FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Meeting soon-ish vs long chats

Meeting soon-ish vs long chats

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rishmanabroad OP   Man 18 weeks ago

Dublin/Belfast

It strikes me that, while prolonged pre-meet online interactions can be really helpful to establish a connection, they can also create unrealistic expectations and a false sense of intimacy (that doesn’t necessarily translate into a real life intimacy). Sometimes it seems the longer you chat the further things move away from reality… So, in your experience, is it better to move to social meet within a reasonable timeframe to check if its real or can prolonged online chat work well done right?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan 18 weeks ago

Belfast

There's no one size fits all.

What works for me won't necessarily work for someone else.

A conversation between person A and person B could move at a completely different pace to one between A and C so one month could be the equivalent of a week with someone else.

I don't expect to meet everyone I chat to.

I don't expect to have sex with everyone I meet so intimacy in conversation is irrelevant.

By *chochamberWoman 18 weeks ago

Limerick

Meet in person ASAP, you can flirt with a picture forever, and then meet and be like....... Eh, no thanks.

Orrrr you can be luke warm, meet for a coffee and then a drink or something more intimate and be like, hell yay, let's do this.

Person to person, it has to be done

By *aelegoMan 18 weeks ago

Limerick

"Meet in person ASAP, you can flirt with a picture forever, and then meet and be like....... Eh, no thanks.

Orrrr you can be luke warm, meet for a coffee and then a drink or something more intimate and be like, hell yay, let's do this.

"

Does meeting randomly at a social count?

By *ilthyNightsCouple 18 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

We don't really actively engage (answer messages etc) unless we are actively looking, so the prolonged text chitchat doesn't often happen. Once a "maybe" is found then a quick social is a lot more efficient than text ping ping.

By *rown PrismWoman 18 weeks ago

Dublin

Definitely, the sooner the better, conversations that go on forever usually end in failure, The initial excitement fades and passes over time

By *enelopexxxxWoman 18 weeks ago

Belfast

In my experience going with momentum and meeting quickly (socially) once a connection has been established has been most effective for me. Prolonged chats are exactly that, drawn out and usually involves people who enjoy the attention but with no intention to follow through.

By *enelopexxxxWoman 18 weeks ago

Belfast

"Definitely, the sooner the better, conversations that go on forever usually end in failure, The initial excitement fades and passes over time"

100%

By *astelloWoman 18 weeks ago

Far far away

I like to meet sooner rather than later. Cos the build can invariably lead to dissapointment if it lingers too long. A coffee is my usual litmus test of" no likey no lightee.".

By *ipstick KissesWoman 18 weeks ago

South Down

It depends. Recently I've had neither the time, energy, nor the inclination for prolonged chats, and if I were currently meeting, I'd be more in favour of moving to a social meet sooner rather than later

Limerick

"Meet in person ASAP, you can flirt with a picture forever, and then meet and be like....... Eh, no thanks.

Does meeting randomly at a social count?"

Yes!

By *s LollyWoman 18 weeks ago

The pub then supermacs ...

Id rather meet up sooner than later if possible, i loss interest rather quickly othwise ....

By *rRiosMan 18 weeks ago

dublin

" text ping ping."

Double texting is a red flag for some

Limerick

[Removed by poster at 24/05/24 17:30:28]

Limerick

Text pong pong, grates on me too.

By *ustBoWoman 18 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

When I am meeting I tend to chat for a while before I meet someone. I went against this and met someone within two days of chatting, and it turned out to be the worst and scariest social meet I've had. So never again will I meet that quickly off here.

I prefer to chat for a while and get to know someone plus I find they can't keep up a facade for too long if we chat for a bit.

By *exyScientistsCouple 18 weeks ago

Castlebar

I love to build a connection and banter but after a while that gets frustrating...

Also agree that flirty messages don't always translate into chemistry and sometimes spontaneous meets with no messages result in a hot sexual connection.

By *ensualnFunCouple 18 weeks ago

Midlands

"

Agree 100%

By *rokenAngelandTheDivilCouple 18 weeks ago

Near By

Some of my best meets have been with those who i had chatted for ages with before we finally got around to meeting in person due to one thing or the other getting in the way! Was chatting to himself for about year before we eventually got around to meeting! Angel

» Add a new message to this topic