FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Pushing physical limits

Pushing physical limits

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else enjoy seeing how far... Physically they can push their bodies. I was always into heavy lifting but I tried bodybuilding style training.... Lighter weights more reps..... But just didn't feel as good as when I'm putting plates on the bar and see how far I can push my limits.

Anyone else get a better feeling from pushing rather than just "training"...... Or am I just sadistic

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I once sat on the floor.. Talk of physical exertion trying to stand back up..

"I once sat on the floor.. Talk of physical exertion trying to stand back up.. "

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

I love doing a heavy lift and trying to PR but nothing beats the thrill of high reps for time. Thats where I get my kicks

High reps for time is a killer alright..... Hitting 80 to 90% of max Weight is the golden session..... Red face and callused hands

Yeah i has always been the same.. How far can you push the body (sorry no puns intended!)... Nowadays it's running... The worse the weather, the further the distance, the harsher the terrain.. The more I love it.. Sucker for punishment (again no pun intended )

[Removed by poster at 10/05/21 19:52:38]

Tried running before...... Deffo not for me

Cycling now that's a nice one. 115kg bodyweight is still a good bit to be dragging up a big hill on the bike

Used to love weights..and still do. But now it's all all BJJ

Yeah that seems to be getting quiet popular lately

I found Brazilian Jiu-jitsu was the absolute best test and challenge I ever put my mind and body through I would highly recommended anyone take it up

By *quinnMan  over a year ago

Limerick

Speaking of physical limits, back playing football tonight after over 5 months away

I'm going to be a mess tomorrow

"I found Brazilian Jiu-jitsu was the absolute best test and challenge I ever put my mind and body through I would highly recommended anyone take it up "

I've beat the shit outta my shoulders over the years with strongman and powerlifying I think they would break off doing BJJ

"Speaking of physical limits, back playing football tonight after over 5 months away

I'm going to be a mess tomorrow "

We will pray for you tomorrow

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

"I found Brazilian Jiu-jitsu was the absolute best test and challenge I ever put my mind and body through I would highly recommended anyone take it up "

Agree. my two older girls are doing and mma. The other two will start when they are old enough.

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Forging a big hammer say 3lb cross pein or axe head by hand is a test of endurance,pain threshold and physical ability

You would sleep that night for sure

"Forging a big hammer say 3lb cross pein or axe head by hand is a test of endurance,pain threshold and physical ability

"

I would so love to try that

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

There's only one way of pushing that works for me, the longer the better.

All limits can be pushed if you make a game of it.

First, I like to see how many envelopes I can lick in a day, then try to break that record.

By *ogladyWoman  over a year ago

The bog

"All limits can be pushed if you make a game of it.

First, I like to see how many envelopes I can lick in a day, then try to break that record."

Oh how I wish u could post gifs here .

"All limits can be pushed if you make a game of it.

First, I like to see how many envelopes I can lick in a day, then try to break that record."

True but was really thinking about physical activity like in sports and such like

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

"Forging a big hammer say 3lb cross pein or axe head by hand is a test of endurance,pain threshold and physical ability

"

No you wouldn't, you;d be worried if you folded 10 or 11 times and if that one time the temperature was right, and if tomorrow the whole thing will flake to bits

I've given birth 3 times, no intention of doing any more pushing

By *ensualandslow321Man  over a year ago

Tullamore

Soong as I sweat plenty during a workout I'm happy

If you want to push your physical limits try strongman! I've competed in many sports and strongman puts the most stress on the body by far..

I'm just finished pushing. Thought I was gonna die trying to keep up with speedy racer in front, but I help my own and made it one for one on the second run. When you want to stop, that's when you know you should keep going.

Buzzing

"If you want to push your physical limits try strongman! I've competed in many sports and strongman puts the most stress on the body by far.."

Deffo agree, competed in it many years ago and it's such a buzz feeling

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

I would so love to try that "

Now would be a good time to start

Couldnt buy an anvil for love or cash since lockdown,everyone taking up a new hobby

I predict done deal will be full of them soon enough when lockdown lifts.

Them and gym equipment

"

Now would be a good time to start

Couldnt buy an anvil for love or cash since lockdown,everyone taking up a new hobby

I predict done deal will be full of them soon enough when lockdown lifts.

Them and gym equipment"

Yeah gym equipment went through the roof..... When I was putting mine together people said I was mad cause there was 4 big gyms in the town..... Deffo glad I did.

I'll keep and eye on done deal so and see. Do you do it yourself as a hobby or work

By *ajobMan  over a year ago

Newtownabbey

"Anyone else enjoy seeing how far... Physically they can push their bodies. I was always into heavy lifting but I tried bodybuilding style training.... Lighter weights more reps..... But just didn't feel as good as when I'm putting plates on the bar and see how far I can push my limits.

Anyone else get a better feeling from pushing rather than just "training"...... Or am I just sadistic "

What sorta exercises and rep ranges do you normally do?

Obviously theee are alot of exercises/stations that you shouldnt even bother considering going low reps(anything below 6 i class as low rep)

Plus there are different ways of increasing intensity without hitting high weight % numbers...shorter rest periods...say 1 minute rest....supersets...giant sets...dropsets...slow down the rep(time under tension) also..

I do alot more warm up sets...then hit a top set(all out)for as many reps as possible....looking to get anywhere from 8-12 good reps keeping form,then would do a back off set of around 20% less weight than the top set then try and uit a higher number in reps....thats HIT(high intense training)leave nothing in the tank for that specific exercise.

But i also do 3-5 working sets too during workouts...as long as ppl work there ass off and use good form and challange themselves and dont pussy foot around...resting too long then thats all u can ask...enjoy yourselves and do it with a purpose

Well right now I'm deadlifting 3 sets of 3 with 200kg......workd up to that.... accessory movements to follow....powerlifting is my sport so if I'm not psyching myself up for at least 3 sets of compound movements its a slow session

"I found Brazilian Jiu-jitsu was the absolute best test and challenge I ever put my mind and body through I would highly recommended anyone take it up

Agree. my two older girls are doing and mma. The other two will start when they are old enough. "

Smart move, as always. No one will mess with your kids.

By *attooYouMan  over a year ago

just about northside

"I've given birth 3 times, no intention of doing any more pushing"

» Add a new message to this topic