FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Ever Recognise anyone?

Ever Recognise anyone?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pl4fun99 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Drogheda

Hi all,

has anyone here ever come across anyone on fab who you recognised from the “real” world, and if so what did ye do, keep moving on or maybe wink/message

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *r_Insatiable666Man  over a year ago

Cork

We just avoid each other I think, I wouldn't care as long as it doesn't come back to my family

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

Taking a pic from F@ceb00k and putting it on Fab is never a good idea... even if your face is covered!

I ignored a few colleagues and clients on fab as none of my business if they're on Fab

By * la carteCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Yep, I knew a certain profile to be a certain someone I have been in contact with in the "real" world.

I left it at that until a Forum interaction after which I did let the person know who I was.

Considering where I knew the person from, I knew things would be friendly rather than awkward

By *o_armagh_manMan  over a year ago

Banbridge Area

Yes I met a lady who I knew from real life and would never have suspected of being on here until she sent me a picture...

Married, school teacher.. Who goes to church lol...

Who's to judge i suppose.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Discretion in perpetuity!

I saw a young woman today, in a very public arena in Belfast, whom I recognised from this site. She looks even better in the flesh!

By *ocforuMan  over a year ago

Cork City

I've seen someone from here and I just said hello like normal

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've not recognised anyone but I have been recognised. The person then threatened to tell my boss I was on here. I left the site after that. Can't understand why they would do that.

By *iva69Woman  over a year ago

Limerick

I've chatted to 3 guys that I know from the real world lol 2 of them I know 25 odd years and still wouldn't go there lol

By *ol_ieMan  over a year ago

Dublin west

Have recognised a few and even met people I know at socials and such.

No big deal as nothing to hide and sure they are there looking for the same stuff that I am.

I just leave them in peace.

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

Yes, a couple who I know to see but not to talk to. As I don't really know them IRL and as I wasn't what they were looking for here, I didn't contact them.

By *catMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Yes, happened to me too. I think it’s alright as long as everyone behaves very responsibly when these things happen. Turned out to be fun in my case

By *eddybear37Man  over a year ago

everywhere kildare longford

Yes and all is good

By *igred888Man  over a year ago

Kildare

Had a request from a nephew to meet as I usually meet younger people, he never realised thankfully who he was texting and sending his pics to

We have and we just move on. We block them if they're too close to home or that. Unfortunately haven't had the same experience from people who recognised us.

Yap I seen two I know, ignored one told the second I know them and who I am we chat away it’s nice having someone you trust hear to chat with out anyone looking to meet and someone recognised me told me they know me since school days so we just moved on and ignore each other now

By *teppenwolfMan  over a year ago

Cork

Yes

We chatted

All fine

Not a big thing with mature minds surely

Altho have heard of nightmare scenarios where people werent discreet

By *hocko87Man  over a year ago

dublin

I was just being polite she was looking for a plumber and I was able to describe to her her general location . She was gone in a second . I did not know who she was . I would never out a person .

I have recognised a few and been recognised. One is a neighbour and we were just honest, no hiding. Now we are naughty neighbours who play and its great fun.

I have another who likes to tell me they know me but wont tell me who they are. Its frustrating but what can you do. I dont let it bother me.

By *asantCouple  over a year ago

navan

Yeah recognised a guy on here we have chatted to had a bit of laugh messaging and so on he also gave us some great advise when we were starting out the do,s and the do nots which we are very thankful for, seen him out and about we just get on with things as normal as I think most people would do on this site as we are all here for the same thing and I believe it stays a private part of your life

By *ubberNumbersCouple  over a year ago

dublin

It has its pros and cons. Finding someone/couple you know personally might help with getting your foot in the door so to speak.

But if its someone you know but not very well it'd be a walk the other way situation.

We've recognised a few people we know but left it at that as we wouldn't be on that 'close'.

