FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Phone number swapping

Phone number swapping

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ebelRoad OP   Man  over a year ago

Cork / Wexford

Need my fellow Fabbers advice.

I have been messaging someone on both here and KiK.

She suggested we should swap phone numbers to talk properly.

We have swapped pictures, all very clean so far.

I had a really bad experience with swapping numbers before and it has made me stop giving my number out.

Am I being too cautious?

Thanks in advance

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Stick with kik if that's what you prefer

By *ara198Woman  over a year ago

maynooth

If you are concerned then don't give number, although its easy to block a number now on your phone. The phone is quicker and easier but comes with a risk, but so does kik.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Need my fellow Fabbers advice.

I had a really bad experience with swapping numbers before and it has made me stop giving my number out.

Am I being too cautious?

Thanks in advance "

Is your phone number attached to your social media via whatsapp or insta....do whatever you're comfortable with

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Maybe try set up a few video calls with her and see how you get on

Easy to explain. If she puts notifications on KiK is no different to messaging. No need if you've had a bad experience.

Maybe even tell her the bad experience. If she understands all good. If she doesn't then bullet dodged.

If you have Facebook Messenger installed on your phone (which is pretty much everyone nowadays), that means that you have linked your phone number to Facebook.

#1 Just enter someone's phone number into Facebook login and hit "I Forgot My Password" .

Then "Is this your profile?" will pop up. Showing you the Facebook profile of whoever owns that number.

#2 Save a person's phone number to your phone, check their WhatsApp profile username, and 9 times out of 10, its the same as their Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram.

#3 Save their number to your Google contacts and the next day, they will show up as a recommended contact on Linkdin. You can pull their Gmail from their Linkdin bio and use it to find pretty much any social media platform they are registered with that email address.

... or so I am led to believe. Give out your phone number at your own risk.

By *allyWally19Woman  over a year ago

The Road to Nowhere

Hey OP. I don't give my number unless I've met someone & see if I'm gonna meet them again, not just on fab but when I've had profiles on online dating apps.

Had a bad experience myself with a guy from POF and the hassle of changing my number & changing my Facebook profile was just meh.

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

"Hey OP. I don't give my number unless I've met someone & see if I'm gonna meet them again, not just on fab but when I've had profiles on online dating apps.

Had a bad experience myself with a guy from POF and the hassle of changing my number & changing my Facebook profile was just meh. "

It's sickening that some think that this kind of behavior is acceptable

By *unsigntwoCouple  over a year ago

athlone

Why not just get a phone and use it only for swing !!! Much better then handing out ur private number

By *lameBoyMan  over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

I have chatted with two ladies on fab for considerable time and we exchanged numbers. Ladies I have met with exchanged numbers. To date I have had no issues with it. If you trust each other enough to meet and have sex then exchanging numbers shouldn’t be an issue.

If you’re unsure about giving her your number and she wants to voice chat, get hers and call her from a withheld number.

By *ark751000Man  over a year ago

wexford

You could use Wire for calls and messages without exchanging numbers

By *ay MMan  over a year ago

Cavan

"If you have Facebook Messenger installed on your phone (which is pretty much everyone nowadays), that means that you have linked your phone number to Facebook.

#1 Just enter someone's phone number into Facebook login and hit "I Forgot My Password" .

Then "Is this your profile?" will pop up. Showing you the Facebook profile of whoever owns that number.

#2 Save a person's phone number to your phone, check their WhatsApp profile username, and 9 times out of 10, its the same as their Twitter, Snapchat or Instagram.

#3 Save their number to your Google contacts and the next day, they will show up as a recommended contact on Linkdin. You can pull their Gmail from their Linkdin bio and use it to find pretty much any social media platform they are registered with that email address.

"

wow!!!!

Morale of the story nothing is safe, least of all your privacy

By *t777Woman  over a year ago

close by

Install wire, you can text, cam and call but no numbers are used

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

[Removed by poster at 16/06/21 01:09:07]

By *ilderMan  over a year ago

dublin

Use the signal app instead. You can make calls on that

By *ancy38Woman  over a year ago

galway

Kik or phone with dual sim. It's thst simple.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't give out my number on here unless it's someone I've met and trust .Apart from that I won't give out my number and I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of getting a phone just for here.

By *1n_eaterMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Take your time and never be rushed into anything by anyone. When you feel it's right to give your phone number out then do it.

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Get a cheap pay as you go "fabphone" if you want to be able to talk using phone numbers. Otherwise either say no, or use an app

Don't let others pressure you into something you aren't comfortable with. I've never given my phone number to another fabber, nor do I see the need for a separate phone, kik does just fine, if people don't like it, too bad.

