FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Ireland V Scotland.....

Ireland V Scotland.....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ublinjonn OP   Man 38 weeks ago

dublin

Is there anyone else that's just a tad nervous about the match this evening?? We should win easily....but the Scots are really up for this one...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan 38 weeks ago

Tipperary

"Is there anyone else that's just a tad nervous about the match this evening?? We should win easily....but the Scots are really up for this one..."
bound to be nervous. As u say, we should win but Scotland are going to throw the kitchen sink at us. We hold up. We will pull away I think

By (user no longer on site) 38 weeks ago

"Is there anyone else that's just a tad nervous about the match this evening?? We should win easily....but the Scots are really up for this one..."

Don't be at all surprised by a scots win.. Ireland are already looking at the quarter finals as if they've already beaten them..they're in for a rude awakening

By *otass and scorpioCouple 38 weeks ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

It’s gonna be a very good tight game I reckon , but Ireland to snatch it by less than 10

Tipperary

"Is there anyone else that's just a tad nervous about the match this evening?? We should win easily....but the Scots are really up for this one...

Don't be at all surprised by a scots win.. Ireland are already looking at the quarter finals as if they've already beaten them..they're in for a rude awakening "

I doubt that very much. Irish team and coaches seem very grounded. The general public are talking that way alrite

more worried about coming out without any injuries

By *ick 69XXXMan 38 weeks ago

Edinburgh

Hope youse get humped should be a cracker enjoy guys

Tipperary

"more worried about coming out without any injuries"
we have been blessed so far in fairness.

"Is there anyone else that's just a tad nervous about the match this evening?? We should win easily....but the Scots are really up for this one...

Don't be at all surprised by a scots win.. Ireland are already looking at the quarter finals as if they've already beaten them..they're in for a rude awakening I doubt that very much. Irish team and coaches seem very grounded. The general public are talking that way alrite "

If ever there was a banana skin this is it ..scots be right up for this 1

Tipperary

Don't be at all surprised by a scots win.. Ireland are already looking at the quarter finals as if they've already beaten them..they're in for a rude awakening I doubt that very much. Irish team and coaches seem very grounded. The general public are talking that way alrite

If ever there was a banana skin this is it ..scots be right up for this 1"

ireland should be also. There World Cup is on the line.

By *ob7Man 38 weeks ago

Limerick

Tonight game is no push over.for the Scotts,tonight is there world cup final and for them to get out of the group would be a major achievement, especially where they have been over the last few years.still we are good enough to get the result we want. hopefully we get out of this game with a clean bill of health and look forward to the quarter finals.

By *erverts AnonymousMan 38 weeks ago

Darkest desires

I'm looking forward to it. Easy games aren't what Ireland are about! Hard earned with no injuries is all I want to see and a good game with the win

By *otass and scorpioCouple 38 weeks ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

Whatever happens tonight results wise it’s a crying shame one of those teams will be going home ! If they were in different groupings both would make a quarter final easy

By *amsevenMan 38 weeks ago

cork

I don't wanna jinx it buuut...

Ireland by 20 points. We'll be out the gap by half time

dublin

The draw being made three years ago is crazy....the four top teams from pool A&B should all have an easier path to the semifinals. But then again ... we'd have to beat them at some stage....might as well be now

By *egsyWoman 38 weeks ago

Meath

Going to be a cracking game, got the beers waiting in the fridge

We are not comfortable being the favourites. In this game we are string favourites, and rightly so. Take nothing away from the Scots , they are a good team and habe a solid management team and are very good in all areas. Ireland are the best team in the world though and need to keep showing it. I love the mentality of the players and unlike the fair weather fans all full of piss and importance , they know this will be tough. Ireland are eyeing winning this world cup and beating the Scots is just on the way.

I'm absolutely nervous because I've been a fan for many years and the good days far outweigh the bad, but I remember getting scrummed off the field by England and also beaten by Italy,with such high expectations comes great falls.

Logically we win, we beat them last year with JVDF throwing the lineouts , this is a different game , I can't wait , two excellent teams going at it. I just hope a referree decision doesn't affect the game in a bad way.

I'm so excited for this game

dublin

Shoulder to shoulder eh???

By *rish_GuyMan 38 weeks ago

Foxford

It's going to be a tuff game, a real arm wrestle. It could start off like a banana skin, with the Scott's scoring first & maybe even leading at halftime. With our lad's coming good in the end. COYBIG

Ireland usen't to be great with be favourites going into games in the past alright. I think that's changing slowly with this team. Like how many times have they had bad starts & came good in the end.

Like what was said above, it's a shame that 1 of these team's are going home after the game alright.

