FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > How to help a depressed partner

How to help a depressed partner

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oatsnhoes OP   Man 5 weeks ago

fermoy

My partner is really down, won't leave bed, won't associate with our little one, this has been a recurring issue on and off with some time, I don't know what else I can do about it, has anyone been on a similar boat and would know what to do?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ringo1965Man 5 weeks ago

ENNISCORTHY

Get him to see a doctor,great medication out there.

By *aseylee324Couple 5 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

I'm assuming your partner is female, has she been diagnosed by a medical professional? If not, is she open to seeing someone?

By *elloMarylouWoman 5 weeks ago

mayo

Support her, try and talk to her, has she a good friend or family member you can voice your concerns, get her to go to the doctor but sometimes you just need to be there, abd let her pull herself up.

Don't fight or argue about her been down, please don't say things like pull yourself together or there are people worse off.

That black cloud or black dog us huge to her, it might be small to someone else but from personal experience when you under the cloud it makes you feel worse and a burden by been told off.

Look up the black dog on YouTube its worth a watch.

Contact Aware for help.

By *BT4KICKSWoman 5 weeks ago

Cork

You say you have a little one and it's on and off for awhile. Postnatal depression can very different for everyone. Untreated can last a long time. It's not just a new born thing can come to ahead a long time after. Just saying as you mentioned a little one. Go to talk to your own GP to discuss it with them to see what options are there locally that she might be willing to try and also get help for you it's very hard living with someone with depression. Been there unfortunately. Be kind to yourself.

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 5 weeks ago

The West

It's a very difficult situation and there is not much the average person can do. Don't give pep talks or condescending comments.

Seek professional help, try and talk to them about going to see a doctor. The right professional help can be life changing for many.

By *londebiguyMan 5 weeks ago

Southport

Definitely needs some professional help.

Counselling and a doctor I'd say.

By *adger BrocMan 4 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Doctor, medication and some professional counselling.

By (user no longer on site) 4 weeks ago

Very sorry to hear. Agree with the above. Professional help but you have to push and push and push again for it. Don't be fobbed off.

By *amesmckMan 4 weeks ago

Clonmel

God help her, and you.

Stay strong for the little one and some gentle discussions with your partner. Mum or her sisters might be able to help. Medical assistance for deffo.

By *rRiosMan 4 weeks ago

Dublin

Take all of the advice above as best possible. What hasn’t been mentioned in this thread is the OP’s mental health. That also needs some attention. Best of luck

» Add a new message to this topic