FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Whats wrong with winks

Whats wrong with winks

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oungstallion28 OP   Man 50 weeks ago

dublin

What’s your opinion on winks and why

I find winks very helpful

By winking at someone’s profile to me it shows that I’m interested in them as a couple or individual but also I don’t wanna send a text and wait for a reply if they even will reply if they wink back I know they’re interested and that’ll intrigue me even more into putting effort and keeping the conversation flowing

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By * la carteCouple 50 weeks ago

Dublin

Winks are absolutely fabulous - especially from hidden profiles. We can get such an insight into who's got a lazy interest in us

By *eadue stallionMan 50 weeks ago

Yes

"Winks are absolutely fabulous - especially from hidden profiles. We can get such an insight into who's got a lazy interest in us "

Then keep the conversation flowing!

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 50 weeks ago

kinkytown

Think a lot see them as lazy etc. To be honest we're partial to a bit of winking ourselves

By (user no longer on site) 50 weeks ago

It's the fab equivalent of Sally O'Brien pulling you a pint of Harp

By *ixenforfunWoman 50 weeks ago

banes mask

I rarely check them but every now and then ill do a run through and if a profile catches my eye ill certainly wink back or send a message

By *ealitybitesMan 50 weeks ago

Belfast

Nothing wrong with them in principle but who initiates further contact then?

In my opinion the person sending the initial wink should follow that up with a message if they get a wink back.

More often than not they leave it up to the person they've winked to carry the load.

I rarely look at them. I noticed I had 6 new winks a few weeks ago and thought that was a bit strange until I realised some of them were sent 6 months ago and I hadn't looked at them.

By *ofusplusCouple 50 weeks ago

Limerick

If we wink a profile, we've already decided together that we're interested, so if our wink is reciprocated, we will most definitely message and try to initiate a conversation.

Often though, if the opposite happens where we're winked and we return it, nothing further happens. They might look at our profile and then, nothing!

We've been winked about 5 times over the past few years by one profile and our return wink has always been ignored. After the 4th wink we messaged them rather than winking back. They read the message and didn't reply.

I thought that there was some kind of standard procedure for winks but some seem to use them for purposes other than being interested in us. Maybe people get a kick out of having winks returned, I dunno

I don't think it reflects well on them when they take no action after a returned wink.

how could they resist winking or messaging you two back!

By *og-ManMan 50 weeks ago

somewhere

I thought it was meant to work the exact same way that Reality Bites mentioned above to be honest

The winks I don't reply to or do anything about are the ones you get from a woman trying to get her photo fabbed so she can be on the first page of the hot Irish photos

Its a bit needy to be honest

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman 50 weeks ago

Cork

I will wink a profile I'm interested in. I like them.

By *ichael CoolMan 50 weeks ago

unknown

Must check my winks,lol

By *oxyvixen99Woman 50 weeks ago

Newtownabbey

I wink and have been winked/wunked back. Don't stress too much about it

"If we wink a profile, we've already decided together that we're interested, so if our wink is reciprocated, we will most definitely message and try to initiate a conversation.

Often though, if the opposite happens where we're winked and we return it, nothing further happens. They might look at our profile and then, nothing!

We've been winked about 5 times over the past few years by one profile and our return wink has always been ignored. After the 4th wink we messaged them rather than winking back. They read the message and didn't reply.

I thought that there was some kind of standard procedure for winks but some seem to use them for purposes other than being interested in us. Maybe people get a kick out of having winks returned, I dunno

I don't think it reflects well on them when they take no action after a returned wink."

We try to do the same. And agree weird when others wink you and then nothing even if we decide to message them first. Only for them to then fab our pics. Fab is a weird place

By *amsevenMan 50 weeks ago

cork

"It's the fab equivalent of Sally O'Brien pulling you a pint of Harp"

And the way she'd look at ya

By *irishladMan 50 weeks ago

Malahide

It’s probably considered a bit lazy by some but I use them to show interest along with fabbing a few of the pics in the profile, if I get a wink back I’ll send a mail and hope for a reply. Lazy as it may be it’s better imho than a one line “hi” or “wanna meet” message or a copy and paste message that are not only lazy but sometimes insulting.

