FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Mafia - Game

Mafia - Game

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Awk I know a good while ago we tried a variant of this game and subsequent similar ones since but I think the mystery of the original format was enthralling, lends itself well to the forum and thought why not chance giving it another go with the true original!

If there's enough interest then this thread will just be for people to say they're "in", to iron out the rules of the game and bounce ideas off one another, before starting a new one for the game itself later on down the line

Ultimately, as ever, the hope is not just a bit of fun but also a chance for some interactions amongst Fabbers!

It's a whole lot easier than it'll sound and I think 10-14 days is the best and maximum it can last!... Essentially, set in 1920s Fabhattan, there will be citizens and the Mafia!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

- Depending on how many join in there will be roughly one gangster for every seven citizens and I will message everyone who joins what their role is!

- There is a designated 'daytime' and 'night-time'

- Everyone can discuss on the thread who they think the Mafia are, who themselves will obviously bluff, and just general stuff too sure!

However, only during the 'daytime' will citizens vote for who they believe is a gangster and at the end of the day that person will be eliminated from the game!

- If a person is eliminated they can still join in the craic but they can't vote or sway other players

- If citizens vote for someone who is in the Mafia that's obviously a good thing! However, if it's a fellow citizen then that benefits the mob!

- During the 'night-time' the Mafia, via private messages or the like so long as it's not in public obviously, will discuss and vote for the one citizen they wish to take out!

They'll send that name on to me and I'll post in the morning who is sleeping with the fishes

- There will also be a detective, unknown to everyone publicly at the start, who may choose to reveal their role themselves though!

Their role is to investigate one citizen each night by asking me what their role is...and I'll tell them!

However, if they reveal their role and why they're voting for someone...the mob may put a hit out on them! So they must use their intel wisely!

- For the citizens to win they must vote out all of the Mafia!

- For the mob to win they must avoid being voted out and last until there is an equal number of them to citizens!

As it's unlike the recent games, with a group of players starting as the protagonists as opposed to just one, we may need good numbers!

However, if there's only a few interested we can always adjust it back to previous formats of just one player starting off building their criminal empire!

By *iss3BWoman  over a year ago

north down

Oh I love these games....I'm in please

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds fun. I'm in!

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

My ship is just docking and awaiting immigration clearance at Ellis Island. I’ll be in the city soon

By *limfitladMan  over a year ago

Dublin & Galway

I'm in.

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

I'm in

By *umpingJackFlashMan  over a year ago

Anywhere

Oh yes please. Always wanted to be a monster. "Lemme explain how the business works" I'm in boss.

Only need about a dozen to make it work so fingers crossed we can get going soon enough

Nothing lost if not!

By *ettaManMan  over a year ago

Kerry and Dublin

I love the irl game and have heard of people playing it online, so I'll give it a go

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

"Only need about a dozen to make it work so fingers crossed we can get going soon enough

Nothing lost if not! "

Hopefully it works out then! I've enjoyed your games so far.

By *1n_eaterMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

I'm in

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I'm in too Pete

By *omenameTV/TS  over a year ago

GALWAY

Count me in too