FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Block Button

Block Button

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *adger Broc OP   Man  over a year ago

Co. Cork

Borrowed from New Stalker Law thread.

Is it considered rude to block someone if they have not replied to your messages or if they do reply and indicate they are not interested for reasons of age preference or location or relationship status or whatever.

I don't believe it is rude and prevents accidental further contact with someone who doesn't want to chat or meet with you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It would be handy in a way I reckon

Of course it's not rude, it's way better than having the person repeatedly send "introductory" messages when you've already turned them down politely.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Meh block away

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

There’s nothing rude about using the block button in any situation.

It’s just another handy filtering tool.

"There’s nothing rude about using the block button in any situation.

It’s just another handy filtering tool. "

How we see it also, block away

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Yep pretty much this. I don't see why it's such a big deal .If the person doesn't want anything to do with you than surely using the block button is useful.

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

The block button is there to be used as any site user sees fit.

We've filtered men, have very few blocks (3) and I simply use the notes section on a profile to remind me of all sorts - so if you're not on my filtered or block list, it doesn't mean there isn't a whole novel written about you to let me know all I need for future reference and decisions

Block button is one of our favourite tools on here unfortunately.

We've come across our fair share of profiles taking up to much of our free time and waste it.

We have taken the unfortunate decision to block all males due to ignorance by the many which means that the few genuine boys on here can't msg

By *on Draper2.0Man  over a year ago

Maynooth

"Borrowed from New Stalker Law thread.

Is it considered rude to block someone if they have not replied to your messages or if they do reply and indicate they are not interested for reasons of age preference or location or relationship status or whatever.

I don't believe it is rude and prevents accidental further contact with someone who doesn't want to chat or meet with you."

Well, by not responding, for whatever reason, that's effectively blocking you. If you block them it stops you from messaging again and becoming a pest.

Co. Cork

Wow.

Is this looking like a first for a thread on the Ireland Forum.

Everybody in agreement with the OP.

Must check outside for pigs flying past a blue moon.

Co. Cork

I don't believe it is rude and prevents accidental further contact with someone who doesn't want to chat or meet with you.

Well, by not responding, for whatever reason, that's effectively blocking you. If you block them it stops you from messaging again and becoming a pest."

I use it as a block button but also has a filter, pity can't remove local updates without having to block.

I don't consider it rude

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Yes it's extremely rude!

That's why I do it

By *eth TVTV/TS  over a year ago

Mid Meath

The block button is the best thing about Fab IMO

By *lamingo57Woman  over a year ago

Carrick

My block list is....... extensive.

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

I Absolutely go with this train of thought too.

Block whoever you like, I’m blocked by people I’ve never even messaged before and I don’t lose any sleep over it. Just press the button ! It’s not that big of a deal

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

My block list is mainly lads that have emailed for fun despite me stating I'm straight on profile. The odd weird couple or fem on it too but mainly male. A very useful tool (so to speak)

"Block whoever you like, I’m blocked by people I’ve never even messaged before and I don’t lose any sleep over it. Just press the button ! It’s not that big of a deal "

Same, doesn’t bother me, if anything saved me messaging them

By *otass and scorpioCouple  over a year ago

limerick cork tipperary clare waterford

Ppl have blocked us that we have said no to … and we have had to block ones that can’t take no for an answer too so it’s a handy tool

By *ay_Gatsby_D4Man  over a year ago

City Centre, Dublin

I block without a seconds thought and I accept people I’m interested in can block me without need for explanation. It’s the rules of the game

By *adforsexMan  over a year ago

Santry

No point in talking to them if there not interested unless just want be friends lol

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

I don't believe it is rude and prevents accidental further contact with someone who doesn't want to chat or meet with you."

100% not rude not to want to see people you've no interest in or who don't have any interest in you

I wish more would

By *exleypeteMan 41 weeks ago

bexleyheath

It’s just another

handy filtering tool. "

Your not wrong

By (user no longer on site) 41 weeks ago

Yep pretty much this. I don't see why it's such a big deal .If the person doesn't want anything to do with you than surely using the block button is useful. "

Never thought about using it to block people that arent interested in me, think I'll start doing that.....it'll be a big list so, hahaha (compensating laugh)

Here's one, anyone meet anyone at a social/M&G get on with them and realise at a later stage they had blocked them on here?

Where you go from there.....dare to unblock or leave em in block embargo....?

By *ealitybitesMan 41 weeks ago

Belfast

Yep pretty much this. I don't see why it's such a big deal .If the person doesn't want anything to do with you than surely using the block button is useful.

Never thought about using it to block people that arent interested in me, think I'll start doing that.....it'll be a big list so, hahaha (compensating laugh)

Here's one, anyone meet anyone at a social/M&G get on with them and realise at a later stage they had blocked them on here?

Where you go from there.....dare to unblock or leave em in block embargo....? "

I've been blocked by a couple who were very polite about it. We chatted on here and they decided I wasn't what they were looking for so they said they were going to block me so I didn't appear on their local updates and they hoped I wouldn't take it personally.