By *herry...Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I came across a colleague recognised her from clothing she was wearing, I just kept scrolling none of my business who uses the site, I would expect the same in return

"Hi all,

has anyone here ever come across anyone on fab who you recognised from the “real” world, and if so what did ye do, keep moving on or maybe wink/message "

Bumped into the male part of a couple in a Barbers on the Lisburn road, recognised his tattoos.I just nodded and said alright nice pics.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

I have cum across a few but no one i knew

Alright ill get my coat

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan  over a year ago

South Limerick

I did very recently. Said hello.... twice....got blanked ignored...twice....got blocked on chat and blocked here. Met this person at a recent m and g. If you can't handle the heat. Step out of the kitchen.

By *inkywife1981Couple  over a year ago

A town near you

We live outside a small town and have recognised 2 couples from the town

By *avan5Man  over a year ago

longford

I’ve seen loads of pics here and the same ones on Facebook and tinder. Probably not the greatest idea

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I did very recently. Said hello.... twice....got blanked ignored...twice....got blocked on chat and blocked here. Met this person at a recent m and g. If you can't handle the heat. Step out of the kitchen. "

Did you meet them first at the m&g

They might not want to say hello outside of that situation....its their choice especially if they were with people

I met someone last weekend at an event that I know since I was a kid.

I just laughed and said hello.

Went back after and said "look, we are both here for the same reason and none of our mutual friends know I'm on the site"

Yup recognised a handful so far

Yeah I've gotten random messages on Facebook from old work mates and stuff, you just take it in your stride,we're all here for the same thing.

[Removed by poster at 26/04/22 00:20:36]

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Yes I've been recognised and I've recognised a good few, if they don't mention fab then I don't bring it up.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Block and ignore

No haven’t recognised anyone or been recognised but would love to find someone I know on here just to know I’m not the bold one only lol

By *on Juan the MADridMan  over a year ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

Just concerned about very young ppl joining fabs at early stages so I wouldn’t like to find my child or his mates here.

By *ed just RedWoman  over a year ago

Dublin City

"Hi all,

has anyone here ever come across anyone on fab who you recognised from the “real” world, and if so what did ye do, keep moving on or maybe wink/message "

Yep very recently when he messaged me. Turned off my location. But I’m glad to say he was a consummate gentleman.

By *ac147Man  over a year ago

Belfast East

My(female) cousin!!!!!! Lol... The next family funeral will be interesting if nothing else. Lol..to be fair we both laughed it off, tho I don't think we both ever thought we'd see pics of each others bits :/

By *weetjuice21Man  over a year ago

Leinster

Just about respect

By *ecret_one42Man  over a year ago

Waterford City

"My(female) cousin!!!!!! Lol... The next family funeral will be interesting if nothing else. Lol..to be fair we both laughed it off, tho I don't think we both ever thought we'd see pics of each others bits :/"

Oh god, I discovered profiles of two female cousins on here!

Thankfully neither had explicit pics or anything and nothing on my profile would give away who I was… phew!

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

You do come across some people you know. But it's not something I'd bring up or say anything about. It's nobodies business.

By *leasureHunterMan  over a year ago

Co.Dublin

You look catch the eye and the little bow of the head .and whisper "I'll get you this weekend" ????

Some guy that I know mailed me here.....I'm straight, he's gay and obviously he doesn't know how I know him... I can never tell but I don't care about people's business and I trust everyone here should be of same mindset

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

Yes, recognised a few cples and singles and unfortunately some know I'm on here. I've had the looks from some men thst know I'm on here. I didn't think them knowing but somehow they found out

Normally I wouldn't mind, I'd just brazen it but it's a small town I live in with small town mentality which can be an issue.

A friend of mine is on the site - we discovered this during a conversation.

It's fantastic to be able talk so openly about it and not be made feel like it's anything 'weird'.

[Removed by poster at 27/04/22 09:05:11]

Yeah I messaged a lady but soon realised I was friends with her on Facebook , same pics. She's just separated from a buddy of mine. I was glad she is having so much fun their marriage wasn't the best .

