FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Politically correct,where dose the bullshit stop

Politically correct,where dose the bullshit stop

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Where is it going to stop,people just mind there own business, pick up my kid from preschool last Friday, pop him up on my shoulders out to the public car park, daddy I want to go on the roof, I sad no but if you can clim up on away you go,the best 10 minutes I had with him.

But here where it goes pear-shape,I get a call from the X a few days ago asking what went on that day,I just said what we were at,I asked why, some of the teachers were looking out,and said that was unacceptable behaviour and a child needs bounders, got a call from the X today saying she thinks they were right I hung up after 20 seconds of this bull from her.

So just asking where dose it stop people with opinions and overstepping the mark ....and minding there own business

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Not sure "politically" is the word I'd use. But honestly I wouldn't let anyone kid of mine up on the roof of my car or appropriate to climb up on a car just my opinion though

Why,is a child not to clim anymore I standing with with then..

By *iscuits8Man  over a year ago

Meath / Dublin / Birmingham

That's... that's not political correctness at all.

"Why,is a child not to clim anymore I standing with with then.."

Climb a tree maybe but a car, might be your car but what's to say he's at home next week and put in the estate and climbs on your neighbours car.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

How old is the child...3 or 4 I presume

Its not political correctness to be concerned about a child in your care if you work in a school ....you're just concerned especially if its in their carpark

You're the parent and I'm sure you wouldn't like anything bad to happen your child but accidents happen

Because he know that my car that it,

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

It’s probably not the safest thing to do but you’re the parent and you’re also very close by . I think that when people break up sometimes instead of working together they have their fights through the children.

Safest strategy is to say something like

I was totally in control but I can see why someone might have thought it looked risky.

And just move on. Worth losing a few battles to win the war (you and your ex being civil enough for your child not to be upset by you fighting)

That's not political correctness. And I'd you were still on the preschool grounds then the health and safety as well as insurance concerns are the teachers business.

The welfare your ex's kids are her business too.

It maybe an overreaction from them but that's it

I think with all the crazy bullshit cases in the courts for damages schools and businesses have to protect themselves from potential law suits.

There was a case last year when a child fell into brambles at a playschool and was awarded €90k in damages. It's not like the olden days anymore

By *asual777Man  over a year ago

i travel all over

Sizes of Awards in Ireland are unsustainable .

By *ixenforfunWoman  over a year ago

banes mask

Ireland is litigation happy with the most ridiculous of cases being brought before the courts. The case mentioned above by rosie is just an example. What the teachers did wasnt political correctness and tbh it sounds like the OP is more pissed off his ex had a go at him over the safety of their child but im sure ranting to strangers on the internet about personal stuff will make him feel better

By *ohng69Man  over a year ago

athenry

I wouldn't call letting a child climb up and play on a car roof responsible parenting. I think the op's ex was well entitled to pull him up on it

By *edknobsMan  over a year ago

mullingar

"I think with all the crazy bullshit cases in the courts for damages schools and businesses have to protect themselves from potential law suits.

There was a case last year when a child fell into brambles at a playschool and was awarded €90k in damages. It's not like the olden days anymore "

Let's face it... we live in a society/era where we have to mind our Ps and Qs in what we say or do, incase it offends

The flip side being, the very representatives of the legal system that governs society's rules and regulations gets a slice/percentage of any payouts, plus the free legal aid involved in any such case.....

We are quick to shoot down and criticise elements but yet are accepting of the pure filth and state of our society.

Scumbag repeat offenders who do nothing all day only cause damage and look for an easy payout.... we accept it, and pay for the damage caused, while at the same time paying their defence...

Now, that's un-PC

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Kids aren't even allowed run in schoolyard now.if it was on school grounds teachers would have been right to say it.

Even outside of school grounds it shouldn't be done,I never see kids climbing on cars,anywhere.

A lot of separated fathers become too lenient when with their kids to compensate for not being always there,which isn't good

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Kids aren't even allowed run in schoolyard now.if it was on school grounds teachers would have been right to say it.

Even outside of school grounds it shouldn't be done,I never see kids climbing on cars,anywhere.

A lot of separated fathers become too lenient when with their kids to compensate for not being always there,which isn't good"

Some also do it to purposely undermine the other parent as well unfortunately.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"A lot of separated fathers become too lenient when with their kids to compensate for not being always there,which isn't good"

Same goes for a lot of separated/ working mums.

Many seperated mums and dad's equally coparent these days so nobody has anything to compensate for.

kildare

"A lot of separated fathers become too lenient when with their kids to compensate for not being always there,which isn't good

Same goes for a lot of separated/ working mums.

