FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > ENM - fact or fiction

ENM - fact or fiction

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uckypuppy007 OP   Woman 38 weeks ago

dublin

ENM (ethical non monogamy) an unrealist cerebral aspiration or an actual equal partner lifestyle choice based on trust honesty and openness?

Please discuss ... curious to know if there are any people who think it could work.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rRiosMan 38 weeks ago

dublin

Everyone is going to be different and there are going to be different boundaries for each person/couple. Difficult to navigate I imagine, but if you can make it work more power to you

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man 38 weeks ago

City Centre, Dublin

"ENM (ethical non monogamy) an unrealist cerebral aspiration or an actual equal partner lifestyle choice based on trust honesty and openness?

Please discuss ... curious to know if there are any people who think it could work.

"

A lot of folk on a past tense of feel app, in fact nearly all are ENM

Seems to be a real trend amongst the tech, leftist, non binary, queer, genderqueer, pansexual, neuro spicy, alternative hard left, culture war, word bingo crowd

(Their own descriptions of themselves, not mine)

So could be a fad, could be a bit of signalling, could be a phase of life thing, I’m not entirely sure

By *he FirefliesCouple 38 weeks ago

Dunleer

Hey.

Yes it works perfectly for us.

However, the number one rule is absolute honesty in all situations.

Once there is honesty you have nothing to hide.

It is a lot of fun for us but at the end of the day we love eachother and nobody could change that.

By *electableicecreamMan 38 weeks ago

The West

Swinging is ENM...

By *adger BrocMan 38 weeks ago

Co. Cork

NENM (non ethical non monogamy) is probably a way more common phenomenon but is basically based on the same motivating factor...... a desire to experience sexual satisfaction with someone other than the person you are in a committed relationship with.

Yes, the element of non-consent makes NENM less acceptable by many in the lifestyle but is still very much just another side of the same coin.

By *uckypuppy007 OP   Woman 38 weeks ago

dublin

I'd agree with _adger broc, I'd say as a percentage on here is more nenm than enm but we're all on a spectrum of one form or another

By *inkpepperWoman 38 weeks ago

Dublin

My husband and I call what we do ENM. I enjoy being on fab in search of a FWB, while he prefers the other app hoping to find a gf, more of a polyamory situation. Total honesty helps it work, so far so good. There's a few books on it too

By *exydoctorsCouple 38 weeks ago

Galway/Clare

In my head, the equal partner lifestyle choice is more poly. Though most people I know who are 'poly' still have a hierarchy of some sort.

ENM covers all types of ethical non monogamy, which including swinging.

» Add a new message to this topic