By *on Juan the MADridMan  over a year ago

Lisbon/ North England/ Wales/ Madrid/

Few years ago I was in Badoo, then ladies there pretended to be shy in the first meeting and so on … I joined fabs cause one Badoo lady friend recommended to me and … surprise surprise… several … many !!! Badoo shy ladies were in fabs

My sister

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

We have noticed 2 or 3 we recognised, we just blocked and moved on

Yes has happened more than once

Fight club protocol with the lifestyle outside of the lifestyle

And have attended socials and events with one of them. A healthy respect for one another's individuality, being insecure about other stuff like meeting people is a waist of time.

Especially if I meet them.in the same playgrounds

By *razySexyCoolCorkWoman  over a year ago

Cork

I've recognised a few on here, one a relative.

I will never broach the subject to them and I don't judge so it's best to just ignore.

By *idnight and LaceCouple  over a year ago

your town

Yes we've come across a few people we know on here , less than a handful we haven't blocked and they know who we are others we knew who they were and blocked straight away,

By *ookwhoitishaMan  over a year ago

outside Strabane

Yeah....we toyed with the idea of meeting but thought better to leave it. I enjoy the wee sneaky smile when we see each other now

By *igkidexyMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Met my mate and his gf on this was bit shock then we. CHated we met up twice turn out be great time

There’s someone on here I used to work with. I’d contacted her years ago when I saw her on another “hookup” site, and she was really embarrassed, so I decided not to.

Kathy, if you’re reading this, I’m interested, but I understand if you’re not

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

"There’s someone on here I used to work with. I’d contacted her years ago when I saw her on another “hookup” site, and she was really embarrassed, so I decided not to.

Kathy, if you’re reading this, I’m interested, but I understand if you’re not "

Oh gwan then

But stop calling me Kathy in public

By *mooth 55Man  over a year ago

seaside

Meet 2 neighbors and my ex wife's friend here.. couldn't believe how much she craved cock and enjoyed sex.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Absolutely...shur what's the big deal...i recognise someone on a site that I'm on myself

By *B 4099Man  over a year ago

North West, Outer Letterkenny area

I sat with my best mate and explained this site to him. He had questions (as you would) I answered all I could . The private Nature etc. I showed him forums a redacted bit and he was taken a back as most people were chatting guff or friendly as you could be with no ulterior motive very good to see the perspective of a married man. Very lests say ------- and has his own bothers. Real gent in his actions . Now this is not a fan friend. This is a 37 year old friend

just nodded, smiled and kept on moving - the joys of a meet & greet.

By *ford dudeMan  over a year ago

County

Have met a few I knew on here from real life. Some I've messaged saying hi and others I haven't. Depends on the people and how likely we are to run into each other at something. If I think we will be going to the same event, I'd definitely get in touch first just to stop anyone getting a heart attack

We are all mostly here for the same thing. Have no interest in making others lives awkward and you would just hope they feel the same way.

So far a few years in, it's mostly working out!

By *omster1Man  over a year ago

Limerick

Yep on my first meet and greet I walked right into my 1st girlfriend and she was with her husband! And the meet was not even near our local area! Was funny, hi....

By *umpingJackFlashMan  over a year ago

Anywhere

"Hi all,

Met a guy I know really well tru fab. Was chatting with him tru here for a while and then exchanged pictures. Both of us recognised each other and then asked the question "oops what happens now" Decided to meet as we were both here for same reasons and two years later we still meet regulary. Were both adults and discreet so no issues really.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"We are all mostly here for the same thing. Have no interest in making others lives awkward and you would just hope they feel the same way.

So far a few years in, it's mostly working out! "

Unfortunately some here seem to specifically go out of their way to make other people feel awkward and would happily fuck up other people's real lives deliberately or otherwise. People you know are a big risk. You might get lucky like some on this thread who get hot sex out of it, or you might end up with your family getting sent copies of your private pics, or someone's husband or wife turning up at your door demanding explanations. Too risky.

