FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Natural beauty

Natural beauty

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astello OP   Woman 36 weeks ago

Far far away

Just watching Love Island and it got thinking.

Natural beauty does it get a chance to shine through. Is it an expectation to enhance or perfect each aspect of physical features through aesthetics or surgery.

Have we become homogeneous in our look both females and males.

Is the eye of perfection taking away from natural beauty.

Aware lots of questions here. Not casting judgement on anyones decisions merely seeking thoughts on the matter.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *traight sligoguy67Man 36 weeks ago

sligo

Honestly and not just saying this..but I think some of my girl friends ,as un friends not ex,s...

Look far better and more attractive without being dolled up to the 9,s with makeup etc.

Far far away

It depends doesn't it. I think we want to fade out some of our uniqueness. Every boy/ girl wants to look like each other.

Natural beauty is a rare find but amazing to see.

By *elfastDMan 36 weeks ago

belfast

I may be showing my age here, but I really don’t get why all the young ones (appreciate that’s most of the population now ) are fascinated with the fake look!

I’m a bid fan of the natural look.

It’s so much more satisfying when you wake up in the morning and they look even better with that just out of bed look

sligo

Ya between magazines and tv years ago before the Internet, the perfect zero craze and now the Internet I suppose there's a bit of pressure on both sexes even though we may not realise it.

A woman all dolled up is great of course,and I'm sure women like to see men dressed up,but personally for me there's something very attractive about a woman when they're in their "normal " clothes, or even on the couch in the pj,s

sligo

"I may be showing my age here, but I really don’t get why all the young ones (appreciate that’s most of the population now ) are fascinated with the fake look!

I’m a bid fan of the natural look.

It’s so much more satisfying when you wake up in the morning and they look even better with that just out of bed look "

This man speaks the truth.

Far far away

Of course we all want to look our best. I wear a suit and makeup every day but l actually love just going bare, hey every wrinkle tells a story or every freckle comes through..

Bare could be interpreted many ways.. Just realised...

By *ickin2Man 36 weeks ago

Kilkenny

Bare is beautiful

Bare is natural

Bare is honest

No crap attached to Bare

By *antas_number_one_elfWoman 36 weeks ago

dublin

Natural beauty is everywhere. Beauty is subjective. Everyone has something to offer in their own right. There’s a lot of beauty in imperfection, just as much as there is in perfection.

People hating on others because they have had work done or they’ve had injectables or their lashes done or their makeup is too much lalala comes from deep seated insecurities they have themselves. Tear them down before they reject you. Who cares whether or not a stranger finds you attractive? It’s all about how you feel in yourself. In my opinion of course haha

By *adger BrocMan 36 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"Of course we all want to look our best. I wear a suit and makeup every day but l actually love just going bare, hey every wrinkle tells a story or every freckle comes through..

Bare could be interpreted many ways.. Just realised... "

The naked truth is I can certainly bear the thought of you being bare but perhaps clutching a bear which barely covers that which is left to the imagination.

Now bareback is a totally different story, where certain things are left uncovered.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

The basic underlying fact is beauty is a business and that it’s all just a sales push. Be it love island or some instagram post.

And now for the controversial bit and the generalisation but I think women treat other women so badly in terms of judging each other clothes make up etc as a middle aged man (assuming I live to 94) I couldn’t care less what brand it is. Beauty is a very personal preference. Real beauty is the type of person you are not some Barbie doll look.

By *aseylee324Couple 36 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

Eh, I'm just too lazy for all that palaver with make-up, besides which I'm no beauty, no point expecting miracles. Fair play to those who spend hours honing their skills at it. Each to their own

By *ilthyNightsCouple 36 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Obviously "that" look you are talking about is really popular with the the young people, but I can't help thinking it's incredibly time consuming and expensive to maintain, which sounds so stressful! I personally don't find it attractive but then I'm not the target market. I would like to think I can bring my daughter up to know her natural worth and not need to surgically augment and cover her natural self

I am always attracted to ladies that not wear to much makeup...just little lipstick few bits here and there. As of physical aspects I think good looking woman or man is always attractive especially that this shows how hard they can work and how stubborn they are in their decisions. I even go further and I am mostly like to do business with someone good looking better then bad looking

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 36 weeks ago

The West

Like, there is getting dolled up and then there is the Chav Love Island dolled up.

I cannot understand how any woman aspires to this cheap look.

Woman are constantly targetted by marketing, the whole look is built around selling women things they don't need...add this, inject that, stick this on here etc.

By *aolMMan 36 weeks ago

Galway

Eye candy is just that, it might get a look but true attraction for me starts when you start communicating.

Ever speak to a gorgeous guy/gal who's a complete arse? Ever find yourself talking to a person and saying to yourself..he/she is really sexy.. looks have little to do with it in my opinion. But not everyone wants that. Lots of men/women want the 'normal'person sat next to them.

