FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Lidl Leading.

Lidl Leading.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rmrs1234 OP   Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Lidl have announced they are recognising early pregnancy loss and miscarriage as a bereavement and will be including it in their compassionate leave policy alongside 24 hour access to the employee assistance programme for mental health. Amazing stuff

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It takes the foreign companies to show the Irish ones how its done... Well done Lidl..

Excellent news! Way to go Lidl!

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I read during the week that it would be policy going forward for a few companies

When i joined my company in the 80's I replaced a woman who lost twins after 4 months and was sacked for taking time off

I'm sure that was the norm

It seems medieval now

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

The free marketing bonus is well worth the small amount of time off they will have to give staff off

Waterford

"I read during the week that it would be policy going forward for a few companies

When i joined my company in the 80's I replaced a woman who lost twins after 4 months and was sacked for taking time off

It seems medieval now "

Wasnt just the 80s BM. Some places are less than understanding when it comes to this. Im sure people will have negativity towards the announcement but its a step in the right direction

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"I read during the week that it would be policy going forward for a few companies

It seems medieval now

Wasnt just the 80s BM. Some places are less than understanding when it comes to this. Im sure people will have negativity towards the announcement but its a step in the right direction"

Anyone finding negativity in a company treating staff as human beings rather than just a number need to give their heads a wobble. Well done Lidl. Leading the way again.

Waterford

It seems medieval now

Wasnt just the 80s BM. Some places are less than understanding when it comes to this. Im sure people will have negativity towards the announcement but its a step in the right direction

Anyone finding negativity in a company treating staff as human beings rather than just a number need to give their heads a wobble. Well done Lidl. Leading the way again. "

Theres ALWAYS gonna be someone lol. But you are totally right RB.

"The free marketing bonus is well worth the small amount of time off they will have to give staff off"

More power to them . Really progressive move. They deserve positive recognition for taking such a step.

East / North, Cork

I've done business with Lidl. I know how they treat their suppliers. I also know they have a very slick and shrewd marketing dept. Its great that women are getting this kind of support, but don't be nieve as to the reason why.

By *Belfast_FellaMan  over a year ago

belfast

Fair play.

It seems medieval now

Anyone finding negativity in a company treating staff as human beings rather than just a number need to give their heads a wobble. Well done Lidl. Leading the way again. "

Oh they do treat their staff as a number in many other ways that I can verify ... leading the way that's laughable

Belfast

I've dealt with Lidl both directly and indirectly and I'm well aware of the way they treat suppliers and staff in general.

I've also seen the way they and other big companies see their staff as just another commodity and I've no doubt the advertising dept see this as free publicity.

Regardless, it's a forward step and the more companies that pick up on it the sooner it will become the norm so for that reason it has to be a positive initiative.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't in some people's eyes.

"I've done business with Lidl. I know how they treat their suppliers. I also know they have a very slick and shrewd marketing dept. Its great that women are getting this kind of support, but don't be nieve as to the reason why."

Important thing is they've introduced it. Now let the rest of them follow on

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

It's a great place to work but getting in there is harder than getting a meet here

East / North, Cork

Its no surprise that this is a move that will gain the approval of their main demographic which is mums of childbearing age. Big business exists for the purpose of enriching shareholders. Thats it. They care about their employees in the same way as they care about their truck maintenance. Its just something else that needs doing to keep the show on the road and the shareholder value ticking over.

East / North, Cork

"I've done business with Lidl. I know how they treat their suppliers. I also know they have a very slick and shrewd marketing dept. Its great that women are getting this kind of support, but don't be nieve as to the reason why.

Important thing is they've introduced it. Now let the rest of them follow on"

I sincerely hope others DO follow. This is the way change often happens. What's good for the goose is truly also good for the gander.

"Lidl have announced they are recognising early pregnancy loss and miscarriage as a bereavement and will be including it in their compassionate leave policy alongside 24 hour access to the employee assistance programme for mental health. Amazing stuff"

Big step up from the crap they use to pull 20 years ago when some women found themselves in that situation. The company has come a long way but not as much as they should in this day and age.

Why do they try to drive growers out of business if they are so great

Belfast

A company I worked for got a call from Lidl in a panic because they had been let down by a supplier for one specific item they had on promotion.

We were able to source it but Lidl refused to pay more than what it was costing us but with a promise of further business I sent 2 drivers I needed for other work that day off at 4 am to collect 42 pallets and deliver to the distribution centre.

They refused the entire order because it wasn't delivered on euro pallets. The drivers then had a 2 hr drive back to base where it took 4 staff most of the day to rebuild the load before despatch again that evening with 2 different drivers.

Fuel and overtime cost us a couple of grand as well as the knock-on effects and we made nothing on the load as they got it at cost. We never got a penny of business after that.

I shop in Lidl because of their prices and the quality of their products. I don't have the luxury of being able to shop elsewhere because I simply can't afford the prices smaller local shops are charging but I know how they operate.

It's still a forward step.

"Why do they try to drive growers out of business if they are so great "

Just don't buy your fruit and veg there. Simple.

By *amiero29Man  over a year ago

Drogheda

This is brilliant. I lost one child due to miscarriage and it was heartbreaking. Such a complicated grief. I'm so pleased to read this.

By *aywhatnowMan  over a year ago

North County

"Why do they try to drive growers out of business if they are so great

Just don't buy your fruit and veg there. Simple. "

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

Progress isn't easy.

It doesn't usually happen in a big bang.

It takes one person/company to make a difference.

This is what is happening.

For anyone related/friend to a woman that's had a miscarriage, we know that this has an effect on the woman. I'm not getting into the try again and other stuff here.

The fact a huge company has made a first step on a ladder of understanding and recognition of this is something that should be championed.

Their other business practices can be dealt with separately and individually but Do Not let that take away from the potential of this good action.

To add context, I heard today of a bank employee, about 10yrs ago, told by her manager, the day after her miscarriage, to get back into work and cop on with her crying.

Hope that puts some context on it for ye.

» Add a new message to this topic