By *teppenwolfMan  over a year ago

Cork

Previuos post points out harsh reality

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

"We are all mostly here for the same thing. Have no interest in making others lives awkward and you would just hope they feel the same way.

So far a few years in, it's mostly working out!

Unfortunately some here seem to specifically go out of their way to make other people feel awkward and would happily fuck up other people's real lives deliberately or otherwise. People you know are a big risk. You might get lucky like some on this thread who get hot sex out of it, or you might end up with your family getting sent copies of your private pics, or someone's husband or wife turning up at your door demanding explanations. Too risky."

I can testify this! I was very niave when I first joined and ended up having an awful experience. Some men can be cruel! I did question wether I wanted to continue with it because of my young family. One thing though, it has made me more cautious about the swinging scene.

By (user no longer on site) 36 weeks ago

A few years ago I went to a local cruising spot, when I arrived there was only one car parked up, I climb through the hedge in to the woods and see a guy, trousers around his ankles wanking away, he nodded and I join him, both wanking then wank each other, we both cum clean up and leave , nothing out of the ordinary.

About a month later I have to take my daughter to her new school to sort out her uniform , we are waiting in the reception area , we are called into an office and as we go in who’s there…. The guy from the woods earlier that month awkward or what obviously nothing was said but I was glad to get out of there

By *aseylee324Couple 36 weeks ago

Valley of Squinting Windows

The lad at the end of the road, I blocked him

A lady that works for me is on here. I recognised her from a tattoo

By *s SingletWoman 36 weeks ago

Kilkenny

I've seen local guys on here, I just block

I met a couple at a social who I would know from the real world but hey we both walked through the same door I wouldn't like to think I'd be judged

By *eard and BoobsCouple 36 weeks ago

Portstewart

Saw someone we had met for a cuppa and we decided not to go further so just ignored him and looked another direction

By *llthewaysMan 36 weeks ago

City centre/Naas

If you saw someone from Fab out in the real world so to speak, then you didn't see someone from Fab.

By *illy10willyMan 36 weeks ago

Belfast

"Yes I met a lady who I knew from real life and would never have suspected of being on here until she sent me a picture...

Married, school teacher.. Who goes to church lol...

Who's to judge i suppose. "

There plenty of them mate lol

By *ister90Man 36 weeks ago

Galway city

A girl that introduced to me to Fab almost accidentally set me up with a good friend of mine from my town

Just this morning actually. He's gay. I sent him the sexiest photo I had and asked him to ride me. He said yes. Lesson here is shoot your shot. We're all adults

By *ittlekinks38Woman 36 weeks ago

outside belfast x

Recognised and met a few at socials no biggy for me as we all here for the same thing really!! If anything it's exciting to meet people you know never know where it may lead

By *orYourThighsOnlyMan 36 weeks ago

Midlands

At a social parked beside someone who recognised me. I’ve a good memory but I got a brain fart on this one lol.

If she is reading this send me a message please.

By *aid backMan 36 weeks ago

by a lake with my rod out

Yeah a few times I tend to just not make a big deal of it. Tell them that I don't talk out of school and leave it at that.

Same when I see people from the scene in the real world I just keep walking unless they say anything to me.

We all have recognised people here. Just be adult about it and respect their privacy not everyone likes others to know their business. I just pop a note on their profile and avoid them.

By *onny17Man 36 weeks ago

Dublin

I once was on talking to a couple and borderline meet when I had to do a repair on things in a office I noticed the Mrs. Was blocked unfortunately when I tried contacting again... If you're reading this message me I don't bite

By *ofusplusCouple 36 weeks ago

Limerick

We've stopped attending our local (very large) Meet n Greet because of meeting people we know.

Luckily we live in a country where casual sex for both single men and women is acceptable, but swinging couples are still majorly frowned upon (especially in rural areas) so we have to be careful.

All it takes is to bump into an indescreet single guy we work with and we'll be the talk of the town. So unfair

By *ruckerfun91Man 36 weeks ago

ballyclare

Recognised some and had a catch up but that's it..... It's worse when you finally send them a face pic and they recognise you and wont say who they are .. puts me on edge incase they know the wife or family

By *electableicecreamMan 36 weeks ago

The West

I've been recognised by two different people I work with.

