FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Hiking group

Hiking group

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    46 weeks ago

Has there every been a fab hiking group for somewhere in Northern Ireland? Somewhere at like minded people can meet up fortnightly or monthly?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan 46 weeks ago

Belfast

Yes. It lasted 5 months and 5 walks with 20 on the first, 6 on the second, 4 on the third, 2 on the fourth and just the organiser on the last one.

50 people in the chat group, most of whom joined and left as soon as they were told they actually had to walk because they assumed it was code for orgies. Both men and women I hasten to add.

All sorts of drama and fallouts as a result as well as a number of injuries and hospital stays as a result of the too cool for school kids who didn't like taking advice.

By (user no longer on site) 46 weeks ago

"Yes. It lasted 5 months and 5 walks with 20 on the first, 6 on the second, 4 on the third, 2 on the fourth and just the organiser on the last one.

50 people in the chat group, most of whom joined and left as soon as they were told they actually had to walk because they assumed it was code for orgies. Both men and women I hasten to add.

All sorts of drama and fallouts as a result as well as a number of injuries and hospital stays as a result of the too cool for school kids who didn't like taking advice. "

Sounds like a nightmare!

By *ickin2Man 46 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"Yes. It lasted 5 months and 5 walks with 20 on the first, 6 on the second, 4 on the third, 2 on the fourth and just the organiser on the last one.

All sorts of drama and fallouts as a result as well as a number of injuries and hospital stays as a result of the too cool for school kids who didn't like taking advice. "

Can totally understand that

By *cl2010Couple 46 weeks ago

cork

Sounds like a great movie concept where the originator realises eventually that he was happier on his own in nature

By *adger BrocMan 46 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"Has there every been a fab hiking group for somewhere in Northern Ireland? Somewhere at like minded people can meet up fortnightly or monthly? "

Good to see the idea of hillwalking/hiking is catching on in different parts of the country. Lots of interest in my original thread and hoping to have a chat group set up soon.

Might even be an opportunity for combined group walking meets if a few groups get established in different areas.

Hillwalking/hiking could become a new form of Meet & Greet combining fresh air, light exercise and an opportunity to mingle and chat.

"Has there every been a fab hiking group for somewhere in Northern Ireland? Somewhere at like minded people can meet up fortnightly or monthly?

Good to see the idea of hillwalking/hiking is catching on in different parts of the country. Lots of interest in my original thread and hoping to have a chat group set up soon.

Might even be an opportunity for combined group walking meets if a few groups get established in different areas.

Hillwalking/hiking could become a new form of Meet & Greet combining fresh air, light exercise and an opportunity to mingle and chat.

"

I would be keen to join a hill walking group if there was one nearish me.

By *oxyvixen99Woman 46 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

I'd do it too so long as someone brought a defib!

Thanks for the reply, though it seems like a good idea going hillwalking does seem to have its pitfalls, maybe a meeting of minds is needed on the subject. Perhaps a change of tact and parks and other more scenic area would work better. Simply areas of natural beauty, like a walk along the beach etc would work out better.

Bit of a walk along the beach and afterwards off to the nearest cafe for a drink. Let’s face it there might be more takers for something like this and a few less injuries. It’s only an idea at this point.

By *otownkid1967Man 46 weeks ago

Portlaoise

"I'd do it too so long as someone brought a defib! "

Don't worry I'm a first responder. I'm sure I would get you going again in no time.

"I'd do it too so long as someone brought a defib! "

Something tells me foxy vixen there’d be plenty of willing volunteers to give you some mouth to mouth if it was needed.

Forgive me my ignorance on the subject but are there any areas of natural beauty near Belfast or Newtownabbey free to the public to go for a walk? More like flat land areas, that way you could build up to a more mountainous hike at a later stage. Maybe get a drink and a chat afterwards.

"Has there every been a fab hiking group for somewhere in Northern Ireland? Somewhere at like minded people can meet up fortnightly or monthly?

"

Did post to that thread myself, but in my case Corks a bit far away for me. I’d need a long weekend there, chance to take in the sites, something yet again that I’d have no clue about, never been to Cork.

Portlaoise

"Forgive me my ignorance on the subject but are there any areas of natural beauty near Belfast or Newtownabbey free to the public to go for a walk? More like flat land areas, that way you could build up to a more mountainous hike at a later stage. Maybe get a drink and a chat afterwards. "

Download all trails app. It gives you a range of walks all over country.

