FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Sarcasm on fab

Sarcasm on fab

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *3ear OP   Man  over a year ago

Dublin

I am not a regular forum user and mainly because within 5 or 6 posts there is the inevitable sarcastic answer or reply to an above post.

This is fine if your just having a laugh but ive seen a few instances where someone is genuinely asking a question and if your new to the scene you will of course have questions and wont be aware of certain etiquette or un spoken rules..and within 3 or 4 posts the thread is hijacked by sarcastic answers.

I know the people being sarcastic or trying to be humourous mean well sometimes...but anyone else notice this or feel frustrated by it ?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *oserMan  over a year ago

where the wild roses grow

I'm guilty of it OP, sometimes we forget that the OP may be new and end up having banter with each other without meaning to.

Other times,,,, well some people are cnuts and prey on newbies

Welcome to the forums, stick around but don't be a cnut

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

It does happen but even when I was a newbie I don't remember being frustrated with it and didn't find it off-putting.

You have to remember though that there are also newbie accounts that are deliberately set up to troll and they come in all guns blazing and sarcasm is lost on them.

By *ichael McCarthyMan  over a year ago

Lucan

One man's sarcasm is another man's banter.

Personally I've never ever posted a sarcastic response but I'm rather perfect, unlike most mere mortals.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’d say that’s the main reason why not new people like to participate in the forums and it’s the same people over and over pretending to take control of the stage........but hey even clowns need a stage and an audience

"I am not a regular forum user and mainly because within 5 or 6 posts there is the inevitable sarcastic answer or reply to an above post.

This is fine if your just having a laugh but ive seen a few instances where someone is genuinely asking a question and if your new to the scene you will of course have questions and wont be aware of certain etiquette or un spoken rules..and within 3 or 4 posts the thread is hijacked by sarcastic answers.

I know the people being sarcastic or trying to be humourous mean well sometimes...but anyone else notice this or feel frustrated by it ? "

I usually find that it's the ones who want to appear like their popular that do the stupid wannabe comedian comments attempting to derail threads. I know I do the odd sarcastic comment but I usually follow up with something related to the post.

Jay

I'm guilty of this.. and I get your point about newbies having genuine questions.

But tbh if you can't have a bit of a laugh on here me hijacking your thread isn't going to be your main obstacle imo.

The people that react in good humor are usually those that end up making alot of connections and friends on here.