One sent me a polite heads up and we agreed that neither of us play with colleagues and that was that. We get on just fine.

The other sent me a bunch of unsolicited photos and I had to cut that conversation very short.

By *ister90Man 36 weeks ago

Galway city

"I've been recognised by two different people I work with.

One sent me a polite heads up and we agreed that neither of us play with colleagues and that was that. We get on just fine.

The other sent me a bunch of unsolicited photos and I had to cut that conversation very short."

Hey about that, I've sent you a pic my slimey hooded gentleman... please respond

By *uper duperMan 36 weeks ago

around

I recognised 2 guys I work with.

One had his face pic up and he was going out with a female colleague at the time. So I rang him to say did he know his face pic, he said thanks and took it down.

The other guy wanted to join me and my lady friend for a mfm.

Thankfully when he sent me his face picture he had facial hair and informed him my lady doesn't like facial hair.

But never mentioned who I was.

By *alway19Man 36 weeks ago

galway/ Westmeath

Yes, a girl I was talking to was convinced I was someone stealing someone else’s pictures until she wrote to me on Facebook and we hit it off straight away.

By *ealmc1973Man 36 weeks ago

Limerick, Clare, Tipperary

No...

I wish though, just out of curiosity, maybe we are neighbors

By *aptorman160Man 36 weeks ago

navan

I was messaging a woman and all was good after a bit off chatting we exchanged pic. Only to realise it was my married cousin she was more embarrassed that me. We both agreed never to speak about it again but there was some cheeky grinning at the last family funeral

By *illy10willyMan 36 weeks ago

Belfast

"We've stopped attending our local (very large) Meet n Greet because of meeting people we know.

Luckily we live in a country where casual sex for both single men and women is acceptable, but swinging couples are still majorly frowned upon (especially in rural areas) so we have to be careful.

All it takes is to bump into an indescreet single guy we work with and we'll be the talk of the town. So unfair "

Absolutely totally agree, I’m in a profession an have to be careful struggle to attend M&G because of that kinda behaviour

By *hiteKniteMan 36 weeks ago

Nearby

Happened to me a few times over the years. I just smile politely the same as I would with anyone else and don’t make any reference to it unless they do.

By *kinandbonesCouple 36 weeks ago

dublin

We were messaged by a couple whose cropped pic we recognised from Instagram but they've since split up. We recognised two single males too.

By *liviacdTV/TS 36 weeks ago

Greystones, Galway

Was at a social in the Gemini Club many years ago. Fortunately I was dressed and not easily recognisable. A fellow employee, whose boss I was came in. I very quickly disappeared, put my civvies on, and with the help of the other gurls, left undetected. I never ever referred to it in any way. I would have felt very compromised if I had been recognised, given my position. Didn't go back till I changed job a couple of years later! Never saw him there again!

By *inkywife1981Couple 36 weeks ago

A town near you

We have also been messaged by single guy a few time who we know to he married as he is a friend of hubby's father. He profile says single late 50s but we he is actually late 60s lol.

What's more he had a face pic as his profile pic, we mailed him back once and told him living in a rural area it wasn't wise to have a public face pic when your married. He changed his pic lol but still here with quite a few verifications!

By *o strings but a G-stringMan 36 weeks ago

city

It happens, but we're all here for the same thing so we need to accept that it's not as anonymous as we might hope for, but that wish for anonymity is rooted in catholic guilt.

I've seen a guy from work here, and just ignored him.

I've met a lady here, had great sex and since shared a cheeky glance and smile in Tesco.

I've met a married colleague here who is in an open relationship. That blossomed into the best sex of my life. We had a very good pre-existing friendship so much so that we were very nervous about adding sex to the mix. It changed our lives for the better and neither of us regretted it.

Peace and pleasure to all

» Add a new message to this topic