"SHOULDERTOSHOULDER" COYBIG

By *oo32Man 38 weeks ago

tipperary

Good team,ireland have beaten them every year back as far as 2017

Scotland had a good six nations,the bookies have ireland favourites,and probably rightly so,

avoid injuries and move on to the next game,

Remember Andy farrell hasn't a clue folks

Definitely a lil nervous but should get the bonus point and kick on

By *ot so needyMan 38 weeks ago

Galway

I can't understand how Hamish Watson isn't in that Scottish team. One of the most physical aggressive flankers in the world.

Don't know what's going on behind the scene with them but delighted he is not in.

By *ublustMan 38 weeks ago

Dublin

Seems to be less Scots here than South Africans two weeks ago

By *oo32Man 38 weeks ago

tipperary

"I can't understand how Hamish Watson isn't in that Scottish team. One of the most physical aggressive flankers in the world.

Don't know what's going on behind the scene with them but delighted he is not in."

Concussion and not having a great six nations

By *adger BrocMan 38 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Will be watching from behind the couch.

Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

If Scotland were to win my eyes might stay that way.

Here's hoping they don't.

Allez les Verts

Galway

"I can't understand how Hamish Watson isn't in that Scottish team. One of the most physical aggressive flankers in the world.

Don't know what's going on behind the scene with them but delighted he is not in.

Concussion and not having a great six nations "

He suffered a concussion at the end of last year and came back for the 6 nations. In fairness he wasn't at his best in that tournament but just back after a few months out. But played very well for Edinburgh since.

By *amsevenMan 38 weeks ago

cork

Lock the gates

By *aptain Caveman41Man 38 weeks ago

Home

Awesome first half display

By *rish_GuyMan 38 weeks ago

Foxford

What a first half. COYBIG

On a different note(sorry OP) as much as I like other's aren't happy with RTE. I'd have them over Virgin media.

I know virgin are independent & all that, but having ads in the middle or parts of a game isn't on at all.

Lou's man had a good half.

Dublin

All's left to decide is if we're playing Saturday or Sunday next week (we'll play NZ on Saturday). We'll nil these guys, our defence is far more organised than their attack.

Its gona b the sat. 14th i think cmon ireland

Dublin

Their best attack with a spare Irish defender and an overcooked Crossfield kick, they have nothing.

Can't believe how bad scots are now this is a farce..that was a nice ding dong earlier

Dublin

"Can't believe how bad scots are now this is a farce..that was a nice ding dong earlier "

I'm on record here questioning people's fear of Scotland before the tournament. South Africa were always worthy adversaries but Scotland always needed a black swan event.

Not nearly as confident for next week but I'll be here.

It's great that Ireland are winning don't get me wrong but this is bad for the competition..the group stages for this world cup have been farcical ..so many landslide wins..a few competitive games dotted through it..when the big guns meet in the quarter finals it only becomes competitive then

By *og-ManMan 38 weeks ago

somewhere

"It's great that Ireland are winning don't get me wrong but this is bad for the competition..the group stages for this world cup have been farcical ..so many landslide wins..a few competitive games dotted through it..when the big guns meet in the quarter finals it only becomes competitive then "

Whos the profile that for years has been been calling them Bottlers and saying Andy Farrell is useless

By *adger BrocMan 38 weeks ago

Co. Cork

Fingers crossed that Hansen, Lowe and Ryan will be fit for next week.

But the squad is strong.

Bring on the Kiwis.

"It's great that Ireland are winning don't get me wrong but this is bad for the competition..the group stages for this world cup have been farcical ..so many landslide wins..a few competitive games dotted through it..when the big guns meet in the quarter finals it only becomes competitive then

Whos the profile that for years has been been calling them Bottlers and saying Andy Farrell is useless

"

They haven't made it past the quarter finals yet My old chap so bottlers they still are ..didn't say Andy Farrell was useless all I said was he has no real experience in union ..most of his experience is with rugby league but it seems to be paying dividends now

"They haven't made it past the quarter finals yet My old chap so bottlers they still are ..didn't say Andy Farrell was useless all I said was he has no real experience in union ..most of his experience is with rugby league but it seems to be paying dividends now "

Andy Farrell has been a coach with Saracens, England, lions and Ireland. He is coaching since 2009, and played rugby Union for 4 years for England and Saracens so that’s 18 years, I don’t know would I call that no experience.

By *astelloWoman 38 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Great result but not exactly a scintillating match to watch. Delighted to see the celebrations. Now for the next big one...

Question for Dublinese...

Im in Dublin next weekend meeting my bestie, want a good place to watch the match. Recommendations in town... As staying city centre.