Be weird folks. It's WAY more attractive. Normal is everywhere

By *ipstick KissesWoman 36 weeks ago

South Down

I have lots of thoughts on this but it's too early in the morning for me to present them coherently, so apologies in advance.

I have my hair coloured and highlighted, I get my nails done, I wear tan, I own an obscene amount of strip lashes, I do my brows and deal with facial hair and body hair, and I'm OBSESSED with makeup and skincare and have been as long as I can remember. I absolutely would have a bit of aesthetic work if I could afford it. These things make ME happy. That said, I don't wear makeup daily, far from it.

I think there's more relentless pressure to be "perfect" these days due to exposure to social media.

I think many people who claim to prefer natural, actually prefer a stereotypical idea of natural, and what some people perceive as natural beauty is not always as natural as they might think.

Lastly, people have followed trends since time immemorial.

By *chochamberWoman 36 weeks ago

Limerick

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyone can be groomed and try to be healthy and active, to maintain physical and mental wellbeing.

Attractiveness equates a lot with health (my subjective viewpoint).

By *aseylee324Couple 36 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Anyone can be groomed and try to be healthy and active, to maintain physical and mental wellbeing.

Attractiveness equates a lot with health (my subjective viewpoint). "

I would agree, along with character and personality

By *ACOLCouple 36 weeks ago

limerick

I must say I totally agree, but starts from when we are young, it is engraved in our brains what beauty is meant to look like, and what standards men prefer the women and what to do to be likeable.

I think in Ireland is still OK ish, but in South America the girls from as young as 15 start modifying by doing operations from that age, as they want their body to look like everyone else.

Worse when you immigrate to another country and everyone expects you to look like that!

Personally I prefer to not follow those trends...

Lina.

By *ilderMan 36 weeks ago

dublin

I'm 100% me, just sayin...

By *affa31Woman 36 weeks ago

Galway

"I think many people who claim to prefer natural, actually prefer a stereotypical idea of natural, and what some people perceive as natural beauty is not always as natural as they might think.

"

This exactly. What some people perceive as fresh faced and natural, has actually taken time and more makeup than they think.

As a woman, it’s a catch 22. You have people saying I like the natural look but when you don’t wear any makeup, they ask are you sick

If we’re talking fillers etc, I agree that the badly or over done jobs are not great. However, the best cosmetic work is the one that you’d never know someone had done unless you compared older pictures!

By *electableicecreamMan 36 weeks ago

The West

I see beauty in health and joy and softness and kindness and so many other things.

Our outward presentations are personal choices and those that are seeing our real beauty are looking past that.

What's the difference between a beautiful flower and a beautiful runway model?

Beauty only exists because of our response to it. It doesn't matter if it's aspirational or inspirational. True beauty, and it's art, lifts us up.

By *oghunter33Woman 36 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

Has anyone seen that AI pic of "Friends" how they would look like if aired today?

Here's the link

https://images.app.goo.gl/ESqSnHh8AEcr7VS17

I know it's just a mock-up, but it quite hits the point. It's like individuality has been sucked out of what was once a unique person in regards of looks.

It's not for me, but as they say each on their own, and like with every fashion style, it will pass by.

By *ealitybitesMan 36 weeks ago

Belfast

I always find it funny that so many people on fab claim to be unique individuals but photo filters make them all look like clones.

It's often said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder so therefore beauty is subjective.

So is the word "natural".

What is natural to one could be unnatural to others.

By *ACOLCouple 36 weeks ago

limerick

"Has anyone seen that AI pic of "Friends" how they would look like if aired today?

Here's the link

https://images.app.goo.gl/ESqSnHh8AEcr7VS17

I know it's just a mock-up, but it quite hits the point. It's like individuality has been sucked out of what was once a unique person in regards of looks.

It's not for me, but as they say each on their own, and like with every fashion style, it will pass by. "

Wow!!! That is crazy, looks like any other tv reality show at present.

Lina.

By *ork112Man 36 weeks ago

city

Love a woman who don't go over the top and don't show off to much. Love thinking to myself my god I be she's unreal underneath them clothes

By *affa31Woman 36 weeks ago

Galway

The regular appearance of highly filtered pics in the hot pics would suggest that a significant amount of people like that look…

At the end of the day, most women wear make up etc for themselves, not to impress other people. As long as you’re happy with how you like, who cares what other people think.

By *ork112Man 36 weeks ago

city

"The regular appearance of highly filtered pics in the hot pics would suggest that a significant amount of people like that look…

At the end of the day, most women wear make up etc for themselves, not to impress other people. As long as you’re happy with how you like, who cares what other people think. "

That is very true once your happy who cares wat people think I always suffered with worrying about wat people taught about me. But I changed that outlook on life and if u dont like me then that's no weight on my shoulders

". As long as you’re happy with how you like, who cares what other people think. "

This is so important especially when the internal voice is very critical. However the unrealistic portrayal of beauty as per instagram etc is so unhealthy and is damaging people, physically in trying to attain it and also mentally.

» Add a new message to this topic