"If you have Facebook Messenger installed on your phone (which is pretty much everyone nowadays), that means that you have linked your phone number to Facebook.

"

Holy shit

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"

One of the reasons so many people have changed their Facebook name to something generic or use their middle name rather than surname.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

If you're not comfortable, don't do it! You're allowed to have boundaries.

By *llsbells Unicorn11Woman  over a year ago

Sligo

"

You can get messenger without having a Facebook account.

Buy a cheap phone just for fab contacts then you won't have to worry then. Simple really

By *hloe sussexTV/TS  over a year ago

Larne

Am I being too cautious?

Thanks in advance "

Get a cheap spare phone and swap easy way of checking she is a female too lol

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

If the person has been on the site for some time and is well-verified, you're probably safe enough. I have met with women from the site who have insisted on a phone chat before meeting and because they were well-established and verified, I felt safe enough in doing so.

If it's a reasonably new profile, with no verifications and you aren't at the stage of an imminent meet, yet they're insisting on a phone call because of some unspecified difficulty with Kik, my own alarm bells would probably begin to ring.

"I have chatted with two ladies on fab for considerable time and we exchanged numbers. Ladies I have met with exchanged numbers. To date I have had no issues with it. If you trust each other enough to meet and have sex then exchanging numbers shouldn’t be an issue.

If you’re unsure about giving her your number and she wants to voice chat, get hers and call her from a withheld number. "

Wise words

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

"If the person has been on the site for some time and is well-verified, you're probably safe enough. I have met with women from the site who have insisted on a phone chat before meeting and because they were well-established and verified, I felt safe enough in doing so.

If it's a reasonably new profile, with no verifications and you aren't at the stage of an imminent meet, yet they're insisting on a phone call because of some unspecified difficulty with Kik, my own alarm bells would probably begin to ring. "

Anyone, well verified or not, insisting on a phone number would have every single alarm bell ringing for me.

"If the person has been on the site for some time and is well-verified, you're probably safe enough. I have met with women from the site who have insisted on a phone chat before meeting and because they were well-established and verified, I felt safe enough in doing so.

If it's a reasonably new profile, with no verifications and you aren't at the stage of an imminent meet, yet they're insisting on a phone call because of some unspecified difficulty with Kik, my own alarm bells would probably begin to ring.

Anyone, well verified or not, insisting on a phone number would have every single alarm bell ringing for me."

Same for me

belfast

Anyone, well verified or not, insisting on a phone number would have every single alarm bell ringing for me.

Same for me "

It wasn't so much insisting on a phone number as 'look, before we meet, I like to speak to a guy on the phone to know he's legit and get an idea of what he's like.' Which I can understand being a sensible precaution for a woman before she passes out her address to him.

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Same for me

It wasn't so much insisting on a phone number as 'look, before we meet, I like to speak to a guy on the phone to know he's legit and get an idea of what he's like.' Which I can understand being a sensible precaution for a woman before she passes out her address to him. "

Can’t say I get that either…anyone can sound perfectly sane on a phone call

Belfast

Why would anyone who is so safety conscious stall over giving out a phone number but yet hand out their address?

Whether they can accommodate or not I wouldn't be going to anyone's home until we had met a few times and were more comfortable in each others company.

belfast

Same for me

It wasn't so much insisting on a phone number as 'look, before we meet, I like to speak to a guy on the phone to know he's legit and get an idea of what he's like.' Which I can understand being a sensible precaution for a woman before she passes out her address to him.

Can’t say I get that either…anyone can sound perfectly sane on a phone call"

I guess some people rely on their gut but yeah, I know what you mean.

By *ebelRoad OP   Man  over a year ago

Cork / Wexford

Thanks all for your advice.

Thankfully I have common sense and very wary so not giving phone number out.

I think the suggestion of a Fab phone is a great one and may go that route.

Could always go the virtual number route, then you're not giving out your number but they can ring you using the number you give unless you wish contact to end. Always ring them back from withheld number.

Text messages can't use these services though

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"Could always go the virtual number route, then you're not giving out your number but they can ring you using the number you give unless you wish contact to end. Always ring them back from withheld number.

Text messages can't use these services though"

kik

By *ancleelad1Man  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

Propa filthy bi of upfor some propa filthy phone fun

somewhere

"Propa filthy bi of upfor some propa filthy phone fun "

Nidge... is that you

By *ancleelad1Man  over a year ago

Cleethorpes

What ya mean mate?

somewhere

"What ya mean mate?"

Sent you a pm

By *DSGCouple  over a year ago

That place in

I was told to remove my phone number from Facebook from the start as it links to most of soical media these days

We have given out our number and so far so good, we never had a problem yet!

