FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Can you sleep ?

Can you sleep ?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *etmebeurfantasy OP   Woman  over a year ago

My town

I wish I could stay in bed for ages but I can’t . The slightest noise and I’m up. The rest of the house is still fast asleep even though I’m awake. I won’t lie it annoys me how people can sleep so well in the morning and I’m up . Do you like getting up early or staying in bed for as long as possible?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I'll love to be able to fall back asleep once I wake up

Bloody birds singing this morning woke me at 6 so I got up and cleaned my fish tank for 2 hrs

The rest of the house gradually waking now

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Woke this morning 5 o clock on a Sunday.. Tomorrow morning ill gave to be scrope off the bed to go to work... Nature can be a c**t, sometimes

*have

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm up every single day before 6 including weekends. It's been at least 20 years since I stayed in bed passed 6.30.

It's my favourite time of day though as it's quiet and peaceful.

I'd love to be able to sleep better but I don't envy anyone staying in bed half the day.

My town

"I'll love to be able to fall back asleep once I wake up

Bloody birds singing this morning woke me at 6 so I got up and cleaned my fish tank for 2 hrs

The rest of the house gradually waking now "

same here the bloody birds was singing away like in a bloody concert my kids could be in a bloody full blown rave sleeping and still not wake

By *ebel_LionMan  over a year ago

cork

anyone replying at this hour will be in the cant sleep category....I went to bed at 2am full of beer....wide awake again at 7.......now if i had company id be back asleep again lol

By *he rover returnedWoman  over a year ago

xxx

I'm a morning person. I'm usually 1st up. I hate lying in, I loose my motivation to get stuff done. I like to be up, get a run in and get on with the day. Now the downside is I'm usually in bed by 10.30. Not exactly a party animal.

By *oxtrotTangoLoveMan  over a year ago

monkstown/kentstown

Well myself coming off night shift and trying to sleep is a total nightmare! Spent a lot of money on black out screens and thick curtains so to be in total darkness but a small noise that it im up!

somewhere

"Well myself coming off night shift and trying to sleep is a total nightmare! Spent a lot of money on black out screens and thick curtains so to be in total darkness but a small noise that it im up!"

Is it harder to sleep days if it's warmer like our summer

"I'm a morning person. I'm usually 1st up. I hate lying in, I loose my motivation to get stuff done. I like to be up, get a run in and get on with the day. Now the downside is I'm usually in bed by 10.30. Not exactly a party animal. "

That's me, but without the run

monkstown/kentstown

"Well myself coming off night shift and trying to sleep is a total nightmare! Spent a lot of money on black out screens and thick curtains so to be in total darkness but a small noise that it im up!

Is it harder to sleep days if it's warmer like our summer "

Yeah true 12c is to much!

"Well myself coming off night shift and trying to sleep is a total nightmare! Spent a lot of money on black out screens and thick curtains so to be in total darkness but a small noise that it im up!

Is it harder to sleep days if it's warmer like our summer

Yeah true 12c is to much! "

By *ome_wild_girlWoman  over a year ago

Antrim Town

"Well myself coming off night shift and trying to sleep is a total nightmare! Spent a lot of money on black out screens and thick curtains so to be in total darkness but a small noise that it im up!"

I had same issue last year, doesnt help when anyone wanted to cut the grass either, I found a carb heavy meal when I got in then hot shower, dark room and radio on low helped to distract me from the major noises, classic FM and I would go over quite quickly, might waken about 3 but would go over again. Ear plugs might help if you dont mind how they feel. Good luck and hope you get some sleep

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

5 kids in the house so lie-ins are very much a thing of the past. Haven't slept past 7 in years. 05:30 is a regular thing.

By *ebel_LionMan  over a year ago

cork

24/7 operation there lol

monkstown/kentstown

"5 kids in the house so lie-ins are very much a thing of the past. Haven't slept past 7 in years. 05:30 is a regular thing."

05:30! God!

monkstown/kentstown

I had same issue last year, doesnt help when anyone wanted to cut the grass either, I found a carb heavy meal when I got in then hot shower, dark room and radio on low helped to distract me from the major noises, classic FM and I would go over quite quickly, might waken about 3 but would go over again. Ear plugs might help if you dont mind how they feel. Good luck and hope you get some sleep"

Have to try the radio as you said never thought of that!

East / North, Cork

Well used to it to be honest so it doesn't really effect me any more.

"5 kids in the house so lie-ins are very much a thing of the past. Haven't slept past 7 in years. 05:30 is a regular thing."

Don't worry, mine were all like that, now I won't see them tíl lunchtime at weekends

East / North, Cork

"5 kids in the house so lie-ins are very much a thing of the past. Haven't slept past 7 in years. 05:30 is a regular thing.

