FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Job Interviews

Job Interviews

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP    40 weeks ago

I have two this week, time for a change. Any advice, particularly in questions for the employer?

Serious or funny , all appreciated

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *leasurer77Man 40 weeks ago

Athlone

Are you flexible if I get offers for daytime fab meets?

By *andytownMan 40 weeks ago

Gods Own Country

Does your dad own a brewery

The job interviewer goes "what's your biggest weakness" , I say " I'm too honest" , they say " I don't see that as a weakness" , to which I reply "I really don't give a fuck what you think!" ....

By *igDesire2Couple 40 weeks ago

belfast

I interview ppl all the time so message me if you want any help.

Questions for them:

- what do THEY like about working there? Top 3

- if there’s one thing they could change about company etc, what would it be and why?

All the best for your interviews! Xx

By *elfastDMan 40 weeks ago

belfast

"I interview ppl all the time so message me if you want any help.

Questions for them:

- what do THEY like about working there? Top 3

- if there’s one thing they could change about company etc, what would it be and why?

All the best for your interviews! Xx"

If you get an influx of interviewees asking these questions now, you may have a better insight to the person than you would normally get

belfast

Haha! I interview for rest of UK so any NI peeps are safe

By *uriousVoyeurMan 40 weeks ago

Northside

One tip I got was to do some research on the company...size,no. of staff, annual turnover etc. Ask relevant questions about those and it shows you have an interest. Do your homework...and best of luck!

belfast

"One tip I got was to do some research on the company...size,no. of staff, annual turnover etc. Ask relevant questions about those and it shows you have an interest. Do your homework...and best of luck! "

True although find out stuff that isn’t on their website - that’s the more impressive thing

By (user no longer on site) 40 weeks ago

I know someone who always asks interviewees why they want the job as the last question. Its amazing the amount of people that catches out - they just panic and say the first thing that comes to mind (e.g. for the money!!!)

Good luck with the interviews OP. And if you're asked the question above its not about the money its that you're looking for a new challenge

By *ilderMan 40 weeks ago

dublin

Just ask, 'how many hot b*tches work here pal?'

That'll clinch it for you! You're welcome

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan 40 weeks ago

Midlands

Research research research. Know about the company very well. History of company.

Come prepared list of questions written out.

Study the contract by bringing it home. If you have access to employment solicitor, hr person etc. get them to look at contract and let them add your own terms to add in and cross out what your not happy with it. Apply an appendix to rear page and write out: salary. Extra time rates and how to go about it. Expenses. Fuel rates etc. the more bullet proof the better. It’s keeping everyone crystal clear and honest.

Unfortunately some employers and big firms flex their muscles and don’t abide by contract and try intimidation and dirty tricks which is cowardly. But by having your evidence and a sturdy contract you’ll be in a strong stance to stand your ground in the event of disloyalty. Hope this doesn’t sound negative- but like a condom it keeps ya safe

Best of luck. First 10 beers on you

By *oo32Man 40 weeks ago

tipperary

"I have two this week, time for a change. Any advice, particularly in questions for the employer?

Serious or funny , all appreciated "

How does a typical day go

What's the culture like

Are there openings for advancement and training

What would impress ye in the first few months

By *oo32Man 40 weeks ago

tipperary

"I have two this week, time for a change. Any advice, particularly in questions for the employer?

Serious or funny , all appreciated "

Are they both in the same job type

By *astelloWoman 40 weeks ago

Tír na nÓg

Good luck...

By *uriousVoyeurMan 40 weeks ago

Northside

"One tip I got was to do some research on the company...size,no. of staff, annual turnover etc. Ask relevant questions about those and it shows you have an interest. Do your homework...and best of luck!

True although find out stuff that isn’t on their website - that’s the more impressive thing "

Very true....and apologies to the OP for the slight detour,but speaking of impressive...your pics!!! Jaaaaaaaaaaysus!!!!!

Keep calm, repeat the question they asked, (into yourself ) to make sure you are answering it correctly, pause and think and plan out your answer before you start waffling.

