FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > New Beatles song

New Beatles song

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    35 weeks ago

Anyone else obsessed with the new Beatles song? Found it weirdly emotional since I first heard it and can’t stop playing it. Anyone else flat out in the Beatles?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *avo79Man 35 weeks ago

Carlow

I like it. Really good. Sounds very ELO.

Great story about how it came to be recorded, decent stuff on YouTube. And yeah Jeff Lynn was involved in the recording so there you go lol. Watching a documentary on sgt pepper this afternoon lol

By *allySlinkyWoman 35 weeks ago

Leeds

Lovely song and the video is brilliant

By *ackandsashaCouple 35 weeks ago

West Dublin

I like the way its a double A side with "Love me do", which was their first ever single. So it's both their first and last ever single.

"I like the way its a double A side with "Love me do", which was their first ever single. So it's both their first and last ever single."
yeah the alpha and omega lol. Worth checking out the Eras podcast on BBC IPlayer, excellent for Fab Four fans!

By *edonisthenryMan 35 weeks ago

Cambridge

On a version I heard Paul introduces the song with the words 'One, two' before John takes it away. A nice touch from two men who obviously had a deep emotional bond for each other.

By *DSGCouple 35 weeks ago

That place in

I really like it, think they did a good job with the mixing of voices and music

By *andytownMan 35 weeks ago

Gods Own Country

Wonderfully simple song, seeing the video as some have said makes it all the better, lifts the emotions of us all

By *esmond and Molly JonesCouple 35 weeks ago

Watford

I'm an insufferable Beatles fan. Evangelical in fact, according to everybody I know. I was so looking forward to this.

I was hoping to be blown away.

It's okay. They did well resurrecting something out of a rubbish tape and a sub-par start of a song.

It's growing on me, and the video released yesterday had me welling up, seeing old Beatles playing alongside young Beatles.

The end bow on the video gave me a lump in my throat. It was the final full stop at the end of a legend.

Not sure if it should be considered an actual Beatles song, because, at best, it was a kind of mash up, but with Actual Beatles members.

Don't get me wrong, anything Beatles is what I love, but although nice to hear, I cannot really raise we this in my mind as an actual real 'Beatles' song, but interesting and lovely to hear, just the same.

Whatever happens, we will always have the music of the greatest band that ever blessed the planet.

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 35 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

I'm pretty obsessed with The Beatles myself. But didn't have my hopes too high for this song tbh.

It's definitely no Strawberry Fields, and initially I thought it sounded like any generic Lennon song from the 70s. But it's definitely growing on me a lot now. The music video completes it.

Just like Real Love and Free as a Bird, it doesn't "feel" like a genuine Beatles song to me. But I'll still play it over and over

By (user no longer on site) OP    34 weeks ago

"I'm an insufferable Beatles fan. Evangelical in fact, according to everybody I know. I was so looking forward to this.

I was hoping to be blown away.

It's okay. They did well resurrecting something out of a rubbish tape and a sub-par start of a song.

It's growing on me, and the video released yesterday had me welling up, seeing old Beatles playing alongside young Beatles.

The end bow on the video gave me a lump in my throat. It was the final full stop at the end of a legend.

Not sure if it should be considered an actual Beatles song, because, at best, it was a kind of mash up, but with Actual Beatles members.

Don't get me wrong, anything Beatles is what I love, but although nice to hear, I cannot really raise we this in my mind as an actual real 'Beatles' song, but interesting and lovely to hear, just the same.

Whatever happens, we will always have the music of the greatest band that ever blessed the planet."

Thanks for the detailed response! And hard to argue given your fab name lol! Yeah I get it’s not a proper Beatles song but I’m still delighted to have it, and it stands up well

"I'm pretty obsessed with The Beatles myself. But didn't have my hopes too high for this song tbh.

It's definitely no Strawberry Fields, and initially I thought it sounded like any generic Lennon song from the 70s. But it's definitely growing on me a lot now. The music video completes it.

Just like Real Love and Free as a Bird, it doesn't "feel" like a genuine Beatles song to me. But I'll still play it over and over"

It seriously grows on you after a few listens and the video does give you a bittersweet feeling to match the song… got all teary listening to it in the kitchen this morning lol

By *attooYouMan 34 weeks ago

just about northside

The technology used to rip Lennons voice and resulting quality is amazing. Not mad about the final production though. PS, White Album all the way.

By *hocko87Man 34 weeks ago

dublin

I heard its once and its brilliant

By *eardedvillainMan 34 weeks ago

Bangor N.Ireland

Just like me it's a grower lol.

Did anyone see CMATs performance on the Graham Norton show this Friday ?,absolutely amazing

By *ackandsashaCouple 34 weeks ago

West Dublin

There's a great 12 minute making of the song on Disney Plus.

By *oxyvixen99Woman 34 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

"There's a great 12 minute making of the song on Disney Plus."

I think it's on iPlayer also

By *edonisthenryMan 34 weeks ago

Cambridge

Yes, last night 'The Beatles & the BBC'. It was a very moving telly programme.

By *og-ManMan 34 weeks ago

somewhere

Just watched the video for the first time

Its amazing to think that we still have our Beethoven still alive and playing music live in concert

Hope he plays here again next year

Yes it’s also on YouTube

"There's a great 12 minute making of the song on Disney Plus.

I think it's on iPlayer also "

It’s fantastic, been watching Beatles stuff all weekend on YouTube

By *ackandsashaCouple 34 weeks ago

West Dublin

And more than 50 years since their last number one, The Ballad of John and Yoko, and surprising nobody.......Yup Number One ! . Well it will be on Friday. Apparently it's outselling the other top five combined.

"And more than 50 years since their last number one, The Ballad of John and Yoko, and surprising nobody.......Yup Number One ! . Well it will be on Friday. Apparently it's outselling the other top five combined."

As it absolutely should be! Best band ever, been listening again all day again. Glad I started this thread!

» Add a new message to this topic