FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Men and their threads

Men and their threads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So.. I'm driving to site this morning and I see this guy walking along in a pair of skinny jeans.. He's in, at a guess his late 40's and has a belly hanging over them. What items of fashion should nit be worn by a particular age group?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Lol feck that. I wear a hood and skinny jeans in my 40's

If I'm still wearing them in my nursing home I'd be delighted

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Everyone should wear anything. Or nothing. Nothing is good too

"Lol feck that. I wear a hood and skinny jeans in my 40's

If I'm still wearing them in my nursing home I'd be delighted "

Dead right and I’ll be still wearing tracksuit bottoms in my Zimmer frame

Still hanging on to them in my 50s and no intention of changing

Age is but a number

By *elle xWoman  over a year ago

Doire Theas

Sliders and socks by anyone

Age is but a number"

Agree.. But you gave the physique to carry it off... This guy looked like a pug walking up right lol

"Sliders and socks by anyone "

Shudders

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Age is but a number

Agree.. But you gave the physique to carry it off... This guy looked like a pug walking up right lol"

Got sent a pic yesterday of this very thing ..the pug looked well

Probably spends half his day pulling them up as well and the other half of the day adjusting his underpants from all constantly pulling and dragging at them. What ever happened to good fitting pants ??

Nah thats not bullying, if he had of got out of the van and given him a wedgie, that would be bullying, this is just a little rant, people have them, as im sure you do too.

By *1n_eaterMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Unless your from donegal were it is acceptable

"Sliders and socks by anyone

Unless your from donegal were it is acceptable "

I thought a slider was a little burger

I thought a slider was a little burger "

Or someone who went through wormholes and popped up in a different century

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

No man should wear skinny jeans regardless of age, they just look ridiculous on men, turns them all into leprechauns. Ahh but that's just my wee opinion....

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Everyone should wear whatever they want to wear imo. Might not be to our taste but that’s our problem, not theirs

"No man should wear skinny jeans regardless of age, they just look ridiculous on men, turns them all into leprechauns. Ahh but that's just my wee opinion.... "

Be gorrah.. Ta be shure. Ta be shure ..

"No man should wear skinny jeans regardless of age, they just look ridiculous on men, turns them all into leprechauns. Ahh but that's just my wee opinion.... "

I dunno DH...Some can rock them and I'd happy receive a pic proving it over a pic of another part of their anatomy

FEDERAL BOOBY INSPECTOR hats, they shouldn't allowed, unless you have passed the test and have certificates to prove it.

"No man should wear skinny jeans regardless of age, they just look ridiculous on men, turns them all into leprechauns. Ahh but that's just my wee opinion....

I dunno DH...Some can rock them and I'd happy receive a pic proving it over a pic of another part of their anatomy "

Frantically looking for my skinny jeans

By *ctoboyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I think people and guys in general should just wear whatever clothes they feel comfortable in and more importantly that they are happy in.....who are we all to judge?....That is one of society's problem that people want to judge others far too quickly...

Exactly. Let’s go tell people what to do eh? Women love these “suggestions” too eh

"Everyone should wear whatever they want to wear imo. Might not be to our taste but that’s our problem, not theirs "

Agh hello maturity

By *isneyChick85Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

"Everyone should wear whatever they want to wear imo. Might not be to our taste but that’s our problem, not theirs "

This

I agree 100%. If you feel comfortable and confident in your personal choice of clothing, go right ahead and wear it.

You do you

Be yourself and be unique

"Nah thats not bullying, if he had of got out of the van and given him a wedgie, that would be bullying, this is just a little rant, people have them, as im sure you do too.

