FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Interesting and possibly true bits of crap

Interesting and possibly true bits of crap

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *og-Man OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

True facts

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'

2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David,

Hearts - Charlemagne,

Clubs -Alexander the Great,

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.

Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

Someone else add to this nonsense to lighten the load today

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

The size of the cock is inversely proportional to the definition of the six-pack*

*May not be an actual fact

By *DSGCouple  over a year ago

That place in

The female orgasm lasts three times longer the male orgasm

What can we say, women have some pretty serious orgasmic advantages in the bedroom. First of all, the typical female orgasm lasts about 20 seconds

That’s more than three times longer than the male experience, which clocks in at just six seconds. Women also have the upper hand when it comes to being able to have multiple orgasms and G-spot orgasms. Ah, it’s great to be a woman

East / North, Cork

The gspot is a myth and it's just that the front of the vaginal wall is close to the clitoris which is much bigger than you can visibly see and extends internally inside the body.

By *aidbackcplniCouple  over a year ago

Portadown

Neanderthals were a seafaring people.

Hedgehogs are not native to Ireland (nor are toads) hedgehogs were introduced by the Normans, possibly as a form of food.

East / North, Cork

We did not descend from Neanderthals. Only 1 to 2 % of our DNA is from them. 98% of modern human dna came from species that evolved independently from neanderthals.

By *aidbackcplniCouple  over a year ago

Portadown

"We did not descend from Neanderthals. Only 1 to 2 % of our DNA is from them. 98% of modern human dna came from species that evolved independently from neanderthals."

I’m a MASSIVE fan of the study of ancient humans. Recent studies on the Neanderthals have been particularly revealing

East / North, Cork

"We did not descend from Neanderthals. Only 1 to 2 % of our DNA is from them. 98% of modern human dna came from species that evolved independently from neanderthals.

I’m a MASSIVE fan of the study of ancient humans. Recent studies on the Neanderthals have been particularly revealing"

I LOVE the idea that there were (at one time) totally separate species of human-like tribes who migrated across thousands of miles of land. They had communication and culture and teamwork and were NOT the grunting idiots we imagine. The reason we are what we are is because of passed down knowledge and teaching, and the discovery of storing information and farming. Hunter gatherers were not stupid. They just weren't handed the knowledge that we were as part of the upbringing of their young.

East / North, Cork

To extend this thought... I wonder what the impact wilo be to our species having access to nearly all perceivable knowledge that comes from the Internet. If we can just stop googling for boobs and cat videos

East / North, Cork

Anyhoo to stop my habit of derailing the thread. Another potentially true fact, and on a somewhat related theme..

Whales actually have legs and a pelvis. They are just just hidden inside their bodies. They are leftover from when they used to walk on the land.

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

I'll whisper this quietly incase some one is listening....

Tuam All stars and Laune Rangers gaa teams started out as a soccer and rugby club...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The digestive biscuut was first developed in 1839 by two Scottish doctors to aid digestion. The term "digestive" is derived from the belief that they had antacid properties due to the use of sodium bicarbonate when they were first developed.

By *ennylaputeTV/TS  over a year ago

Dublin 18

99% of cats blink when hit on the head with a tack hammer.

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Cats only have 4 toes on their back paws, but have 5 on their front.

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

Oh here's a good un.

No number before 1000 has the letter A in its spelling

somewhere

"Oh here's a good un.

No number before 1000 has the letter A in its spelling "

One hundred And fifty five

I know I know

By *exy Ruby 100 300Couple  over a year ago

unknown

PISS POOR" - They used to use urine to tan animal skins, so families used to all pee in the same pot to collect as much urine as possible. Why? Because once a day, someone from the family took the pot to the tannery and sold the urine. If a family had to do this to survive financially, they were called "Piss poor."

"DIDN'T HAVE A POT TO PISS IN" - Worse than the above were some people who were too poor to buy even the pot to collect their urine. And so they were the poorest and lowest of the low.

By *ust4funcoupleCouple  over a year ago

Moira

By the time the average lady dies she will have had almost 6miles of cock in her.. Don't care if its true the Internet told me

A Scottish lord was imprisoned in The Tower of London for his participation in the first Jacobite rebellion in 1715. He escaped disguised as a woman. So a Scottish lord had escaped his crimes, whenever someone gets away with something, they got off “Scot free”.

The name MiWaDi is actually derived from the name of the company that first produced the drink... MIneral WAter DIstributors

somewhere

"By the time the average lady dies she will have had almost 6miles of cock in her.. Don't care if its true the Internet told me "

Does it say anything about the amount of litres of....nevermind

The name Helicopter doesnt come from Heli and Copter, but 'Helico' meaning a spiral, and 'Pter', as in a Pterodactyl.

By *s LollyWoman  over a year ago

The pub then supermacs ...

"By the time the average lady dies she will have had almost 6miles of cock in her.. Don't care if its true the Internet told me

Does it say anything about the amount of litres of....nevermind "

Depends on if they spit or swallow

"The name Helicopter doesnt come from Heli and Copter, but 'Helico' meaning a spiral, and 'Pter', as in a Pterodactyl."

Should the P not be silent then? I'll be up all night worrying about this.

"The name Helicopter doesnt come from Heli and Copter, but 'Helico' meaning a spiral, and 'Pter', as in a Pterodactyl.

Should the P not be silent then? I'll be up all night worrying about this. "

The English language is an odd one. Where does the 'd' come from, when you shorten refrigerator, to fridge?

By *haggy_bearMan  over a year ago

Sligo

"True facts

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

"

Wikipedia: "A modern folk etymology holds that the phrase is derived from the maximum width of a stick allowed for wife-beating under English law, but no such law ever existed."

Sorry, I'll let myself out

"The name Helicopter doesnt come from Heli and Copter, but 'Helico' meaning a spiral, and 'Pter', as in a Pterodactyl.

Should the P not be silent then? I'll be up all night worrying about this.

The English language is an odd one. Where does the 'd' come from, when you shorten refrigerator, to fridge?"

There's no shortage of "the d" on fab

I too shall get my coat.....

somewhere

"True facts

Wikipedia: "A modern folk etymology holds that the phrase is derived from the maximum width of a stick allowed for wife-beating under English law, but no such law ever existed."

Sorry, I'll let myself out "

Don't be quoting facts now

By *ORDERMANMan  over a year ago

wrexham

"A Scottish lord was imprisoned in The Tower of London for his participation in the first Jacobite rebellion in 1715. He escaped disguised as a woman. So a Scottish lord had escaped his crimes, whenever someone gets away with something, they got off “Scot free”."

I thought that came from scotish law(different to english) when someone turned kings or queens evidence they got off scotish law free thus Scot free

By *ucky30Woman  over a year ago

Dundalk

Seven?

somewhere

"Seven? "

Are you sure

"The size of the cock is inversely proportional to the definition of the six-pack*

*May not be an actual fact"

As a man with neither an enormous cock, nor a defined six-pack (think more like keg), I would love to have one or other

» Add a new message to this topic