Many seperated mums and dad's equally coparent these days so nobody has anything to compensate for."

Yes I coparented 50 50

Which meant I wasn't there and lost out on 50% of their time.

That is a huge loss

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

"Why,is a child not to clim anymore I standing with with then..

Climb a tree maybe but a car, might be your car but what's to say he's at home next week and put in the estate and climbs on your neighbours car. "

DD I rarely disagree with you , but I sat on cars as a kid. Never once wanted to jump on a neighborhood car. It was my dads , uncle's,aunt's etc for a photo. That is not psychology. My dad put me on a car,I'll go on all cars . Where is the logic? Again just asking because giggles don't get wrong

Climb a tree maybe but a car, might be your car but what's to say he's at home next week and put in the estate and climbs on your neighbours car. DD I rarely disagree with you , but I sat on cars as a kid. Never once wanted to jump on a neighborhood car. It was my dads , uncle's,aunt's etc for a photo. That is not psychology. My dad put me on a car,I'll go on all cars . Where is the logic? Again just asking because giggles don't get wrong "

Maybe but I've watched neighbours kids act like monkeys up and down on the cars outside the house, I just personally think it's disrespectful of someone's property. Just like I wouldn't lean against someone's car in a car park

By *hilaboutMan  over a year ago

kilkenny

Ah ex was right it's a strange n dangerous habit to be be giving a child ..make him/her think it's the norm to climb up on car roofs plus the danger involved..you've no control once they move into the middle of the roof

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

That's Insurance Ireland for you.

In essence I think a lot of the people are mixing things up here in their replies.

First off, given the quality of the car builds these days, I wouldn't let my kid on the roof.

Second, yeah there is a safety concern where the same kid might end up falling and that's gonna be a problem.

Third, you'd be making a spectacle of your self, and inducing some kind of a jealous response, for sure

Fourth, you'd be giving ideas to other kids that this is fun and that it's a thing to do, so causing a headache to other parents

BUT, you had such fun with yer kid for those 10 minutes, and the memory might stick with you for life...

As for the X, she's just happy she has something over you so she can complain and rant...

I guess in the future consider the consequences of living in a nanny state, and ensure you are willing to pay the price of having a bit of fun...

Climb a tree maybe but a car, might be your car but what's to say he's at home next week and put in the estate and climbs on your neighbours car. DD I rarely disagree with you , but I sat on cars as a kid. Never once wanted to jump on a neighborhood car. It was my dads , uncle's,aunt's etc for a photo. That is not psychology. My dad put me on a car,I'll go on all cars . Where is the logic? Again just asking because giggles don't get wrong

Maybe but I've watched neighbours kids act like monkeys up and down on the cars outside the house, I just personally think it's disrespectful of someone's property. Just like I wouldn't lean against someone's car in a car park "

that's just shocking manners or lack there of. To be honest that would drive mad. I get annoyed at the football hitting the window lest I forget it was me at one point. But never that unruly. It was a thing to sit in a car in the 70s and 80s ,dont why. But that's no excuse 40 odd on for antisocial the

By *ordjeffMan  over a year ago

around and about ,as travel.

Got reprimanded for having my young child on my shoulders walking around a park !!

Health and safety. ..

"Got reprimanded for having my young child on my shoulders walking around a park !!

Health and safety.

"

That's a disgrace!!!

kildare

"Got reprimanded for having my young child on my shoulders walking around a park !!

Health and safety. ..

"

Hope you told them where to go and why

By *atherjackhackettMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

"Where is it going to stop,people just mind there own business, pick up my kid from preschool last Friday, pop him up on my shoulders out to the public car park, daddy I want to go on the roof, I sad no but if you can clim up on away you go,the best 10 minutes I had with him.

But here where it goes pear-shape,I get a call from the X a few days ago asking what went on that day,I just said what we were at,I asked why, some of the teachers were looking out,and said that was unacceptable behaviour and a child needs bounders, got a call from the X today saying she thinks they were right I hung up after 20 seconds of this bull from her.

So just asking where dose it stop people with opinions and overstepping the mark ....and minding there own business "

Nothing to do with pc. It's just parenting. Good, bad or otherwise.

"Where is it going to stop,people just mind there own business, pick up my kid from preschool last Friday, pop him up on my shoulders out to the public car park, daddy I want to go on the roof, I sad no but if you can clim up on away you go,the best 10 minutes I had with him.

