FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Red Wine from Bordeaux, Yes or No

Red Wine from Bordeaux, Yes or No

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uietcountryboy69 OP   Man  over a year ago

nearby

Its fair to say, I like a little glass of good value red wine. There are a few certain brand names that are good value that I can be assured of being good quality that I can enjoy. Worth mentioning are, Mission Sud, 19crimes, Burempart, Cotes du Rhone, rioja, and also some nice California red such as I love Cabernet Sauvignon. But, the reason I'm posting this notice is because, I've bought a few non quality bottles with brand name Bordeaux on them over the last 2 years or so. Previously, I had a basic expectation that anything with Bordeaux on the label was bulletproof, THI IS NO LONGER THE CASE. Now ,I'm finding 3 of 5 wins I have had from Bordeaux is bad wine, and I feeling I'm being done, I'm wondering, is Bordeaux wine just gone bad or are there many infiltrators into the supply chain that are tarnishing the good reputation of a former quality wine producing brand, I'm quiet interested to hear your comments to see if you agree with me or not,

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rankbMan  over a year ago

around

I like mine from aldi!

nearby

Just Tonight, I have a Chateau Michelet 2019, I think about €10, but, it tastes like a bottle of red vinegar, I suppose, I'm looking for acknowledgment of my opinions by a better expert than myself and also , some recommendations for an alternative option.

At the same time, I do also want to highlight that there are bad wines being sold and us as consumers need to be aware that the quality is not up to the mark, Best wishes, Please reply and discuss if you read this,

nearby

I am having a Chateau Michelet 2019 from Bordeaux tonight, Its like large bottle of Red Vinegar.

I guess I'm basically asking wine consumers here to simply express a yes or a no from your experience of having a red wine from Bordeaux , have you lied it or not, YES OR NO IN THE COMMENTS PLEASE,

i HOPE THIS WILL BE AN INFORMATIVE POST,

best wishes everyone,

If , by chance your not sure what to post, go buy a bottle of red with a bordeaus label, consume, enjoy or else dont enjoy , and post YES OR NO IN YOUR REPLY AFTER THAT,

best wishes, _uietcountryboy69 xx

By *indenMan  over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

Grape harvests have been effected through many of the wine producing regions for a variety of reasons for a while now, this has effected the ability to fulfil orders, and perhaps use juice of a lesser quality than they usually would use, perhaps hoping their name will pull them through to the following year when they would hope for a better harvest and better quality.

The other problem is that you could be expecting to much from them, many of the other wines you mentioned are punching well above their weight, certainly in terms of value, it many not necessarily be that the quality of Bordeaux wine had gone down, it may be that many others are now so good.

Only way to be sure is to taste them all…..

nearby

Hello Linden,

thank you for your reply,

In my opinion , you are quiet right, some of these other producers are punching above their weight, they are doing a dam good job, there is some lovely stuff on the market right now, and some of this can be got for about €10 or down to somewhere close to even €8.00

As a simple basic consumer, I'm totally unaware of any constraints at the manufacturing end, but, at the same time, I have a basic expectation for quality with anything that wears a label with Bordeaux on it. Maybe, I'm just being a keyboard warrior here, but, I would like to ask the question

Does red wine from Bordeaux deserve a yes for nice or no for bad, Yeahh or Neeiighh I guess, ONLY AFTER YOU HAVE HAD SOME, GET SOME INTO YOU AND TALK BACK TO ME ANYBODY,

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Mate, as far as I'm aware, for a wine to call itself Bordeaux it has to be from that region. Maybe there are newer vineyards in the area taking advantage? But I'm pretty sure Bordeaux is a protected appellation

By *ornybarMan  over a year ago

clonmel

I find that a lot of Bordeaux wines. Need time to breath. Open them a good half hour before drinking them. And have them at room temperature. They are not nice cold

Well it only rates a 3.3 from over 400 reviews so that says it all

Best stick with a good year of Chateau Palmer I find

Download the Vivino app. Very handy when buying wines. You can scan and get Instant reviews.

Bordeax wine has to be produced in that region of France, if not its not a bordeax wine. Any wine that is bottled and on the shelves I a 1-2year period after bottling may not be the best choice for quality Red wine. A program I watched last year about wine suggested anything between 1-3 years would be hit and miss due to the short aging process. I would recommend a Michel Lynch red bordeax 2009-2014 can be lucked up for about 13euro

» Add a new message to this topic