Make sure you keep saying “I” done this, I led this,

Could ask what are they looking for in candidates and do they offer working/wanking from home options

belfast

"One tip I got was to do some research on the company...size,no. of staff, annual turnover etc. Ask relevant questions about those and it shows you have an interest. Do your homework...and best of luck!

True although find out stuff that isn’t on their website - that’s the more impressive thing

Very true....and apologies to the OP for the slight detour,but speaking of impressive...your pics!!! Jaaaaaaaaaaysus!!!!! "

Moi?

By *electableicecreamMan 40 weeks ago

The West

Remember that you are in Ireland and soundness is often the tie breaker among equally qualified candidates

"Research research research. Know about the company very well. History of company.

Come prepared list of questions written out.

Study the contract by bringing it home. If you have access to employment solicitor, hr person etc. get them to look at contract and let them add your own terms to add in and cross out what your not happy with it. Apply an appendix to rear page and write out: salary. Extra time rates and how to go about it. Expenses. Fuel rates etc. the more bullet proof the better. It’s keeping everyone crystal clear and honest.

Unfortunately some employers and big firms flex their muscles and don’t abide by contract and try intimidation and dirty tricks which is cowardly. But by having your evidence and a sturdy contract you’ll be in a strong stance to stand your ground in the event of disloyalty. Hope this doesn’t sound negative- but like a condom it keeps ya safe

Best of luck. First 10 beers on you "

I would not be to worried about what is in the contract if not the same as Irish employment law it's void anyhow

Questions

- what do you like about your role withing the company (if not outside recruitment company)

- how does the company motivate/retain employees

- how does success look like

- what does growth/ progress look like in the company

- how is feedback given with the company

- what kind of training program does the company have

- why should I take this role

To many a few this also all depends on the job you go for

By *arrot_in_a_boxCouple 40 weeks ago

Kinda Dublin

I was once asked at the end of an interview if there was any questions I still have.

Apparently, they ment queations related to the job, and "Is squirt actually just piss?" was not the kinda thing they had in mind.

Ya live and ya learn.

Very helpful , thank you, some genuinely good questions.

By *omalone1Man 40 weeks ago

swords

Hi. Any advice on filling a competency based application form for ap1 in a secondary school?

Kinda Dublin

Copy and paste the entire job description and roles/responsibilities from the job advert into Chat GPT, and ask it what sort in interview questions you might expect from that. Then ask it what sort of answers you should give.

Kinda Dublin

"Hi. Any advice on filling a competency based application form for ap1 in a secondary school? "

Copy and paste your entire cv into Chat Gpt, followed by the application form, and ask it to fill it out for you.

"Copy and paste the entire job description and roles/responsibilities from the job advert into Chat GPT, and ask it what sort in interview questions you might expect from that. Then ask it what sort of answers you should give.

"

Jesus carrot thought you were smarter than that a well back to playing carrot in a box

"Copy and paste the entire job description and roles/responsibilities from the job advert into Chat GPT, and ask it what sort in interview questions you might expect from that. Then ask it what sort of answers you should give.

Jesus carrot thought you were smarter than that a well back to playing carrot in a box"

I suppose you could say the same I enjoy your posts

By *aptainpuffinMan 40 weeks ago

Ballincollig

Did they give you the expected answer ?

By *lick snapMan 40 weeks ago

anytown

Don’t over prepare just go in be yourself. Most questions are star based questions Situation, Task, Action, and Result. have something from your past tasks that fit in with star method. Other than that just be real honest and be you you’ll be fine. What’s for you won’t pass you! Best of luck!

By *hinbutlong1Man 40 weeks ago

lucan

Best of luck mate don't over think it , i do interviews with my crowd with the HR and all they want to see is that you researched the company and know the role you're applying for.

Every company is different but i know my crowd prefer honesty rather than a script ..just sell yourself and the number one question always is “how can your company help me progress in my career”

» Add a new message to this topic