FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Do nice guys finish last?

Do nice guys finish last?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man 37 weeks ago

Maynooth

Hi all. This isn't one of those self pitying rants that some like to go on. I'm just curious really about other people's e_perience.

Is it the norm here that the cocky, self confident guys with the gift of the gap tend to be given more of a chance by women when it comes to deciding if they are worth a woman investing her time in him. Do the polite, mannered guys seem boring by comparison? I realise that first impressions count for a lot, etc and I understand that there is no obligation on anyone to respond to a message. I'm just wondering what makes a guy look more interesting in your eyes.

I see some women claim to be sapiophiles but also say to be entertaining in your message to get their attention. That's not always possible. Really intelligent people often tend toward being a little bit shyer. I'm rambling now, I'll stop.

I really would just love to hear what other people's e_periences have been around this type of thing. Sapiophiles, do you struggle to find intelligence and sexiness?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *perienceMan 37 weeks ago

Cavan

I'd assume that's the case on here just as it is in day to day life.

By *ealitybitesMan 37 weeks ago

Belfast

I don't have the gift of the gab. I don't go out of my way to start conversations in social situations and while I'm confident in my own skin I'm a million miles away from being cocky or bigging myself up but I've never had an issue meeting and chatting to people on here despite all that.

My criteria for choosing who to chat to is that as soon as they describe themselves as nice or kind or genuine or whip out an ism or a phile I'll thank them for their time and move along.

I have a couple of pics on my profile with books in them and a woman once got in touch to say she was really turned on knowing I was a fellow sapiophile.

After I nipped off to Google wtaf one of those was if I was writing home to me granny I let her down gently.

There are lots of words and phrases used on bios and on the forums that sound great but the people using them don't have a clue what they mean.

Age, height cock size and degrees of intelligence are always used as excuses by people struggling to get meets as are the old faithfuls of "am I too nice/kind/genuine?"

The truth is often that if you have to remind people that you are one of other of the above you must be projecting an entirely different image.

I think I'm a nice guy but actions will always speak louder than words so a much shorter answer to the question is no they don't.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 37 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Nice guys seem to do pretty well here as long as they have a bit of confidence about them. It's hard to get into a swinging situation with someone who doesn't believe in themselves. Going over the line into cockiness isn't very attractive though.

By *aseylee324Couple 37 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

"Nice guys seem to do pretty well here as long as they have a bit of confidence about them. It's hard to get into a swinging situation with someone who doesn't believe in themselves. Going over the line into cockiness isn't very attractive though."

Exactly, and self-proclaimed "nice guys" frequently assume a veneer of "manners" entitles them to something, decline and you see a very different side.

By *affa31Woman 37 weeks ago

Galway

"Nice guys seem to do pretty well here as long as they have a bit of confidence about them. It's hard to get into a swinging situation with someone who doesn't believe in themselves. Going over the line into cockiness isn't very attractive though.

Exactly, and self-proclaimed "nice guys" frequently assume a veneer of "manners" entitles them to something, decline and you see a very different side."

This exactly

Also, sickly sweet niceness brews distrust in me.

By *osyRedLipsWoman 37 weeks ago

Kildare

From my e_perience on Fab the guys that keep going on about being nice guys usually aren't that nice

By *ilthyNightsCouple 37 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Unfortunately many times guys going on about how girls don't like nice guys are usually incel-types and there is an undertone of threat / menace. I'm not saying that's you OP, it's just a patter I've noticed.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

Looks like green day were right lol

By *ourBoiiMan 37 weeks ago

Dublin

"Unfortunately many times guys going on about how girls don't like nice guys are usually incel-types and there is an undertone of threat / menace. I'm not saying that's you OP, it's just a patter I've noticed."

I didn't want to bring up the i-word but I am glad someone didn

By *elle111Woman 37 weeks ago

NI

Horses for courses here, some like them cocky some like them quiet, some like bad boys some like gents, some like classy some like throw me around rough. I’m an eye contact girl then I decide so usually at socials or parties is where I connect and any of the above could be it depending on the moment!

By *electableicecreamMan 37 weeks ago

The West

Nice is pretty subjective and probably everyone thinks they are nice to some degree.

Assuming then that everyone in a room is nice, what your asking is how do women decide who to pair with and if confidence is more attractive than shyness.

The answer is always going to be that the shy will probably have less opportunity in that room.

The real question is, why would you be in that room if you were shy and concerned about being overshadowed by guys who are more confident, funnier or just louder.

Would you rather covet a woman who likes men that are the opposite of you or would you rather find a woman who appreciates you for you?

Fab is pretty Darwinian environment and not for the faint of heart. That doesn't preclude some measure of success but I think if you don't understand yourself, don't really know what you want and don't have a plan to get it then Fab is probably not the place to be.

