FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Scent of a Man

Scent of a Man

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *amiero29 OP   Man  over a year ago

Drogheda

This week, I did a fun road trip into Dublin and treated myself at Brown Thomas and got nice fragrance that I've used and loved in the past.

That got me wondering.. what scents do you ladies like on a guy? Any thoughts? I'd be curious to try something new in the future and would love to hear from you.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Lee always smells delicious, but I have no idea what scents he wears, I've never bought one for him

"Lee always smells delicious, but I have no idea what scents he wears, I've never bought one for him"

It's Eu de work my dear

By *oingMan  over a year ago

co. antrim

I wear Christmas and birthday presents. So, an assortment at different times

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

"Lee always smells delicious, but I have no idea what scents he wears, I've never bought one for him"

You might be biased.

I think half the battle with a perfume/aftershave is the quantity applied: less is more!

I had to wash once my dress 3 times after a meet until it didn't smell of aftershave anymore. he must have fallen into a barrel of it just before our path crossed.

By *arajeanCouple  over a year ago

mayo

Invictus is lovely

"Lee always smells delicious, but I have no idea what scents he wears, I've never bought one for him

You might be biased.

"

Unashamedly so! However, individual chemistry means that a scent smells different on everyone, and presumably, to everyone also. I only know what appeals to my senses, olfactory or otherwise

Less is definitely more.. Ptopegly worn bothtge scent of perfume and aftershave should only be picked up when you're practically touching them.. Not like you've been marinating in it all night.

Properly*

*both the*

Drogheda

"Invictus is lovely"

Cool!! I'll check it out. I looked it up on Boots and it has a fun shaped bottle. Like a trophy!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

A comment I picked up recently is that a scent should be discovered, not announced.

Drogheda

"A comment I picked up recently is that a scent should be discovered, not announced."

That is a great quote.. ALWAYS, less is more with that stuff.

What I always say, Lynx Africa under one arm, and Brute under the other.

Drives the ladies wild.

"A comment I picked up recently is that a scent should be discovered, not announced."

This is so true. mont blanc aftershave is one I like.

Hugo Boss The Scent is very nice my favourite at the minute, can't go wrong with an armani code or any of the older armanis either and anything from Tom Ford all very nice

By *heTantrixMan  over a year ago

Dublin 18

You should have one for day time and another for evening meets.. I usually like fresh fragrance for day meets such as Gucci Pour Homme II or Bvlgari Aqua or Lacoste Red or Armani aqua di gio. For evening I go for the likes of Carolina Herrera sexy man 212, Aigner iMan2 more of the ones that one discovers in close proximity.

Drogheda

"You should have one for day time and another for evening meets.. I usually like fresh fragrance for day meets such as Gucci Pour Homme II or Bvlgari Aqua or Lacoste Red or Armani aqua di gio. For evening I go for the likes of Carolina Herrera sexy man 212, Aigner iMan2 more of the ones that one discovers in close proximity."

Ha!! Look at this guy with his daytime AND night time meets. Some of us are just happy to get A meet

That's a really good thought though. It was actually what got me thinking about things and why I posted it. I was thinking the one I got is a great night time one, but was thinking, I'd like something for other situations too. I'll have to put those ones you suggested on my list and try them out. Thank you!!

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Scents are also seasonal so you should wear a lighter fresher scent in warmer months and a deeper musky scent in colder weather. They are too overpowering otherwise.

By *heTantrixMan  over a year ago

Dublin 18

Very real world insight! The scent that blends with surroundings and leverages the aroma in the air. If you are meeting in a coffee shop, think of the aroma of coffee and buns. Would your scent be overpowered or get hidden? Imagine if meeting in a park, the freshness in the air or meeting in a bar with scent of alcohol and beer etc.. whether the place is overly crowded or lightly filled. Just taking a pause to imagine and then picking up the right bottle from your shelf would help. Also I would avoid using scent underarms. Sweet is acidic and breaks down the esters in scent. Rather use a natural deodorant such as Pitrok for under arms. Use scent on pulse points only.

By *herry...Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

My favourites are

Cool waters or joop

Drogheda

"My favourites are

Cool waters or joop

"

Sweet!! I'll check those out. Thank you!

"

Unashamedly so! However, individual chemistry means that a scent smells different on everyone, and presumably, to everyone also. I only know what appeals to my senses, olfactory or otherwise

"

This is the correct answer

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Depending on the day

Savauge

Hermes terre d'hermes

Issue miyake wood&wood

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Some great advice already. I'd always recommend selecting and wearing an aftershave you like rather than one one that's popular or been recommended.

When buying and wearing it is also very important to realise that the Frances are different strength.tje stronger ones last long and are more powerful.

Eau de cologne is the "weakest" lasts for a few hours.

Eau de toilette will last 3-4 hours.

Eau de perfume will last 5-7 hours

Perfume/parfum is super strong and lasts 8+ hours.

Eau de cologne is ideal if you are meeting someone as soon as you can leave the house.

Ideally I'd always recommend applying the rest of the colognes a few hours before meeting someone. Let them settle in your skin naturally and let the aroma mix in with your own scent.

If that not possible, know which you are applying an adjust the spray accordingly. If you apply a parfum like eau de cologne you'll end up like poor Doghunters dress.

Always worth going and smelling ones yourself before purchasing too.

