FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Coco Law

Coco Law

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *astello OP   Woman 36 weeks ago

Far far away

Very powerful documentary on cyber bullying tonight on tv.

Incredible to note how legislation is so slow to be enacted to protect people.

Fair dues to her to push for change. Lets hope the EU brings in the legislation.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

"Very powerful documentary on cyber bullying tonight on tv.

Fair dues to her to push for change. Lets hope the EU brings in the legislation. "

I watched it .. good on her pushing for changes .. I think we all know someone who suffered from bulling

By *mmortalbMan 36 weeks ago

kildare

Needs to happen. Problem is Irish law you can prosecute a minor, which cause alot of online bullying, like recording fights and posting it. And after 18 I think, the record is wiped. Alot is down to parenting too, but a slap in the head sorted is out hahaha. I remember being bullied as a kid and I couldn't do that to somebody else. A joke can destroy people if their the butt of it. Hopefully the world becomes better, but sadly watching everything the way it is, more America, it looks like it's getting worse.

By *ipmannMan 36 weeks ago

Cahir

"Very powerful documentary on cyber bullying tonight on tv.

Fair dues to her to push for change. Lets hope the EU brings in the legislation. "

EU to introduce legislation this year..

By *traight sligoguy67Man 36 weeks ago

sligo

Ya,and unfortunately the Internet is a faceless bully's paradise

I was relentlessly bullied in secondary school to the point I attempted suicide. Very nearly succeeded, I thank my stars I didn't. When I came round the only one in the room was my sister, she had sent everyone else away. She got out of me what was happening, when I went back to school she and her friends were waiting outside the school, it started again the minute I was punched she and her friends came along and wiped the floor with them. Never had a problem again. It's actually telling someone what's going on that is so hard, you feel embarrassed and weak, when in reality it takes such strength and courage to ask for help.

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan 36 weeks ago

Midlands

Very moving documentary. Terrible stuff. Also the extra frustration and pig headedness to ignite change. Fair play to her she relentlessly highlighted and embarrassed the powers to be for change. A couple things that struck me :

1) cocos bullies got away as no law at the time.

2) no mention of co cos dad - even to help with campaign etc.

3) that minister said the new law couldn’t go into Cocos name as this was impossible but when she had a meeting with her and drove her point home and all of a sudden it could be called cocos law.

4) The mother’s strength being shy before to standing up and doing public speaking for change. Super strength!

5) the mothers friend - helping her to grieve and find her passion - photography.

By *otownkid1967Man 36 weeks ago

Portlaoise

Very moving and at times disturbing programme. As someone who doesn't use social media, I wasn't aware of how poisonous some people are to others through these apps.

I watched this last night. It was incredibly moving. What an amazing woman.

By *panishRebelMan 36 weeks ago

Alicante Spain, and Cork City Ireland

Didn't know about this docu

Gonna put it on my watch list now after the above comments.

Thanks.

» Add a new message to this topic