We find winks are a good way to see who has an interest in us whereas friend requests can be viewed as just wanting to see what friend only pics we have and lads/people in general fabbing pics to show interest can just be lost in it so the winks do help us and we welcome winks but dont accept friend requests unless we've met in person

By *electableicecreamMan 50 weeks ago

The West

"I wink and have been winked/wunked back. Don't stress too much about it"

If someone wunks me I message because the wunking etiquette is a little arcane.

By *og-ManMan 50 weeks ago

somewhere

"It's the fab equivalent of Sally O'Brien pulling you a pint of Harp

And the way she'd look at ya"

You could fry an egg...if ya had an egg...

By *rCurious_MrsCuriousCouple 50 weeks ago

Letterkenny

We never really look at them to be honest, if someone wants to contact us we prefer it to be a message

By *osyRedLipsWoman 50 weeks ago

Kildare

Fun fact you can in fact wink yourself! I'm winking myself right now....

Limerick

"Fun fact you can in fact wink yourself! I'm winking myself right now...."

Will you reciprocate?

Limerick

"how could they resist winking or messaging you two back! "

Aw thanks!

Maybe they think we're just looking for fabs on our pics

By *oodOmensfor2Couple 50 weeks ago

Ennis

Remember the first time I winked someone. I was soo nervous as we weren't entirely sure how they worked and what the etiquette was.

It happens more and more though that when winking anyone back nothing else happens so we don't really pay that much attention to them anymore

By *eroLondonMan 50 weeks ago

Mayfair

I find them pointless and superfluous. I rarely check my winks and I never send them.

I suspect they are more useful to couples to gauge an interest, but I wouldn't know...

By *ast_jjMan 50 weeks ago

Dublin and London

I use winks a lot to show initial interest.

I've had a few great meets that all started with a wink.

By *lay rock69Man 50 weeks ago

monaghan

Send winks all the time don't get to many back but it ok.

By *ORETHANUSCouple 50 weeks ago

Midlands

"If we wink a profile, we've already decided together that we're interested, so if our wink is reciprocated, we will most definitely message and try to initiate a conversation.

I don't think it reflects well on them when they take no action after a returned wink."

We wink if we like s profile. If we get a wink back we like to message. Agreed, it is confusing if couples or singles wink and then ignore the message. Then again N&K fab is not exactly a normal place.

By *dfabMan 50 weeks ago

Dunboyne

Serial winker here.

Almost always reply with at least a Thanks for the wink and fab any pics I like

By *ythenMan 50 weeks ago

North Co. Dublin

"It's the fab equivalent of Sally O'Brien pulling you a pint of Harp"

Ah brill … .. it was a great line in that Harp add … showing our age here

“ Sally O’Brien and they way she might look at you”.

Enjoy for me Sally was my first Tv crush

By *eijaWoman 50 weeks ago

City Centre

I find winks helpful too if you wink and I wink back it's an indication Id like to talk and vice versa. If you wink first however and I reciprocate and you don't follow up with a message I leave it. I won't chase after someone. There has to be mutual interest.

B x

By *ilthyNightsCouple 50 weeks ago

East / North, Cork

Nothing wrong with them, but loads don't check/notice them

By *adforsexMan 50 weeks ago

Santry

"What’s your opinion on winks and why

I find winks very helpful

By winking at someone’s profile to me it shows that I’m interested in them as a couple or individual but also I don’t wanna send a text and wait for a reply if they even will reply if they wink back I know they’re interested and that’ll intrigue me even more into putting effort and keeping the conversation flowing "

dont see issue with it shows your interested and if others aren't then don't have wink back lol

By *scouple07Couple 50 weeks ago

louth, Ireland

Personally we like winks, if we wink someone and they wink back it can show if some interest before sending a message

By *llthewaysMan 50 weeks ago

City centre/Naas

I find nothing wrong with winks, but I also don't send many. Normally if I like a profile enough to look and read it I will message, *if* we want the same things.

By *teppenwolfMan 50 weeks ago

Cork

"Think a lot see them as lazy etc. To be honest we're partial to a bit of winking ourselves "

Interesting to know

By *elfastDMan 50 weeks ago

belfast

I love a wink, or five

I’m across the room smiling at you and hoping that you’ll smile back

By *yesgreenMan 50 weeks ago

north and south

"I love a wink, or five

I’m across the room smiling at you and hoping that you’ll smile back "

I wink I think when I see a sexy lady that’s hot but am not going to be meeting her, Just to show my appreciation or am saying into myself WoW

By *ippje84Man 50 weeks ago

tipperary

I love getting a winks

Im a complete winker.