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

James wears a Tom Forde one. It was expensive but it's fabulous and lasts all day

"Some great advice already. I'd always recommend selecting and wearing an aftershave you like rather than one one that's popular or been recommended.

When buying and wearing it is also very important to realise that the Frances are different strength.tje stronger ones last long and are more powerful.

Eau de cologne is ideal if you are meeting someone as soon as you can leave the house.

Ideally I'd always recommend applying the rest of the colognes a few hours before meeting someone. Let them settle in your skin naturally and let the aroma mix in with your own scent.

If that not possible, know which you are applying an adjust the spray accordingly. If you apply a parfum like eau de cologne you'll end up like poor Doghunters dress.

Always worth going and smelling ones yourself before purchasing too. "

Are you the guy from Perfume: The Story of a Murderer?

By *3nsesMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Some great advice already. I'd always recommend selecting and wearing an aftershave you like rather than one one that's popular or been recommended.

Are you the guy from Perfume: The Story of a Murderer?

"

Yeah but keep it to yourself as I'm trying to get the ride on this thing.

"

Yeah but keep it to yourself as I'm trying to get the ride on this thing. "

Ah right yeah. You seems like a daily discreet guy int hat movie , love your work by the way. Okay I'll get me coat.

Acqua de palma is divine. Archie has a couple of their range.

By *t777Woman  over a year ago

close by

"You should have one for day time and another for evening meets.. I usually like fresh fragrance for day meets such as Gucci Pour Homme II or Bvlgari Aqua or Lacoste Red or Armani aqua di gio. For evening I go for the likes of Carolina Herrera sexy man 212, Aigner iMan2 more of the ones that one discovers in close proximity.

Ha!! Look at this guy with his daytime AND night time meets. Some of us are just happy to get A meet

That's a really good thought though. It was actually what got me thinking about things and why I posted it. I was thinking the one I got is a great night time one, but was thinking, I'd like something for other situations too. I'll have to put those ones you suggested on my list and try them out. Thank you!! "

But I know you've had offers lol

By *_is_ainm_DomMan  over a year ago

Wexford

Mont Blanc Legend is my current favorite ??

By *yeCandyDublinCouple  over a year ago

Lucan

Love Fahrenheit

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

Always worth going and smelling ones yourself before purchasing too. "

The difference between the likes of eau de cologne and tge likes of parfum is the actual % of fragrance that is inside the product...can range ftom a few % all the way up to around 20% of perfum in voloume...and yes youd think a higher % would result in longer lasting fragrance,that is not the case.

Really it boils doen to the actual notes that are used...freshies tend to not last as long due to them being very linear and not having a strong dry down like say a patchouli,lab or an oud fir example.

Dont buy into the fact of an eau de parfum over a eau de toilette lasts longer...it diesnt...again its down to the induvidual fragrance...example..sauvage eau de toilette original lasts as long as the parfum and actually smells better(the notes may be the same but because of the slight % dif in fragrance to volume the edt fragrance is more complex and better i find...the same with blue de chanel...

Many edt last all week.

Mugler a men...its super strong

Ysl kouros

Ted lapidus pour homme

Just a few examples.

But yes look for atleast a few frags to have folks....nice to have variety.

If i had a few to pick heres some nice ones

Mancera cedrat boise

D&g pour homme

Killian back to black

Ysl kouros

By *ussyluvscockCouple  over a year ago

in the country.

Hermes terre d'hermes

Issue miyake

Both smell fab on a guy

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

"Hermes terre d'hermes

Issue miyake

Both smell fab on a guy "

By *hatCoupleNextDoorCouple  over a year ago

nearby

Creed Aventis has to be my absolute fave

"Creed Aventis has to be my absolute fave "

Gimme a sniff?

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

[Removed by poster at 04/06/21 20:14:18]

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

The difference between the likes of eau de cologne and tge likes of parfum is the actual % of fragrance that is inside the product...can range ftom a few % all the way up to around 20% of perfum in voloume...and yes youd think a higher % would result in longer lasting fragrance,that is not the case.

Really it boils doen to the actual notes that are used...freshies tend to not last as long due to them being very linear and not having a strong dry down like say a patchouli,lab or an oud fir example.

Dont buy into the fact of an eau de parfum over a eau de toilette lasts longer...it diesnt...again its down to the induvidual fragrance...example..sauvage eau de toilette original lasts as long as the parfum and actually smells better(the notes may be the same but because of the slight % dif in fragrance to volume the edt fragrance is more complex and better i find...the same with blue de chanel...

Many edt last all week.

Mugler a men...its super strong

Ysl kouros

Ted lapidus pour homme

Just a few examples.

But yes look for atleast a few frags to have folks....nice to have variety.

If i had a few to pick heres some nice ones

Mancera cedrat boise

D&g pour homme

Killian back to black

Ysl kouros"

Hurt my head reading that

But fair play laddddddd

By *unsigntwoCouple  over a year ago

athlone

Oh has to be for me mrssun hugo boss

And

Kuros

By *ukeM8519Man  over a year ago

Sligo

With the lockdown I have a backlog of 2 Christmas worth of aftershaves to get through. I’m going to be smelling mighty fine this summer.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

It's summertime so L'eau d'Issey Miyake and Calvin Klein Aqua for me for the next few months

Now that we have a reason to be out and smelling good in company

» Add a new message to this topic