"

It’s bullying possibly as it is aiming arrows at any possible person who wear them and are similarly built

He’s just come on here to put others down to feel somehow less shit about his day and bus life

He may not like hearing it but that’s the case. Maybe he could reflect on why he’s feeling shite and not need to put others down to bring himself up. Like I said, he just sounds sad. Poor guy I feel sorry for him

People should have the choice to wear what they want. Without anyones opinion. As someone who struggles to find clothes on the high street over the years I've had comments made about what I'm wearing. My reply is I'm not wearing it for you so none of your business

I'm a firm believer that people should wear what makes them feel good & whatever they feel comfortable in. Fuck this clothes shaming shite. There's enough of it in school playgrounds without the grown ups perpetuating it

Age is but a number

Agree.. But you gave the physique to carry it off... This guy looked like a pug walking up right lol

Got sent a pic yesterday of this very thing ..the pug looked well "

Saw that too..

By *arajeanCouple  over a year ago

mayo

Track suit bottoms on men is a no no

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

"So.. I'm driving to site this morning and I see this guy walking along in a pair of skinny jeans.. He's in, at a guess his late 40's and has a belly hanging over them. What items of fashion should nit be worn by a particular age group? "

Maybe he's wearing his sons cast-offs cos Penneys isn't open yet and he has run out of clothes?

Says the woman in a boiler suit ?????

"No man should wear skinny jeans regardless of age, they just look ridiculous on men, turns them all into leprechauns. Ahh but that's just my wee opinion....

Says the woman in a boiler suit ????? "

And she wears it well

"I'm a firm believer that people should wear what makes them feel good & whatever they feel comfortable in. Fuck this clothes shaming shite. There's enough of it in school playgrounds without the grown ups perpetuating it "

“Grown ups”

Says the woman in a boiler suit ?????

And she wears it well"

I know I had it said when I thought that as well

I used to be indecisive.....now I just don’t know

"Track suit bottoms on men is a no no "

Your opinion and feel free to keep your judging to yourself. Good lad/woman, whichever of ye it is

Doire Theas

Or someone who went through wormholes and popped up in a different century "

Also a block of ice cream between two wafers

I dunno DH...Some can rock them and I'd happy receive a pic proving it over a pic of another part of their anatomy

Frantically looking for my skinny jeans

"

Pic please

East / North, Cork

Hotlist = Hotlist + 1

somewhere

There's a huge difference between saying something to someone's face in front of others or naming them on a thread...that's bullying or shaming

Saying you saw some random bloke walking along looking silly and wearing clothes that you think is inappropriate is not bullying or shaming anyone

Its an observation

I remember my mother telling me I looked like a clown wearing leg warmers ...no that was shaming especially with my mates laughing and agreeing with her

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Yeah I having my doubts about all this... I am in mid 40is and jeans and polo shirt is my thing, just my comfort zone, thats how I always dressed.

But now I go to work and I see these lads who are in their 30ies, looking at me like I am some diety, and it dawns upon me, well maybe I should put a proper shirt on, start shaving more regularly and actually make myself a bit more presentable...

But yes, there are certain combos of attire which are totally mental. In this particular case, I would be worried about the said gent's health cause he'd be cutting blood flow, intestines, putting unhealthy pressure points on his back, spine, etc...

I wear what i like,you wear what you like. No fucks given.

That is all.

Bman

"There's a huge difference between saying something to someone's face in front of others or naming them on a thread...that's bullying or shaming

Saying you saw some random bloke walking along looking silly and wearing clothes that you think is inappropriate is not bullying or shaming anyone

Its an observation

I remember my mother telling me I looked like a clown wearing leg warmers ...no that was shaming especially with my mates laughing and agreeing with her

"

She was more than likely right.

Hahaha hehe good one

East / North, Cork

I wonder if this had been a lady in her 40s that someone saw whose belly was bulging in her leggings.. if anyone would dare say the same.

Need to call Herb Dean in here soon enough.

"There's a huge difference between saying something to someone's face in front of others or naming them on a thread...that's bullying or shaming

Its an observation

"

It’s a general comment aimed at lots and it IS shaming and bullying. There ain’t no get out clause. Have a think about WHY he felt the need to make the comment. Did it serve any positivity or at least he neutral in terms of who it is aimed at in general in terms of physique

If this was a comment from a man or woman about a woman you can be most certainly guaranteed the OP would be rightly rebuked

Why is it just on in this case. You might claim it’s “just” an observation and “only” about done random passer by but it belies his general bullying attitude in relation to any potential person dressing like this and it would be a small jump for many to make the comment directly or snidely in front of such a dresser

"I wonder if this had been a lady in her 40s that someone saw whose belly was bulging in her leggings.. if anyone would dare say the same. "

But that’s different...........