By *rialbyfire1235Man 37 weeks ago

South KK

If you ask 100 drivers how they rate themselves as drivers, the majority will say that they are ‘average’ or ‘above average’. It’s statistically impossible but they genuinely believe it.

I think it’s the same with being ‘nice’. It’s completely subjective and the majority think that they are nice.

What is ‘nice’ to me could be the last thing someone else is interested in.

I’m brand new to Fab and I know it’ll take a long time to meet someone on here and I’m fine with that. I knew that when I joined up.

By *hoenixagamTV/TS 37 weeks ago

Rural

Nice guys, white Knights and creepy simps don't do it for me.

I just like honesty and subtle compliments and straight to the point without faffing around or being too intense

I suppose the fact I'm bisexual and occasional cross dresser I know how guys think and can quantify their next move.

If U smell a rat I loose interest quite rapidly

They rarely read the profiles either

By *itlbeeCouple 37 weeks ago

Ireland

Women are going to be the authority.on this. If your a single man complaining that your success here is because you're "too nice" you're obviously going to be incredibly biased.

MOST single men don't do well on here, whether they or cocky or shy. There is simply too many of them and too few women.

MOST of the women I know have plenty of stories of cocky or pushy guys, that all end in them not getting a second date, getting blocked, or even getting banned from play parties.

Just recently at a party a guy was way too persistent with my friend, and it really turned her "maybe later" into a hard no. I've seen this happen multiple times.

Every lad who makes a name for himself among the single ladies is known for being respectful.

Sure, it's not the only thing that matters, But it 100% matters.

For me, pushyness is a huge turn off, the men I have really liked have always seemed chill about whether we play or not, and genuinely seemed to enjoy talking to me.

i would consider all my regulars to be sweet, considerate people. None of them arrogant or cocky.

By *ickin2Man 37 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"Women are going to be the authority.on this. If your a single man complaining that your success here is because you're "too nice" you're obviously going to be incredibly biased.

MOST single men don't do well on here, whether they or cocky or shy. There is simply too many of them and too few women.

MOST of the women I know have plenty of stories of cocky or pushy guys, that all end in them not getting a second date, getting blocked, or even getting banned from play parties.

Just recently at a party a guy was way too persistent with my friend, and it really turned her "maybe later" into a hard no. I've seen this happen multiple times.

Every lad who makes a name for himself among the single ladies is known for being respectful.

Sure, it's not the only thing that matters, But it 100% matters.

For me, pushyness is a huge turn off, the men I have really liked have always seemed chill about whether we play or not, and genuinely seemed to enjoy talking to me.

i would consider all my regulars to be sweet, considerate people. None of them arrogant or cocky.

"

Smashing read. Beautiful honest post

By *heCatWhoGotTheCream2024Man 37 weeks ago

Funville

Sure it's just manners to finish last, it means you have been super attentive and looked after the needs of someone else..

My motto has always been, if I've finished last, then it's a sign of a great session had

By *kinnyDippersCouple 37 weeks ago

Dublin

Do nice guys finish last ? We would say that being nice had very little to do with your sexual stamina so we dont see the connection between being nice and being gone in 60 seconds

Maynooth

"I don't have the gift of the gab. I don't go out of my way to start conversations in social situations and while I'm confident in my own skin I'm a million miles away from being cocky or bigging myself up but I've never had an issue meeting and chatting to people on here despite all that.

My criteria for choosing who to chat to is that as soon as they describe themselves as nice or kind or genuine or whip out an ism or a phile I'll thank them for their time and move along.

I have a couple of pics on my profile with books in them and a woman once got in touch to say she was really turned on knowing I was a fellow sapiophile.

After I nipped off to Google wtaf one of those was if I was writing home to me granny I let her down gently.

There are lots of words and phrases used on bios and on the forums that sound great but the people using them don't have a clue what they mean.

Age, height cock size and degrees of intelligence are always used as excuses by people struggling to get meets as are the old faithfuls of "am I too nice/kind/genuine?"

The truth is often that if you have to remind people that you are one of other of the above you must be projecting an entirely different image.

I think I'm a nice guy but actions will always speak louder than words so a much shorter answer to the question is no they don't. "

I don't always agree with some of your comments butthis is the first time I feel compelled to compliment you on one. You speak a lot of sense on this and thanks for contributing.

Maynooth

"From my e_perience on Fab the guys that keep going on about being nice guys usually aren't that nice "

That's unfortunate. Does it mean that you're suspicious of someone who is polite and makes an effort to talk with his big words?

Maynooth

"Unfortunately many times guys going on about how girls don't like nice guys are usually incel-types and there is an undertone of threat / menace. I'm not saying that's you OP, it's just a patter I've noticed."

No offence taken at all. I'm looking to hear other people's e_periences. This wasn't me having a petulant rant.