So just asking where dose it stop people with opinions and overstepping the mark ....and minding there own business "

The reaction to your predicament reminds me of Harry Chapin’s song “So many colours in the Rianbow”

My opinion is that only you can develop a relationship with your child, you do your best as a father and do not let others stop you or feel guilty about it, continue to be the best dad you can be

[Removed by poster at 08/05/22 15:35:42]

somewhere

Whatever about the rights and wrongs I still remember as a child standing on the roof of my dads car at the back of the airport with planes coming in right above my head ...cars obviously stronger in those days

By *atekeeperAndKeymasterCouple  over a year ago

Derry/Donegal

It’s not political correctness. Listen let your kid climb of course but not on a car , not outside a school . Be sensible , we have trees , play parks , climbing walls , whatever . But if he decides that climbing on cars is ok and does it to someone else’s car it’s trouble waiting to happen

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Ah FFS! Would ye all get a feckin life!

When we were kids we were horses out of the house at 10am during summer and were shouted back at mealtimes. We ran through fields and forests, climbed trees and haybales 40ft high.

Would ye ever go take a long run off a short pier in a high storm giving out to a lad letting his kid climb onto the roof of his own car!

Ye need to cop on and let kids be kids FFS!

"Ah FFS! Would ye all get a feckin life!

When we were kids we were horses out of the house at 10am during summer and were shouted back at mealtimes. We ran through fields and forests, climbed trees and haybales 40ft high.

Would ye ever go take a long run off a short pier in a high storm giving out to a lad letting his kid climb onto the roof of his own car!

Ye need to cop on and let kids be kids FFS!"

I've never agreed with something so much.BUT we didn't have blatent p(do,) as we do now

https://youtu.be/YNbaM3XwByU

Captured perfectly on the report culture in ireland while the man rides us. But have ypu think it's your neighbour you've to watch out for

Live and let live

East / North, Cork

Unfortunately the people who have seen an accident as an earning opportunity have fucked this up for all of us. It HAS to be safety first because in that 1 out of 100 time that someone gets injured then someone gets a 50-100k insurance payout. That's the reason we can't climb on haystacks or climb trees witout safety harnesses. If you want to point a finger, them point at the greedy fuckers who take people to court for compensation.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Ye need to cop on and let kids be kids FFS!

Unfortunately the people who have seen an accident as an earning opportunity have fucked this up for all of us. It HAS to be safety first because in that 1 out of 100 time that someone gets injured then someone gets a 50-100k insurance payout. That's the reason we can't climb on haystacks or climb trees witout safety harnesses. If you want to point a finger, them point at the greedy fuckers who take people to court for compensation."

You could also blame the political system and its insurance legislation and regulation to allow this. It's absolutely ridiculous and has driven many businesses into bankruptcy.

Insurance companies are complicit in not telling the truth either!!!

I wonder why ...maybe it suits their profit margins to do so

and have one believe its your neighbour ripping you off with claiming, when it's the insurance company manipulating media and figures.to suit their agenda....look at any of the oreachtis hearing on insurance premiums in ireland .....white colar crime.at its best...

Saying anything different to this narrative and one is called a conspiracy theorist....

somewhere

Something's working ....my insurance is down another 20k this year after a drop last year.

East / North, Cork

"Something's working ....my insurance is down another 20k this year after a drop last year. "

My public liability went up again this year

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

I dunno, I was browsing the Web the other day on my desktop looking for midget porn. I clicked on a link and a few hundred pages opened up, clogging up my browser completely, each one displaying a message telling me that such images aren't allowed. Each time I closed one, two more would open up

Fucking pc gone mad!

East / North, Cork

Sure the insurance cartels are at fault too.. and the courts, and the government... but at the end of the day its the dad who chooses to take the school to court who instigates this. A fall off a car roof might pay to take the family to disneyland all expenses paid!

By *eastMan  over a year ago

Oranmore

It’s your kid, you play with him/her whatever you you like. Your a father so you know what’s safe and what isn’t.

The most important thing is to be a positive benign influence in your child’s life. Always be the best parent and in 18 years time don’t have any regrets.

You have to deal with your X, she is your X so don’t be arguing with her, just agree with her and move on. You don’t actually have to do anything she says, just do right by your kid.

By *sLittleRedRidingHoodWoman  over a year ago

Magical Forrest

Teachers just covering their backs and being nosy …

By *unsoundMan  over a year ago

Ennis

I'm the word of Jordan Peterson "You should let your kids do dangerous things carefully"

By *unsoundMan  over a year ago

Ennis

"Teachers just covering their backs and being nosy … "

Ummm I still see my neices and nephews do all this bar the haybales.

They just don't do it in school yards or business etc .....

Yes there are some ridiculous rules and restrictions business have to implement because of public liability. But its not like kids have to be locked up 23 hours and day and only left out in bubble wrap

» Add a new message to this topic