I didn't and accepted being blocked.

A few years later we met at a social and they had forgotten why they had blocked me but they were happy to lift the block and verify me and we have chatted off and on since.

Most on my block list are there because they weren't polite or nice to start with so I would avoid them at socials and if they introduced themselves I would say hello and leave it at that.

By *ildarekinkstersCouple 41 weeks ago

kinkytown

Back when we went to socials it happened but we left them blocked for good reason

I lifted all my blocks, feck it it’s Christmas

By *ursecretmischiefCouple 41 weeks ago

The West

Met one or two that were blocked, couldn't rightly remember why, unblocked them after!

If you're on here moaning or complaining, I'll probably block, just couldn't be listening to it!

By *adger Broc OP   Man 41 weeks ago

Co. Cork

"I lifted all my blocks, feck it it’s Christmas "

That's the Christmas spirit.

Have a good one.

Co. Cork

I have met people at socials who had blocked me, mostly for age reasons, but once we met face to face and they realised I wasn't using a Zimmer frame they were more than happy to unblock me and a few of them are now regular chat buddies.

By *aid backMan 41 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

People I've blocked stay blocked whether or not I meet them in person after. The few times I've met blockees in person it validated the reason why I blocked them.

PS I block for all manner of reasons. But mainly because I don't think we'd get on or because to they have blocked me too

By *aptain Caveman41Man 41 weeks ago

Home

My block list is people who couldn't take no for an answer

Co. Cork

"People I've blocked stay blocked whether or not I meet them in person after. The few times I've met blockees in person it validated the reason why I blocked them.

PS I block for all manner of reasons. But mainly because I don't think we'd get on or because to they have blocked me too "

I will have to remember not to attempt to strike up a conversation if I am out for a hike and I see someone by a lake with his rod out.

I've only the one on my block list and he deserves it, he has pics and videos of me and I've heard he has shown on chat groups and keeps making up new profiles, hence why I don't do chat groups anymore

I was chatting to a woman on here great conversations and then boom got blocked, she was single then owned by a “dom” the when they finished up she unblocked me and we chatted again to my stupidity, then she was owned again by a “dom” and blocked me again, I think the world needs to block these people rather then them being able to block you ,

By *og-ManMan 41 weeks ago

somewhere

"I was chatting to a woman on here great conversations and then boom got blocked, she was single then owned by a “dom” the when they finished up she unblocked me and we chatted again to my stupidity, then she was owned again by a “dom” and blocked me again, I think the world needs to block these people rather then them being able to block you , "

You know you can block people that block you anyway

Co. Cork

There are more than one kind of "Dom" on here.

Some people cannot hack the competition so they advise their "friends" to block you and unfortunately some people will acquiesce for fear of being taken off social invite lists or being blocked themselves.

Small minds and big egos often go hand in hand.

"There are more than one kind of "Dom" on here.

Some people cannot hack the competition so they advise their "friends" to block you and unfortunately some people will acquiesce for fear of being taken off social invite lists or being blocked themselves.

"

I have people blocked mostly because we agreed that it was going to go nowhere as not compatible for whatever reasons.

I have never been asked/told to block anyone ever. I am not in any 'groups' per sec but even if I was, I have a mind of my own and can make decisions about people myself!

Seriously though, do people on her actually ask people to block others?

It's not primary school.....surely adults here make their own minds up about someone?

If a 'friend' asked me to block so-and-so cause he was a dick, I would probably block the person that asked me as they were being a bigger dick. Lol

Just my tuppence worth

By *uper duperMan 41 weeks ago

around

Best button ever, especially for guys who can't read my profile

Co. Cork

"There are more than one kind of "Dom" on here.

I have people blocked mostly because we agreed that it was going to go nowhere as not compatible for whatever reasons.

I have never been asked/told to block anyone ever. I am not in any 'groups' per sec but even if I was, I have a mind of my own and can make decisions about people myself!

Seriously though, do people on her actually ask people to block others?

It's not primary school.....surely adults here make their own minds up about someone?

If a 'friend' asked me to block so-and-so cause he was a dick, I would probably block the person that asked me as they were being a bigger dick. Lol

Just my tuppence worth "

Unfortunately I know through personal experience that it does happen.

One of the sadder sides of what is otherwise a fun site to be on.

But it takes all kinds and none of us are perfect.

I block people who decline me, mainly so I don’t come across as a scourge by texting them again accidentally

By *on Draper2.0Man 37 weeks ago

Maynooth

"Ppl have blocked us that we have said no to … and we have had to block ones that can’t take no for an answer too so it’s a handy tool "

Exactly the way use it. If someone doesn't want to interact with me, I black them. I'm the type of person who will respond to everyone if only as a mannerly courtesy. Someone who isn't that way inclined is probably not going to float my boat anyway.

» Add a new message to this topic