By *adylaceWoman 50 weeks ago

Waterford City

I can be pretty shy about making first contact with people cos I assume people aren't into until they really show it. So a wink or a fab is a gentle way for me to show interest and I don't feel so bad if I don't get a response to one. Lol

By *iggBadDaveMan 50 weeks ago

Ards

Have to agree , I do send a wink to see if I get a reaction before sending a mail. I do get it that some ladies must get 100s a day and don't bother even looking.

"I can be pretty shy about making first contact with people cos I assume people aren't into until they really show it. So a wink or a fab is a gentle way for me to show interest and I don't feel so bad if I don't get a response to one. Lol "

Yeah, this is the case for a lot of us I assume.

By *indenMan 50 weeks ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

I don’t understand them….

By *ublinGirl92Woman 50 weeks ago

Hell

I barely send winks and I never look at who's winked me. I tend to forget it even exists.

Same as my inbox sometimes lol

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 50 weeks ago

kinda dublin

I love the winks. I'm not too bothered with emails, as we only go to organised events, so we'll see you when we see you. No point in messaging back and forth till the convo gets stale.

Winks are good to see who's interested. But I'd rather chat in person.

By *eroLondonMan 50 weeks ago

Mayfair

"I barely send winks and I never look at who's winked me. I tend to forget it even exists.

Same as my inbox sometimes lol"

Keep an êyê out for my message in your battle-worn InBøx.

Since most women's profiles seem to get a lot of messages which they can't read all of and normally bulk delete, a wink at least might have some chance of being seen before deleting all the winks too. so i guess its usefullness is just down to the volume of messages or winks being recieved

"Winks are absolutely fabulous - especially from hidden profiles. We can get such an insight into who's got a lazy interest in us "

“Who’s got a lazy interest in us” brilliant

I’m never sending a wink again!!!

By *xcited And CuriousCouple 50 weeks ago

Dublin

We've never winked anyone, but we have been winked.

TBH, we haven't been 100% sure of the function or purpose of a wink - is there a description or explanation on the site?

Our thinking was...

The initial wink says "I / we like your pics and we're interested in you", and is intended to open up a dialogue to advance the potential possibility of messaging, flirting, befriending, meeting...

Then it's up to the winkee to decide whether or not to return the wink to the winner.

A return wink says "I / we like your pics too, we're interested in you too, and would be happy to enter into a dialogue to advance the potential possibility of messaging, flirting, befriending, meeting...

Then it's up to the winker to open up that dialogue.

If the winkee doesn't like the winker's pics, they don't wink back.

That all about right?

Or is a wink just "Hey. You're hot!", with no expectation of response at all?

By *ohnFKMan 50 weeks ago

Where the Streets Have No Name

Given the amount of traffic single girls (especially) & couples have to deal with, it makes absolute sense for them to send a wink to a profile that might catch their eye.

It's not like us single guys have loads of messages to be responding to.

I very rarely 'cold' message anymore, but have made many friends () that started off with a wink, that was responded to with a 'thanks for the wink' introductory message.

Sure how can ya see with one eye

By *eard and BoobsCouple 50 weeks ago

Portstewart

Absolutely nothing wrong with them. They give us a guide it someone has interest in us and viceversa

By *akeMYSEEDMan 50 weeks ago

the greenway outdoor funNewry, Dundalk

No sometimes it, many girls have read the same thing over and over and and a wink let's the girl show if they are interested in continuing or just pass, I send winks and if I get one bk I try to start a conversation

By *mmortalbMan 49 weeks ago

kildare

I kinda assumed since half the profiles don't want men contacting them, or we will find you, that a wink is more like a hi, and if they are interested they will message. That way there not bombarded with messages

By *on Juan the MADridMan 49 weeks ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

Wink out and wink back is the perfect way to start a chat, especially for ladies that declares inundated under emails… I know winks are not popular but I find them a perfect way to initiate the connection

» Add a new message to this topic