Galway

"It's great that Ireland are winning don't get me wrong but this is bad for the competition..the group stages for this world cup have been farcical ..so many landslide wins..a few competitive games dotted through it..when the big guns meet in the quarter finals it only becomes competitive then

They haven't made it past the quarter finals yet My old chap so bottlers they still are ..didn't say Andy Farrell was useless all I said was he has no real experience in union ..most of his experience is with rugby league but it seems to be paying dividends now "

His attention to detail is unreal. The coaching and backroom team is brilliant. Some of the plays they have come up with are impossible to defend. And the belief he has instilled in the players incredible.

Don't be at all surprised by a scots win.. Ireland are already looking at the quarter finals as if they've already beaten them..they're in for a rude awakening "

How'd that go for you?

They haven't made it past the quarter finals yet My old chap so bottlers they still are ..didn't say Andy Farrell was useless all I said was he has no real experience in union ..most of his experience is with rugby league but it seems to be paying dividends now

His attention to detail is unreal. The coaching and backroom team is brilliant. Some of the plays they have come up with are impossible to defend. And the belief he has instilled in the players incredible."

In fairness Schmit deserves a lot of credit for the way we are and our skillset

Farrell brings the attitude and team together like Joe couldn't

They haven't made it past the quarter finals yet My old chap so bottlers they still are ..didn't say Andy Farrell was useless all I said was he has no real experience in union ..most of his experience is with rugby league but it seems to be paying dividends now "

It's his man management he's there for

He has the best coaches under him and the provinces and academy's are supplying him with incredible talent

By *agnus5000Man 38 weeks ago

Somewhere

As a Scotsman I was very confident before the match of getting absolutely hammered, not sure how I feel about being so completely correct. At least I can cheer on my adopted country now!

By *ublustMan 37 weeks ago

Dublin

"They haven't made it past the quarter finals yet My old chap so bottlers they still are ..didn't say Andy Farrell was useless all I said was he has no real experience in union ..most of his experience is with rugby league but it seems to be paying dividends now "

It's always been about a QF against France or NZ. South Africa in the group were always going to be a challenge but there were a cohort here bigging up Scotland to win but they've done fuck all to justify the concern apart from beating very poor English and Welsh teams.

By *oo32Man 37 weeks ago

tipperary

He hasn't a clue...not an iota....a league man,anyone can see that

By *rystalsswingCouple 37 weeks ago

Galway

"As a Scotsman I was very confident before the match of getting absolutely hammered, not sure how I feel about being so completely correct. At least I can cheer on my adopted country now! "

Good for you!!

By *ontbesillywrapyourwillyMan 37 weeks ago

Tipperary

Absolutely brilliant win and onto the mother of all quarter finals. Can’t wait.

By (user no longer on site) 37 weeks ago

"

Looks like I was proven right there me aul mucker

By *amsevenMan 37 weeks ago

cork

There's always one

By *oo32Man 37 weeks ago

tipperary

Shur Andy farrell hasn't a clue...not enough experience

By *og-ManMan 37 weeks ago

somewhere

Looks like I was proven right there me aul mucker "

Sure a broken clock is right twice a day

By *oo32Man 37 weeks ago

tipperary

Amazing that people could be happy they lost...

somewhere

"Amazing that people could be happy they lost..."

In fairness who didnt expect him to go back to a thread 6 days old to take joy in the loss

I reckon hes looking for the thread from when we won the six nations now

"Shur Andy farrell hasn't a clue...not enough experience "

Just like that ..total spoofer ..a rugby league buffoon

"Amazing that people could be happy they lost...

In fairness who didnt expect him to go back to a thread 6 days old to take joy in the loss

I reckon hes looking for the thread from when we won the six nations now "

No just wanted you to eat your words ..I know if the shoe was on the other foot you'd do the same to me..you love commenting on my posts

somewhere

No just wanted you to eat your words ..I know if the shoe was on the other foot you'd do the same to me..you love commenting on my posts "

So you're not taking joy in their loss at all....

No just wanted you to eat your words ..I know if the shoe was on the other foot you'd do the same to me..you love commenting on my posts

So you're not taking joy in their loss at all...."

By *indenMan 37 weeks ago

naas which is South West of Dublin

Looks like I was proven right there me aul mucker "

That you are a dick?

Congratulations point proven for all to see…..

Just like Irish rugby I’ll be back after a break I’m sure…….

Looks like I was proven right there me aul mucker

That you are a dick?

Congratulations point proven for all to see…..

Just like Irish rugby I’ll be back after a break I’m sure……."

Cheers up it's only a game ..you can jump board the next delusional rugby train soon..better times are ahead ..faz wouldn't want us supporters insulting each other like children just cause Ireland are bottlers and lost when it matters again

By *amsevenMan 36 weeks ago

cork

Tbf he's about as happy to see ireland lose as I am to see meath in the tailtean cup

» Add a new message to this topic