"I wonder if this had been a lady in her 40s that someone saw whose belly was bulging in her leggings.. if anyone would dare say the same. "

Bingo

Sure it’s a man slagging a man - it’s all grand and he didn’t mean it

Aye - sure

Why can't we all just get along?

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

To be honest this... 'duplicity'? in standards between sexes is really starting to annoy me more and more by the day.

One almost wants to go back to the Hollywood 50ies, where men wore pants, shirts, jackets, coats and hats, and the ladies wore dresses and what nots...

Uniformed, but with certain freedom to express yourself.

somewhere

"I wonder if this had been a lady in her 40s that someone saw whose belly was bulging in her leggings.. if anyone would dare say the same.

Bingo

Aye - sure "

Was there not a thread yesterday and it was mentioned that certain women shouldn't wear leggings

Why get offended on behalf of some random bloke

Also a block of ice cream between two wafers "

Great.. Now I want ice cream

"I wonder if this had been a lady in her 40s that someone saw whose belly was bulging in her leggings.. if anyone would dare say the same.

Bingo

Aye - sure

Was there not a thread yesterday and it was mentioned that certain women shouldn't wear leggings

"

I’m not offended. You don’t get it. And some bloke could be any bloke and could be someone on a forum. It’s a slippery slope. And a huge red flag indicator of problematical behaviour and thinking

And the leggings versus jeans thing. Yep let people wear whatever the fuck they want. Anyone being snide there too are a wee bit lacking in the need to down others choices

Same thing. Yep

Its an observation

It’s a general comment aimed at lots and it IS shaming and bullying. There ain’t no get out clause. Have a think about WHY he felt the need to make the comment. Did it serve any positivity or at least he neutral in terms of who it is aimed at in general in terms of physique

If this was a comment from a man or woman about a woman you can be most certainly guaranteed the OP would be rightly rebuked

Why is it just on in this case. You might claim it’s “just” an observation and “only” about done random passer by but it belies his general bullying attitude in relation to any potential person dressing like this and it would be a small jump for many to make the comment directly or snidely in front of such a dresser

Jaysus lad ya need to cool the jets there.

"

ADIOS AMIGOS

Old saggy chicks shouldn't wear bikinis....

"Old saggy chicks shouldn't wear bikinis...."

Sorry about that, I won't do it again

"Old saggy chicks shouldn't wear bikinis....

Sorry about that, I won't do it again "

I appreciate that... could you pass it onto casey too please

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Bingo

Aye - sure

I’m not offended. You don’t get it. And some bloke could be any bloke and could be someone on a forum. It’s a slippery slope. And a huge red flag indicator of problematical behaviour and thinking

And the leggings versus jeans thing. Yep let people wear whatever the fuck they want. Anyone being snide there too are a wee bit lacking in the need to down others choices

Same thing. Yep "

You’ve made your point at this stage, repeating yourself on it is redundant. It’s clear you have strong views on the motivation of the OP and you’re entitled to that opinion. However, continuing to post about it makes it look like you’re the one with the issue with someone.

I am in agreement with you that topics like this are not pleasant but let’s leave it there now.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Put bikini in bin and looks for alternate to neck to knee swimsuit

Put bikini in bin and looks for alternate to neck to knee swimsuit "

Flashing the ankles are we? Hussey

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Put bikini in bin and looks for alternate to neck to knee swimsuit

Flashing the ankles are we? Hussey"

Don't be silly I've knee socks on

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

It isn't bullying to make a comment on here about a stranger in the streets clothes.

Back to the OP

Yes they should....show the sag !!!