Maynooth

"Horses for courses here, some like them cocky some like them quiet, some like bad boys some like gents, some like classy some like throw me around rough. I’m an eye contact girl then I decide so usually at socials or parties is where I connect and any of the above could be it depending on the moment! "

I like your style

By *ustBoWoman 37 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"From my e_perience on Fab the guys that keep going on about being nice guys usually aren't that nice "

Yep this has been my e_perience as well on here.

By *ubadubdubWoman 37 weeks ago

Hereabouts

Well Don, sounds like you've been trawling the profiles looking to solve the age old conundrum of what women want.

And possibly finding it's a waste of time. Cos we aren't all the same!!

The only probable commonality is respect. After that it's an individual decision. Lots of nice fellas on here doing very well I'm sure

By *ourBoiiMan 37 weeks ago

Dublin

"Well Don, sounds like you've been trawling the profiles looking to solve the age old conundrum of what women want.

And possibly finding it's a waste of time. Cos we aren't all the same!!

The only probable commonality is respect. After that it's an individual decision. Lots of nice fellas on here doing very well I'm sure "

Literally mind blowing facts , well said

By *adger BrocMan 37 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"Nice is pretty subjective and probably everyone thinks they are nice to some degree.

Assuming then that everyone in a room is nice, what your asking is how do women decide who to pair with and if confidence is more attractive than shyness.

The answer is always going to be that the shy will probably have less opportunity in that room.

The real question is, why would you be in that room if you were shy and concerned about being overshadowed by guys who are more confident, funnier or just louder.

Would you rather covet a woman who likes men that are the opposite of you or would you rather find a woman who appreciates you for you?

Fab is pretty Darwinian environment and not for the faint of heart. That doesn't preclude some measure of success but I think if you don't understand yourself, don't really know what you want and don't have a plan to get it then Fab is probably not the place to be."

This

By *astelloWoman 37 weeks ago

Far far away

Women are from Mars, Men are from Venus..

Exactly.. No..

Cos we're all different. And cannot fit into the stereotype that makes us fit into Venus/Mars paradigm. To behave in a certain way.

Does certain characteristics appeal to me personally in chosing friends, lovers and life partners.

Has these changed over my lifetime too. It has.

I dont believe that there is a secret sauce to meet a women on here. Its very much individualistic.

By *hiteKniteMan 37 weeks ago

Nearby

Heeeeey what’s wrong with white knights?!

By *unflowerWoman 37 weeks ago

Dublin

You should be confident and cute to get a response. Unfortunately that’s the reality.

People are here for sexual attraction, so you can be extremely nice, but if a woman doesn’t like your appearance there’s nothing you could do about it. Just have some dignity, wish her luck and move on.

I judge if a guy is nice on his behavior, his actions, not his words.

Get some nice photos, trust in yourself and be ready to get rejected. It’s not about you, it’s about their preferences

Not by my rules

By * la carteCouple 37 weeks ago

Dublin

"Hi all. This isn't one of those self pitying rants that some like to go on. I'm just curious really about other people's e_perience.

Is it the norm here that the cocky, self confident guys with the gift of the gap tend to be given more of a chance by women when it comes to deciding if they are worth a woman investing her time in him. Do the polite, mannered guys seem boring by comparison? I realise that first impressions count for a lot, etc and I understand that there is no obligation on anyone to respond to a message. I'm just wondering what makes a guy look more interesting in your eyes.

I see some women claim to be sapiophiles but also say to be entertaining in your message to get their attention. That's not always possible. Really intelligent people often tend toward being a little bit shyer. I'm rambling now, I'll stop.

I really would just love to hear what other people's e_periences have been around this type of thing. Sapiophiles, do you struggle to find intelligence and sexiness? "

Really intelligent people are shyer?

I feel there's a number of clichés in your statement.

I think it really is about whether you "click" with someone or not.

There's something very attractive about a polite and well mannered man with just the right amount of cockiness, self confidence and a certain intelligence - there are more ways of expressing intelligence than just IQ. For me, a matching sense of humour is high on the list too.

If you're talking about catching a woman's interest on Fab through message, then the profile is your shop window. A lot of women here, I believe, look for a bit of originality and humour as well as consistency - and those threads are done to death here.

The reality is, that only a meeting in person will ever give a decisive answer to compatibility.

The ratio of men to women here, will always leave a few fellas behind - even though there are probably absolute gems hidden there.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man 37 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin

I think niceness is a fantastic quality in a grandparent not necessarily a sexual partner.

If niceness is the only thing you’ve got about you then you probably need to have a word with yourself

Maynooth

"I think niceness is a fantastic quality in a grandparent not necessarily a sexual partner.

If niceness is the only thing you’ve got about you then you probably need to have a word with yourself"

Lol, says the guy who sticks his Mickley in the narrow end of the rugby ball.

