FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > OECD Climate Report

OECD Climate Report

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oadrunner2000 OP   Man  over a year ago

city centre

So what does é eryone make of the latest report from the OECD stating that we should now be paying parking spaces at your workplace. And of course Éamon sleepy Ryan has jumped straight on the band wagon to support it. Downhill from here on in I think

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"So what does é eryone make of the latest report from the OECD stating that we should now be paying parking spaces at your workplace. And of course Éamon sleepy Ryan has jumped straight on the band wagon to support it. Downhill from here on in I think "

It was first mentioned about 10 years ago

I actually got a letter at the time asking how many spaces my company provided to staff.

The civil servants who park free in their offices stopped it dead at the time

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

Even if Ireland and northern Ireland both became zero greenhouse gas emissions it wouldn't make 1% difference in a global scale. What we actually need to do is force the big polluters ( china , India , USA) to change their emissions

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Even if Ireland and northern Ireland both became zero greenhouse gas emissions it wouldn't make 1% difference in a global scale. What we actually need to do is force the big polluters ( china , India , USA) to change their emissions"

Well I think we were the first country in the world to start banning single use plastics when we got rid of shopping bags, and now bags and straws and everything are gotten rid of all over the world.

If one country makes a change, often others will follow suit. however, I really don't want to have to start paying for parking at work

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So what does é eryone make of the latest report from the OECD stating that we should now be paying parking spaces at your workplace. And of course Éamon sleepy Ryan has jumped straight on the band wagon to support it. Downhill from here on in I think "

eamon sleepy dopy ryan should be exterminated .to help bring down emissions he is using good oxygen to breath and at the best it s pure shite that comes from his mouth the other end must be like Chernobyl

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

The parking at work disincentive is simply an indirect way of encouraging employees to come to work by public transport, which is currently inadequately supplied.

The biggest polluters are industrialised farming (methane), global shipping (heavy oils burned in two stroke engines), aviation (kerosene), road transport (diesel and petrol), etc.

To say nothing about single use plastics, food miles, nuclear waste, etc.

» Add a new message to this topic