans pulling up to get you in the middle of the night, dick pics guaranteeing you the time of your life and a wide variety of nonsensical messages to would you actually approach someone in person like that, filters are unfortunately pretty necessary

By *og-ManMan 16 weeks ago

somewhere

"Hey All,

Just a thought

I have a similar case where I’m outside the preferred age of a girl. She is close to my area, she wrote something she likes that will make a great match but I can’t msg her. Yes, frustrating "

But it wont be a great match if you're outside her age range anyway

By *eroLondonMan 16 weeks ago

Mayfair

Ya, exactly. Look at some part of the profile, but don't seem to read it or just ignore what's said on it. Total head wreck. "

In the four years or so that I've been on here I've received less than 10 unsolicited messages from men, and that's with all my filters open. Some men perhaps needlessly attract the male demographic.

By *electableicecreamMan 16 weeks ago

The West

In the four years or so that I've been on here I've received less than 10 unsolicited messages from men, and that's with all my filters open. Some men perhaps needlessly attract the male demographic."

I get enough messages from guys that I prefer to keep my filters up.

Some of them are the usual unimaginative one liners but the majority of them are guys asking about my meets and what I'm up to on fab.

By *ealitybitesMan 16 weeks ago

Belfast

In the four years or so that I've been on here I've received less than 10 unsolicited messages from men, and that's with all my filters open. Some men perhaps needlessly attract the male demographic."

I've been here 8 years and can only remember getting one message like that way back at the start.

The main reason for blocking men from messaging was that once I had a few verifications I started getting messages from men either asking to be my wingman or inviting me to be theirs.

It was easier to block all rather than having to explain over and over again why I wasn't interested.

By *oc09Man 16 weeks ago

near u

"Hey All,

Just a thought

Many very valid reasons and great explanations already been given.

Even when we lift filters on our profiles it’s the quality of messages that just make it impossible.

Leaving out the well known and common ones we all get and have been talked about in many a forum, here is just a very small sample of messages sent to me/us over the weekend.

These are all the first message ever received from each sender, exactly as received with the exception comments in brackets are mine for context;

Interested in some thick throbbing cock

Hey wana get on my face on 12th during tha day

I would enter you multiple time

I'd happily take that risk on u hop u out of it

You give off nurse vibes

I know it’s you Sam ( sent in the middle of the night and I have no idea who Sam is)

(Message 1) Hey..2 guys here to accommodate tonight South dublin can collect an accommodate

(Message 2 sent 6 minutes later)

Wats up free tonight can host South dublin

(Message 3 sent within a hour, not one reply has been sent to any of these)

Hey..yeah sounds good I'm free no problem

Never got a boob job before am I missing out at all

Would love to unzip that crotchless and insert my cock into you slowly. Have a big kink for latex lol

Who bit her hip

So OP when you are inundated with offer of vans pulling up to get you in the middle of the night, dick pics guaranteeing you the time of your life and a wide variety of nonsensical messages to would you actually approach someone in person like that, filters are unfortunately pretty necessary "

By *eroLondonMan 16 weeks ago

Mayfair

In the four years or so that I've been on here I've received less than 10 unsolicited messages from men, and that's with all my filters open. Some men perhaps needlessly attract the male demographic.

·

I've been here 8 years and can only remember getting one message like that way back at the start.

The main reason for blocking men from messaging was that once I had a few verifications I started getting messages from men either asking to be my wingman or inviting me to be theirs.

It was easier to block all rather than having to explain over and over again why I wasn't interested. "

That's a fair approach and totally understandable. My filters are open so that I can keep in touch with male (platonic) forumites/friends who wish to meet for a beer, to furnish me with details of a social that they're organising, being an ear for those with mental health concerns who wish to vent, or for lighthearted engagements via a form game or a photo challenge etc.

Foxford

It was easier to block all rather than having to explain over and over again why I wasn't interested. "

That's understandable & the right thing to do.

Hopefully I don't have to do that meself.

I'll do it if I have.

» Add a new message to this topic