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man 37 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin

"I think niceness is a fantastic quality in a grandparent not necessarily a sexual partner.

If niceness is the only thing you’ve got about you then you probably need to have a word with yourself

Lol, says the guy who sticks his Mickley in the narrow end of the rugby ball. "

You’ve misspelt Mickey

Yes if you mean a man who is suppressing his true needs, desires, and opinions, to gain validation from others. The adjective nice could be replaced with weak.

By *antra MassageMan 37 weeks ago

Wicklow

You just need " the hands of a god", it seems.

But how do they find out?. I suppose, knowing what I don't want, a well composed profile, a few well taken pics, and putting an honest front out there in the swinger community, on the forum or at socials. And it's not all about sex. It's a community of average people, with average lives, some are nice, some are not. Let yourself be found. If you're good enough, I guarantee someone will find you attractive and interesting, whether for a coffee, a ONS, or a relationship.

By *affa31Woman 37 weeks ago

Galway

Just as a note, we notice if guys are sycophantic to women they are attracted to but are dicks to those they don’t want to fuck.

Peoples true colours come to light very quickly and most of us have well developed radars for “nice” men.

By *easingTimMan 37 weeks ago

Loughlinstown

The original meaning of the word "nice" is stupid, foolish or ignorant, so who really wants to be a nice guy to begin with? Of course, it pays to be polite but it's also appealing to be cheeky, playful, have an opinion of your own and not take any nonsense too, so better to be a "Good guy" than a "nice" one

Best remember after a night out "nice guys" don't finish last

...they just finish themselves off

By *osyRedLipsWoman 37 weeks ago

Kildare

"Just as a note, we notice if guys are sycophantic to women they are attracted to but are dicks to those they don’t want to fuck.

Peoples true colours come to light very quickly and most of us have well developed radars for “nice” men. "

Women are like elephants we don't forget. We remember mens previous comments. Had one guy couple of years ago on the forums say some horrible things to me. Recently slide in to my in box with his I'm a nice guy routine. When I reminded him what he said he was like oh thought you might have forget

By *electableicecreamMan 37 weeks ago

The West

The real takeaway from this thread is that nice guys shouldn't call women elephants.

By *rishmanabroadMan 37 weeks ago

Dublin/Belfast

"Hi all. This isn't one of those self pitying rants that some like to go on. I'm just curious really about other people's e_perience.

I really would just love to hear what other people's e_periences have been around this type of thing. Sapiophiles, do you struggle to find intelligence and sexiness?

Really intelligent people are shyer?

I feel there's a number of clichés in your statement.

I think it really is about whether you "click" with someone or not.

There's something very attractive about a polite and well mannered man with just the right amount of cockiness, self confidence and a certain intelligence - there are more ways of expressing intelligence than just IQ. For me, a matching sense of humour is high on the list too.

If you're talking about catching a woman's interest on Fab through message, then the profile is your shop window. A lot of women here, I believe, look for a bit of originality and humour as well as consistency - and those threads are done to death here.

The reality is, that only a meeting in person will ever give a decisive answer to compatibility.

The ratio of men to women here, will always leave a few fellas behind - even though there are probably absolute gems hidden there.

"

Agree very much with this, particularly in relation the question of intelligence and a female identifying as being a sapiophile. For me, what’s being pointed to here is more about emotional/social intelligence than IQ. This is a very important distinction. Surprise, originality and ‘standing out’ are key in this because it’s about demonstrating that you can navigate interpersonal complexity and guide the action/interactions in exciting, expected ways. These are rare enough skills in real life, let alone here, and near impossible to teach. They can only be learned by cultivating self awareness and situational attunement, which in and of themselves are often very attractive qualities.

Emotionally intelligent niceness is a world away from cockiness and niceness on its own isn’t necessarily socially intelligent.

By *oghunter33Woman 37 weeks ago

on the hill NordWest of

Seriously I wouldn't fuck a guy who describes himself as a nice man.

Confidence is key.

By *heCatWhoGotTheCream2024Man 37 weeks ago

Funville

"Seriously I wouldn't fuck a guy who describes himself as a nice man.

Confidence is key. "

What if they were a nice man but also had confidence in how to be not so nice when the situation required it?

I think you can be nice and yet also confident at the same time as not mutually exclusive

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man 36 weeks ago

Maynooth

Lol, says the guy who sticks his Mickley in the narrow end of the rugby ball.

You’ve misspelt Mickey"

I spelt it exactly as I intended to

By *on Draper2.0 OP   Man 36 weeks ago

Maynooth

"Just as a note, we notice if guys are sycophantic to women they are attracted to but are dicks to those they don’t want to fuck.

Peoples true colours come to light very quickly and most of us have well developed radars for “nice” men. "

Best comment I've read on this subject.

» Add a new message to this topic