FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Is Are Lingus finished?

Is Are Lingus finished?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ubal1 OP   Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The continuing economic fallout from the Covid pandemic has resulted in the demise of Stobart Air, that traded as Are Lingus commuter and regional routes.

Aer Lingus itself has cancelled many routes because of a lack of demand.

How long will it be before the national carrier is swallowed up by the Ryanair behemoth?

Probably before the end of this year?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Its not a national carrier those days are well gone

Stobart made money once in 6 yrs bdfore covid hit and tried to sell to anyone

Unfortunately the guy they picked had no money and no plan

By *lassy lady 216Woman  over a year ago

Craigavon

They better not my brother in law is a pilot with aerlingus hasn't worked in 18months only qualified a month before all this mess started

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Yeah they aren't a national carrier.. and more and more small airlines will be going titsup across the world. Its not their fault really their market disappeared. Its the natural order of things. Once there is demand again for these flights then someone will service the route.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yeah they aren't a national carrier.. and more and more small airlines will be going titsup across the world. Its not their fault really their market disappeared. Its the natural order of things. Once there is demand again for these flights then someone will service the route."

Precisely, that's the nature of business

By *tockings199Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Maybe we should set up a mile high group to help get the airlines back in business, all messing aside I do feel sorry for all the staff affected

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

"Maybe we should set up a mile high group to help get the airlines back in business, all messing aside I do feel sorry for all the staff affected "

The covid digital certificate scheme is the route back for the airline industry. They need customers not handouts.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"Maybe we should set up a mile high group to help get the airlines back in business, all messing aside I do feel sorry for all the staff affected

The covid digital certificate scheme is the route back for the airline industry. They need customers not handouts. "

I've put my vaccination card into my passport as I think I'll need it there when I next get on a plane hopefully later in the year.

A huge problem for airlines apart from lack of customers is that in future business customers might no longer be travelling and they're the most profitable part of the plane

We've learned how to do business via calls and emails only and no longer feel the absolute need to see a customer face to face

Aer lingus used regional to get business passengers to Dublin, pre cleared to USA and then onto their planes...all profitable for Aer lingus but not the regional.

By *Sparkie.Man  over a year ago

Ratoath

The solution is vaccination and the ability to travel, once we are all vaccinated I don't see an issue with Air Travel.

A lot of international companies have adapted remote meetings as opposed to travelling for them, however this will only make a small impact, I think more people will travel once everyone is vaccinated

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ryanair can absorb aer lingus European customers and American carriers can do the rest.

It's a decision for IAG the parent company

» Add a new message to this topic