Any ladies or older guys fancy a chat, feel free to pm me ur number xx

Belfast

"Any ladies or older guys fancy a chat, feel free to pm me ur number xx"

Strange request given the content of the rest of the thread

If you're questioning if you should give your number then don't otherwise I don't think you would be questioning it

I was the same, used to give my number out willy-nilly, had to learn the hard way

Now unless it's someone I've chatted to for a long time, get on with, who are just a load of craic and aren't INSISTING on number swaps but more of a casual ask to swap then I'd be ok with it but if I'm still a but iffy for whatever reason I'd ask for meet in public place first as you get more of a feeling for someone in person than over the web, kik and so on. I listen to my gut these days, used to listen to the the lil guy but most of that guys advice sucks......ironically

By *ynchro85Man  over a year ago

morecabe congleton

"

I did not know that !!

I did not know that !! "

Yeah suprising how many times I've had a phone number added to my contacts and shortly after that person will become a recommended friend..

I'll like to keep my privates private thank you very much..

Anyone, well verified or not, insisting on a phone number would have every single alarm bell ringing for me."

I agree with all of this. It's a fairly good way to gauge it however for me it would send alarm bells ringing too.

Speaking from experience I've actually received a couple of numbers and the offer to use them was put to me. I could have chosen then to hide mine. I've also once sent my number to someone who wasn't on Kik but I never asked for a number and was totally fine if the number was withheld also.

I agree with all of this. It's a fairly good way to gauge it however for me it would send alarm bells ringing too.

Speaking from experience I've actually received a couple of numbers and the offer to use them was put to me. I could have chosen then to hide mine. I've also once sent my number to someone who wasn't on Kik but I never asked for a number and was totally fine if the number was withheld also."

Worse.. getting a stalker that ends with them blowing up your phone every 5 min looking for a meet. Hey I'm game but jeez not every few min..

By *ewrideMan  over a year ago

KK

Somewhat related - check out parallel apps on your phone (might be Android only)

By *ercc63Man  over a year ago

Hillsborough

Had my facebook accessed from Kik

"Why not just get a phone and use it only for swing !!! Much better then handing out ur private number "

Am I being too cautious?

Thanks in advance "

If something doesn't feel right it more than likely isn't. Go with your instinct.

I gave my number before to a guy who I had met...normal behaviour yes. Just so we could talk etc...before the meet. He always and every had his number hidden & it's not like I can't be trusted or whatever.

He used to ring me unannounced several times a day on his unknown number. I couldn't even block him ... He turned into a stalker also as in calling to my house at anytime of day unannounced. I stupidly let him drive me home one day & that's how he knows where I live...Long Story...Too long to write it all here...It's mini-book material tbh.

Am I being too cautious?

Thanks in advance

If something doesn't feel right it more than likely isn't. Go with your instinct.

I gave my number before to a guy who I had met...normal behaviour yes. Just so we could talk etc...before the meet. He always and every had his number hidden & it's not like I can't be trusted or whatever.

He used to ring me unannounced several times a day on his unknown number. I couldn't even block him ... He turned into a stalker also as in calling to my house at anytime of day unannounced. I stupidly let him drive me home one day & that's how he knows where I live...Long Story...Too long to write it all here...It's mini-book material tbh."

Answer the call and inform him that you are handing your phone to the Gardai and they will be dealing with the matter from now on.

Am I being too cautious?

Thanks in advance

He used to ring me unannounced several times a day on his unknown number. I couldn't even block him ... He turned into a stalker also as in calling to my house at anytime of day unannounced. I stupidly let him drive me home one day & that's how he knows where I live...Long Story...Too long to write it all here...It's mini-book material tbh.

Answer the call and inform him that you are handing your phone to the Gardai and they will be dealing with the matter from now on."

Thanks...that's a good idea actually... I did tell him if he didn't stop calling to my house unannounced I'd have to tell the Gardai...he has stopped that for now...but I just had an unknown number ringing my phone 5 mins after I logged in here...it's defo him.

somewhere

My phone allows me to block unknown numbers completely so it doesn't ring

I'm on Android

"My phone allows me to block unknown numbers completely so it doesn't ring

I'm on Android "

Really, Brill. I must find that setting on my phone now

somewhere

I'm on Android

Really, Brill. I must find that setting on my phone now "

Bring up your keypad

Click on the 3 dots on top right of screen to bring up settings

Block numbers is the first setting

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

I'm on Android

Really, Brill. I must find that setting on my phone now "

Contact list....click on your 3 dots...down to settings...

There ya go

I'm on Android

Really, Brill. I must find that setting on my phone now

Contact list....click on your 3 dots...down to settings...

There ya go"

Thanks I got it on my Optimiser app. I've blocked all withheld/unknown numbers.

» Add a new message to this topic