By *oxic1998Woman  over a year ago

Belfast

Exactly this....if they are comfortable in them then its nobody's business

somewhere

Also a block of ice cream between two wafers "

We were just asked as kids "do you want a slice of ice cream with wafers"

Never heard of it being called anything

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Never heard of it being called anything "

Grand for some, we had to make do with just the wafers

To help with bikinis just go naked

somewhere

Grand for some, we had to make do with just the wafers "

Even got the tin of fruit cocktail opened if we had visitors

"To help with bikinis just go naked "

This

Even got the tin of fruit cocktail opened if we had visitors "

The red cherry your favourite?

somewhere

"To help with bikinis just go naked "

Sensible suggestion in fairness

somewhere

The red cherry your favourite? "

No pineapple

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Even got the tin of fruit cocktail opened if we had visitors "

Did you fight over the one cherry?.

somewhere

Did you fight over the one cherry?. "

Did anyone like the cherry in fairness

By *igBlondeDommeWoman  over a year ago

middle of nowhere

Did anyone like the cherry in fairness "

Me. I love popping cherries.

The red cherry your favourite?

No pineapple "

That was close

somewhere

Did anyone like the cherry in fairness

Me. I love popping cherries. "

Walked into that one

Doire Theas

Did you fight over the one cherry?. "

Yes we did

By *he SophisticatsCouple  over a year ago

Casa Del Fun

Skinny jean wearers here and we’d be ROCKIN’ that nursing home with ye

Skinny jean wearers here and we’d be ROCKIN’ that nursing home with ye "

Shur the lube will come in handy to get the Jean off if nothing else

Limerick

Yes we did "

Lads we seem to have lead parallel lives. What about when the tinned strawberries arrived and made the fruit cocktail boring

Doire Theas

Yes we did

Lads we seem to have lead parallel lives. What about when the tinned strawberries arrived and made the fruit cocktail boring "

We never had tinned strawberries dodged a bullet there

Yes we did

Lads we seem to have lead parallel lives. What about when the tinned strawberries arrived and made the fruit cocktail boring "

Delicious but they were as soggy as feck.. Remember actually tasting a fresh strawberry and being amazed I had to chew it

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Used to be a shop near me that sold tinned goods at 10p each. They were stock that couldn't be put on the shelves because all the labels were missing.

Sometimes you could be lucky and get fruit cocktail, other days you had pedigree chum sandwiches in your lunchbox

"Used to be a shop near me that sold tinned goods at 10p each. They were stock that couldn't be put on the shelves because all the labels were missing.

Sometimes you could be lucky and get fruit cocktail, other days you had pedigree chum sandwiches in your lunchbox "

.. How bad..

somewhere

Yes we did

Lads we seem to have lead parallel lives. What about when the tinned strawberries arrived and made the fruit cocktail boring

Delicious but they were as soggy as feck.. Remember actually tasting a fresh strawberry and being amazed I had to chew it "

When I made my communion in the early 70's my folks brought me to the South County Hotel in Stillorgan for my first ever dinner in a hotel

Just me and them....everyone else left at home as I don't think they could afford to feed us all in a hotel to be honest

It was a buffet type of arrangement..starter,main and desert

The desert trolly had a big bowl of pineapple rings so I had a big bowl of them first in case they were all gone by the time I'd finished my dinner and it was the first time I ever had them

What a memory this thread has brought back

I'm going to ring my parents later to ask do they remember

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

You wear what you want. Nobody else's business. No such thing as dressing for age or dressing for body type. Dress for you and what makes you feel good. Whatever you wear wear with confidence. Hope that guy felt awesome in his skinny jeans

Doire Theas

Yes we did

Delicious but they were as soggy as feck.. Remember actually tasting a fresh strawberry and being amazed I had to chew it

When I made my communion in the early 70's my folks brought me to the South County Hotel in Stillorgan for my first ever dinner in a hotel

Just me and them....everyone else left at home as I don't think they could afford to feed us all in a hotel to be honest

It was a buffet type of arrangement..starter,main and desert

The desert trolly had a big bowl of pineapple rings so I had a big bowl of them first in case they were all gone by the time I'd finished my dinner and it was the first time I ever had them

What a memory this thread has brought back

I'm going to ring my parents later to ask do they remember "

