FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Art of manners

Art of manners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *onguentastic OP   Man 49 weeks ago

Ballymoney

So just wondering has the art of manners been lost! Seen the day where people would have replied even if was with a polite no thanks! But now they just delete your message

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ealitybitesMan 49 weeks ago

Belfast

No reply is a reply though.

"No thanks" leads to "why not?" which in turn leads to less mannerly replies.

By *uteirishaWoman 49 weeks ago

ghost town

"No reply is a reply though.

"No thanks" leads to "why not?" which in turn leads to less mannerly replies. "

hit that one on the head... the deleted messages will even recieve the...you deleted me...and then name calling ensues.. can't win either way...

Some accept some don't

By *ohng69Man 49 weeks ago

athenry

There seems to be an avalanche of "poor me" threads recently

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 49 weeks ago

kinda dublin

OP, you've been on this site long enough to know better than to ask this sort of question. It's in the rules of the site.

By *ixenforfunWoman 49 weeks ago

banes mask

I appreciate OP that its always nice to receive a response to a message sent however its just not possible. Many do not respond to messages for various reasons and as stated in the fax of this site no response is a reply. Noone is entitled to a reply here. Men, women, couples. It is what it is

By *ustBoWoman 49 weeks ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I actually don't see why anyone who sends a first messages expects a reply. I know I don't when I send one ,it's nice when you do get a reply but I don't think anyone who doesn't is rude or ill mannered.

No reply just means they aren't interested in replying to you for whatever reasons.

By (user no longer on site) 49 weeks ago

I don't agree that no reply is a reply....it is in the words "no"....."reply"....how can "no reply", be a reply, when there's no reply? Haha

Buy anyways I do agree that no reply is the best way to go cause of abuse and questions of why etc....I could go on....like I already have been, haha

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 49 weeks ago

kinkytown

I've been on and off this site both as a single male and couples profile for over a decade. I've never once expected a reply to any mail I've sent.

By *ilthyNightsCouple 49 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

"So just wondering has the art of manners been lost! Seen the day where people would have replied even if was with a polite no thanks! But now they just delete your message "

Come on you're here over a year. Surely you are aware of this by now.

By *onguentastic OP   Man 49 weeks ago

Ballymoney

Folks I am aware of no reply is a reply all I was saying was that use to be that people would say politely no thanks I just am a old fashioned kind of guy where I feel that to say no thanks is a nice thing to do not looking for sympathy not crying not anything

By *affa31Woman 49 weeks ago

Galway

"Folks I am aware of no reply is a reply all I was saying was that use to be that people would say politely no thanks I just am a old fashioned kind of guy where I feel that to say no thanks is a nice thing to do not looking for sympathy not crying not anything "

Do you reply “thanks but no thanks” to every spam mail that appears in your email?

By *oxxxVixenCouple 49 weeks ago

Tipp, Clare,

So for the single ladies on here who receive 100's of messages per day ... it would be more 'mannerly' if they put aside 2-3 hours daily to send out polite no thank you replies?

Come on now ladies... where are your manners?!!!

Here we go again

By *electableicecreamMan 49 weeks ago

The West

I get up half an hour early every morning to reply to my fabmail.

It only takes a half hour. An hour max.

If I can do surely women can make the effort too..

By *affa31Woman 49 weeks ago

Galway

"So for the single ladies on here who receive 100's of messages per day ... it would be more 'mannerly' if they put aside 2-3 hours daily to send out polite no thank you replies?

Come on now ladies... where are your manners?!!!"

Even if I only received 1 unsolicited mail, I would only be replying if it grabbed my attention. It doesn’t matter if it’s 1 or 100…if I’m not interested, I’m not going to reply.

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple 49 weeks ago

nearby

we wouldnt be that bad!! we dont delete, might not reply but never delete

By *og-ManMan 49 weeks ago

somewhere

I remember someone writing in the forums that they deleted every message they sent instead of getting disappointed when it was deleted by the recipient

Tbh I don't read messages I only chat on the forums

By *eralt80Man 49 weeks ago

cork

"I remember someone writing in the forums that they deleted every message they sent instead of getting disappointed when it was deleted by the recipient

"

Yeah I used to do this when I sent an initial message, saved me some inner torment.

But I’m sure a lot of the messages just bugged out and never made it to the recipient

By *eart-shaped-foxMan 49 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipp

"Folks I am aware of no reply is a reply all I was saying was that use to be that people would say politely no thanks I just am a old fashioned kind of guy where I feel that to say no thanks is a nice thing to do not looking for sympathy not crying not anything

Do you reply “thanks but no thanks” to every spam mail that appears in your email?"

I do, it's exhausting. I copy and pasted my bank details to make it quicker!

By *oxxxVixenCouple 49 weeks ago

Tipp, Clare,

"Folks I am aware of no reply is a reply all I was saying was that use to be that people would say politely no thanks I just am a old fashioned kind of guy where I feel that to say no thanks is a nice thing to do not looking for sympathy not crying not anything

Do you reply “thanks but no thanks” to every spam mail that appears in your email?

I do, it's exhausting. I copy and pasted my bank details to make it quicker!"

By * la carteCouple 49 weeks ago

Dublin

I do, it's exhausting. I copy and pasted my bank details to make it quicker!"

You must be a multi millionaire now

By *s SingletWoman 49 weeks ago

Kilkenny

I try to relpy with no thank you but sometimes it seems to read as try harder or try again so how can you win, if you don't relpy your rude if you do and the person doesn't like your response you have to deal with that

By *ustyboyMan 49 weeks ago

Greater Dublin & Belfast now onwards

Guys I think we need to see the ratio of males to females on this site . I am sure it’s in favour of ladies by many folds . So physically it’s impossible for ladies to reply each n every mail . Let’s put ourselves in to their shoe and try to understand from their point of view .

I think we can get our answer straight away but still we do get hurt and still we try to get attention .

By (user no longer on site) 48 weeks ago

It's at least 50 guys for every one woman on here.....put that in your mailbox and unread it, ha

» Add a new message to this topic