Has anyone had this done??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *OCONO5Couple  over a year ago

Sensual Center

No

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Acupuncture yes, for injuries over the years.

Facial sounds, eh facey and sore.

Whats the treatment for?

By *risharrowMan  over a year ago

Clare

What does facial acupuncture target? What points are on the face?

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

Like as a beauty treatment? No, but I've had lots of it on my face for various other issues.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Yes many years ago for bells palsy

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Like as a beauty treatment? No, but I've had lots of it on my face for various other issues. "

ive had forehead and jaw tightness for months.. thought maybe acupuncture might help.

Would you recommend it. Feck sure if it makes me beautiful too that'd be a bonus

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Friend had it done last week to help his sinuses. Said it was grand apart from opening his eyes and getting freaked seeing the needles sticking out of his face

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

"Like as a beauty treatment? No, but I've had lots of it on my face for various other issues.

ive had forehead and jaw tightness for months.. thought maybe acupuncture might help.

Would you recommend it. Feck sure if it makes me beautiful too that'd be a bonus "

I've never gone for those specific issues so I couldn't say, but it's worth a try.

"Friend had it done last week to help his sinuses. Said it was grand apart from opening his eyes and getting freaked seeing the needles sticking out of his face "

hahaha - that freak out is my absolute fear!

"Friend had it done last week to help his sinuses. Said it was grand apart from opening his eyes and getting freaked seeing the needles sticking out of his face "

its my sinuses too i think im also afraid treatment may 'open the floodgates'!

"Friend had it done last week to help his sinuses. Said it was grand apart from opening his eyes and getting freaked seeing the needles sticking out of his face

its my sinuses too i think im also afraid treatment may 'open the floodgates'! "

If it makes you feel any better it was the first in years it was completely clear. No blockages at all.

"Friend had it done last week to help his sinuses. Said it was grand apart from opening his eyes and getting freaked seeing the needles sticking out of his face

If it makes you feel any better it was the first in years it was completely clear. No blockages at all. "

sounds like heaven

I couldn't, have had acupuncture a few times, was always torture, no way would I tolerate it on my face. (Never found much benefit from it either truth be told) I have sinus issues, mostly allergy related, only thing that works for me is saline rinses and a steroid nasal spray

By *l CaballeroMan  over a year ago

limerick

Rubs i had it done for sinus and it didnt really relieve it all i thought it was a waste i agree with Casey Lee saline rinses and the steroid spray is the way to go

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

"Like as a beauty treatment? No, but I've had lots of it on my face for various other issues.

Would you recommend it. Feck sure if it makes me beautiful too that'd be a bonus "

Have you got a diagnosis?

It's usually best to treat the origin of the symptom rather than the symptom only...if it's to do with TMD/TMJ (disorders of the joints, muscles and nerves of the jaw), then you might want to ask yourself why? Are you stressed, possibly grinding your teeth, suffered a trauma to the head etc...your dentist might be able to give advice here too...

I've never had acupuncture (needles ) but would personally always look at holistic treatments but definitely seek a diagnosis first.

If nothing else, you'll have moved/cleared some energy by manipulating acupressure points. That in itself can be very healing - and opening floodgates may be just what's needed to get rid of stagnant energy...

Sorry, I know I sound bonkers to some but I know the effect alternative treatments have had on me (not only in the form of receiving but also giving)

What have you got to lose bar 60ish quid or so for a session to try it

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

No idea in relation to sinus but it was the only thing that worked for 8 months of facial paralysis.

"If nothing else, you'll have moved/cleared some energy by manipulating acupressure points. That in itself can be very healing - and opening floodgates may be just what's needed to get rid of stagnant energy..."

Yeah i think it'll be worth it for that. Im carrying years of stress.

Thanks. xx

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

""If nothing else, you'll have moved/cleared some energy by manipulating acupressure points. That in itself can be very healing - and opening floodgates may be just what's needed to get rid of stagnant energy..."

Yeah i think it'll be worth it for that. Im carrying years of stress.

Thanks. xx "

Treat yourself and mind yourself

By *risharrowMan  over a year ago

Clare

its my sinuses too i think im also afraid treatment may 'open the floodgates'! "

Actually there is a good point, I had a very tight knot in each of my hamstrings so I asked the acupuncturist to help, when these needles went in I nearly hopped off the bed, normal you'd hardly notice them but these felt like they had been dipped in poison before using them. The acupuncturist left me to listen to the ocean sounds playing and the needles to there thing returning about 20 minutes later and removed them as the session was finished. I honestly couldn't stand when I came off the table. Me body was shaking. When I got meself together and left I felt euphoric but as it faded away the horrors came. I was having flash backs of past experiences and things which I thought no longer angered me. And I wasn't right for about a week so a disclaimer to all be careful what energies are released.

Actually there is a good point, I had a very tight knot in each of my hamstrings so I asked the acupuncturist to help, when these needles went in I nearly hopped off the bed, normal you'd hardly notice them but these felt like they had been dipped in poison before using them. The acupuncturist left me to listen to the ocean sounds playing and the needles to there thing returning about 20 minutes later and removed them as the session was finished. I honestly couldn't stand when I came off the table. Me body was shaking. When I got meself together and left I felt euphoric but as it faded away the horrors came. I was having flash backs of past experiences and things which I thought no longer angered me. And I wasn't right for about a week so a disclaimer to all be careful what energies are released."

Wow That must have been scary

They might stick them in somewhere else to treat that

I had needles in my ears for back pain. Was fucking horribly painful and they bled

By *ewrideMan  over a year ago

KK

No, and don't

By *208numeWoman  over a year ago

Navan

I have had acupuncture over the years...the skill of the practitioner is important and their ability to listen and consider your symptoms. The effects can be powerful as others have said. This might sound weird but if you choose to have it - surrender to it and imagine the energy (chi) moving. It is alternative, but worth considering. What you describe might be symptoms of something deeper (sometimes psychological stress can be held in the body). That’s not to be feared - it’s all connected and can resolve once you find the source. Hopefully you will find relief.

» Add a new message to this topic