FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Going back to college

Going back to college

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Tomorrow I'm taking the big step of going back to college part time. For anyone that's interested check out Springboard courses.

The Springboard+ upskilling initiative in higher education offers free and subsidised courses at certificate, degree and masters level leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the economy.

I think it's a great initiative I wouldn't have being able to afford the cost of the course. So I thought other people here that hadn't heard of this opportunity might be interested.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

aww missus this is fantastic to hear im super delighted for you.

il for sure check out that site as I had no clue x

By *obshortMan  over a year ago

Cork

Good for you Rosy. Best of luck with your future.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

Best of luck with it Rosy

By *rent AcidMan  over a year ago

Firhouse

Just finished a springboard course myself in NCI back in august, a great way to upskill without breaking the bank ... best of luck with it!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Best of luck at it.

It be hard going but well worth it when its over.

Good luck! Friend is going back to do social work in her late 30s. Fair play I say

By *ewrideMan  over a year ago

KK

Did a springboard course myself a few years ago. Was a lovely break from working life and learned some great things, even if it hasn't done much for me career wise

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fetchcourses.ie is also a good place to look for courses. It offers a wide variety of life-long education options. FET includes apprenticeships, traineeships, Post Leaving Cert (PLC) courses, community and adult education as well as core literacy and numeracy services. FET courses and programmes are provided through the Education and Training Board network throughout the country as well as through other local providers including online. I know quite a few people like myself lost their jobs during pandemic so it's a good time to unskill. Lot of courses starting around now

Its not an easy decision to up sticks and go back to the books but I take my hat off to you and wish you the very best in this new chapter in your life.

Well done Rosy

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

"Tomorrow I'm taking the big step of going back to college part time. For anyone that's interested check out Springboard courses.

The Springboard+ upskilling initiative in higher education offers free and subsidised courses at certificate, degree and masters level leading to qualifications in areas where there are employment opportunities in the economy.

I think it's a great initiative I wouldn't have being able to afford the cost of the course. So I thought other people here that hadn't heard of this opportunity might be interested. "

Best of luck with it...are you looking to change career

By *rutus83Man  over a year ago

naas

Best of luck with the course and thanks I was thinking of doing some part time courses

Jaysus fair play..nearly killed me getting thru it first time

"Tomorrow I'm taking the big step of going back to college part time. For anyone that's interested check out Springboard courses.

I think it's a great initiative I wouldn't have being able to afford the cost of the course. So I thought other people here that hadn't heard of this opportunity might be interested. "

Good luck miss! Enjoy the journey and don't forget to get your arse to the library!

Fair play to ya Rosy. Did similar in UK 15 years ago and never been out of work since.

By *ubblegumandLimeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Fair play and best of luck. Mr&Mrs x

By *ipmannMan  over a year ago

Cahir

Brave move. Best of Luck.

Best of Luck Rosy! I've done something similar and started last week. I now realise I do not have the same attention span I had in college

» Add a new message to this topic