Aww that’s lovely

"Track suit bottoms on men is a no no

Your opinion and feel free to keep your judging to yourself. Good lad/woman, whichever of ye it is "

Lmao who says track suit bottoms is a no no on men...that's a bizarre comment

"So.. I'm driving to site this morning and I see this guy walking along in a pair of skinny jeans.. He's in, at a guess his late 40's and has a belly hanging over them. What items of fashion should nit be worn by a particular age group? "

If they were straight, flared or any other style of jeans wouldn't the belly still be hanging over... I think it would yea... The thing is...had he the LEGS to wear the skinny jeans?

The poor guy just needs a little dress sense guidance as in what top to wear with said pair of skinny jeans

Your opinion and feel free to keep your judging to yourself. Good lad/woman, whichever of ye it is

Lmao who says track suit bottoms is a no no on men...that's a bizarre comment "

The ladies normally love the tight grey bottoms, are they not the equivalent of yoga pants for us, you see everything but you dont see everything...?

Sliders and white socks are the most comfortable combination going

Lmao who says track suit bottoms is a no no on men...that's a bizarre comment

The ladies normally love the tight grey bottoms, are they not the equivalent of yoga pants for us, you see everything but you dont see everything...? "

You got it... I find trackkies quite attractive on a guy... & also there's a little or should that be a large left to the imagination...

Shudders"

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

Any age group can wear whatever they want. Why do clothes have an age limit?

So you turn 45 and that's it, khaki's and cardigans for the rest of your life? Fuck that.

Doire Theas

Sliders and white socks are the most comfortable combination going "

So are pjs but do I wear them in public

By *ecentguy321Man  over a year ago

nearby

So are pjs but do I wear them in public "

Slidders? You mean flip flops? Or is there a difference

Wearing flipflops in public with socks is the silliest thing iv ever seen

Doire Theas

Wearing flipflops in public with socks is the silliest thing iv ever seen"

Yes I mean flip flops I know right

nearby

Yes I mean flip flops I know right "

I spotted 2 lads from DCFC in a shop recently wearing them and told them they looked ridiculous. Both young english lads, They didnt know how to take a stern faced derry man talking harshly to them. Bless

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

I'm pretty sure people are entitled to wear whatever they want if they feel comfortable in them who am I to judge

Limerick

I spotted 2 lads from DCFC in a shop recently wearing them and told them they looked ridiculous. Both young english lads, They didnt know how to take a stern faced derry man talking harshly to them. Bless"

Surely wearing socks with flip flops is a physical impossibility? The toes would need to be out the top of the socks

By *he chef 45Man  over a year ago

Banbridge

Had to check your location OP I’m out and about today but nowhere near cork so I’m not the pug in question as I suck in the belly and pull the jeans up

nearby

I spotted 2 lads from DCFC in a shop recently wearing them and told them they looked ridiculous. Both young english lads, They didnt know how to take a stern faced derry man talking harshly to them. Bless

Surely wearing socks with flip flops is a physical impossibility? The toes would need to be out the top of the socks "

Trust me. Its unfortunately possible

nearby

"I'm pretty sure people are entitled to wear whatever they want if they feel comfortable in them who am I to judge "

They absolutely are. In the appropriate setting.

Me going to work in a bikini, is not appropriate!

"I'm pretty sure people are entitled to wear whatever they want if they feel comfortable in them who am I to judge

They absolutely are. In the appropriate setting.

Me going to work in a bikini, is not appropriate! "

Hahahahaha

So are pjs but do I wear them in public "

Happily wear my socks and sliders in public I’d rather be comfortable and get looks than anything else

I spotted 2 lads from DCFC in a shop recently wearing them and told them they looked ridiculous. Both young english lads, They didnt know how to take a stern faced derry man talking harshly to them. Bless"

Why on earth did you feel the need to do that? What business was it of yours what they were wearing?

Doire Theas

Happily wear my socks and sliders in public I’d rather be comfortable and get looks than anything else "

Living the dream

» Add a new message to this topic