"Forgive me my ignorance on the subject but are there any areas of natural beauty near Belfast or Newtownabbey free to the public to go for a walk? More like flat land areas, that way you could build up to a more mountainous hike at a later stage. Maybe get a drink and a chat afterwards.

Download all trails app. It gives you a range of walks all over country."

Good piece of advice, must look in up, thanks.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 46 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Injuries and hospital stays!!! OMG

By *ural delightMan 46 weeks ago

Enniskillen

I'd be interested in this.

By *ffairofthemindMan 46 weeks ago

DC

Amazing how far you'd walk following a fine female ass in front of you. I'm in! Donegal or the Sperrins most suitable for me if it gets going up here

"I'd be interested in this. "

Where is there to walk in Enniskillen?

By *lassy lady 216Woman 46 weeks ago

Craigavon

Plenty of places around Belfast and surrounding area you have ormeau pk Malone pk botanic gardens Colin glen in Lisburn you have Wallace pk then Futher afield you have castlewellan forest pk and tollymore

"Plenty of places around Belfast and surrounding area you have ormeau pk Malone pk botanic gardens Colin glen in Lisburn you have Wallace pk then Futher afield you have castlewellan forest pk and tollymore "

Thanks for the info Classy lady.

By *anther PurrrsWoman 46 weeks ago

the Shadows Purrring or Roaring

Super idea OP.

By *ural delightMan 46 weeks ago

Enniskillen

"I'd be interested in this.

Where is there to walk in Enniskillen? "

Few local forestry and Lakeland walks about the area

By *haggyherhimCouple 46 weeks ago

Longford

A northern group cud suit us .. we love the outdoors .. and of course hillwalking ..

Co. Cork

Great if a few different groups were started in different locations.

Portlaoise

Maybe a group in each province with the opportunity to go on other walks with the other groups.

Co. Cork

Slight stumble, pun intended, in setting up the chat group.

Hope to be back on track shortly.

"Maybe a group in each province with the opportunity to go on other walks with the other groups."

We should start our own walking group in portlaoise

By *ickin2Man 46 weeks ago

Kilkenny

"Maybe a group in each province with the opportunity to go on other walks with the other groups.

We should start our own walking group in portlaoise "

Good central location

Co. Cork

"Maybe a group in each province with the opportunity to go on other walks with the other groups.

I will be there next week. Happy to chat with anyone who might be interested in getting a walking group going in the midlands

Portlaoise

Yeah, good idea as we have loads of great walks nearby.

Portlaoise

I will be there next week. Happy to chat with anyone who might be interested in getting a walking group going in the midlands "

I'm up for a chat about it anyway.

I will be there next week. Happy to chat with anyone who might be interested in getting a walking group going in the midlands

I'm up for a chat about it anyway."

We could meet up for tea n choc hob knobs

I will be there next week. Happy to chat with anyone who might be interested in getting a walking group going in the midlands "

I'll bring u for a hike lil round howth cliff walk if u up for it midweek get Ur pulse goin

"

The Slieve Blooms is right on your door step. Some great walks up there

Just bumping this thread.

By *shornMan 46 weeks ago

s

Anyone in the northwest area looking to do this ?

By *ic6942Man 39 weeks ago

at our house

Hi I hike regularly in the lakes ,snowdonia, peaks district I’m happy to lead or help organise hikes as I go most weekends

Did anybody manage to sort anything out ??

By *rAndMrsRightCouple 39 weeks ago

newtownabbey

"Hi I hike regularly in the lakes ,snowdonia, peaks district I’m happy to lead or help organise hikes as I go most weekends

Did anybody manage to sort anything out ?? "

I think people realized it's a waste of time as adults can't seem to do things like that without snapping out of "mmmmmm" "outdoor fun mmmmmmm" "are we gonna have some naughty fun mmmmmmm. Outdoors mmmmmm"

By *haggyherhimCouple 39 weeks ago

Longford

We might do Mount Errigal this weekend..

at our house

Shame I’m sure there plenty of people that like hiking good social meets too

at our house

It’s a bit far for the day

By *ocketman99Man 39 weeks ago

fermanagh

I would actually love to be part of a hiking group with fellow fabbers and yes I know you have to walk!!!

By *aitreEtbelleCouple 37 weeks ago

Belfast

Love this idea! It was mentioned before but maybe sticking to parks and forests etc might be better (and save a lot of drama by the sounds of it )

» Add a new message to this topic