Don't worry, mine were all like that, now I won't see them tíl lunchtime at weekends "

If I can just stop reproducing them I'm sure thay point will come.

somewhere

"5 kids in the house so lie-ins are very much a thing of the past. Haven't slept past 7 in years. 05:30 is a regular thing.

Don't worry, mine were all like that, now I won't see them tíl lunchtime at weekends "

Except when you wake as they come home at 5.30am

My town

I actually feel your pain not with 5 kids but my middle daughter could function on three hours sleep for years, she would fall asleep around midnight and be up around half three 4 in the morminb bouncing off the walls

I tell anyone expecting kids, "sleep now and enjoy it, because you can never sleep properly after they are born". I used to work crazy hours and on day off it wouldn't be strange to get up at 1 or 2pm. That all changed.

Just from my experience, they aren't even with me all the time but something changed that allowed me to sleep on after they were born.

Even after a late night wuth drinks ill be up before 9, I normally wake at 5.30/6.00.

I could stay in bed all day like the rest of you; with the right company.

Wow, lady, you have an amazing body, and even more so after 5 kids.

Just saying.

Don't worry, mine were all like that, now I won't see them tíl lunchtime at weekends

Except when you wake as they come home at 5.30am

"

They're remarkably considerate sneaking in

If I can just stop reproducing them I'm sure thay point will come. "

Cant recommended vasectomy enough

East / North, Cork

"5 kids in the house so lie-ins are very much a thing of the past. Haven't slept past 7 in years. 05:30 is a regular thing. I actually feel your pain not with 5 kids but my middle daughter could function on three hours sleep for years, she would fall asleep around midnight and be up around half three 4 in the morminb bouncing off the walls "

Oh god thankfully none of ours have been that bad... its just that with 5 spread over 11 years there has always been one who is young enough to have needs at nighttime and up early. I've accepted it as part if being a dad with a big family. The rewards are worth multitudes over and above the lack of sleep. I know it wouldn't be for everyone though and that's OK.

By *j47Man  over a year ago

limerick

Most mornings its 6.00 am or 3.00 am it depends on when i fall asleep sometimes that could be 7.00pm but usually its 5 or six hrs sleep and i am up

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I'm usually awake at about 6am now I use to be able to lie on before but now find it almost impossible to get back to sleep even though I'm usually shattered.My sleep patterns have completely changed in the last few years and I wish I'd sleep better and actually wake up not tired for a change.

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

Still dozy in bed. Just woke up. Good morning everyone.

By *oey4somefunMan  over a year ago

Dublin/Drogheda

No matter what time I go to bed at I still wake after 6 hours and that's it. Since working shift hours it has really messed my sleeping. It's getting to a stage that I have to have a power nap in the afternoon before I go to work. I never really feel awake fully.

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

I’m a great sleeper, once I’m out nothing can wake me. I’m usually in bed for 11 so I’d be awake around 7 and weekends I might sleep in til 8 or so

By *affa31Woman  over a year ago

Galway

Pro sleeper here and quite happy to stay in bed alllllllll day

People who choose to get up before 10 on a weekend worry me

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

When I wake up to early I just read some news articles or a bit in my current book and fall back asleep in no time. I might be clutching onto my zimmerframe for walking but I do not suffer from senile insomnia yet.

By *rprotonMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Eh, back in the days of no kids, a good morning fuck would solve the problem most of the times.

I sleep decent enough but bed time and get up times used to always vary.

This lockdown I’ve managed a bit of a routine for the first time.

Pity work will ruin it next month

"Eh, back in the days of no kids, a good morning fuck would solve the problem most of the times. "

agreed always a nice sleep after a good session best in the morning

"I wish I could stay in bed for ages but I can’t . The slightest noise and I’m up. The rest of the house is still fast asleep even though I’m awake. I won’t lie it annoys me how people can sleep so well in the morning and I’m up . Do you like getting up early or staying in bed for as long as possible? "

Believe me,I know the feeling...

By *ensualnFunCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"I'm up every single day before 6 including weekends. It's been at least 20 years since I stayed in bed passed 6.30.

It's my favourite time of day though as it's quiet and peaceful.

I'd love to be able to sleep better but I don't envy anyone staying in bed half the day. "

Oh I would love to be able to do that! I could when I was younger

I love that time of the morning, the peace, nature’s noises, the sunrise and I can get lots done... only problem is I can rarely do it... I’m sooooo tired in the morning getting up is so difficult...

I hate getting up too late though... such a waste of a day...

By *obshortMan  over a year ago

Cork

Just love to have a snooze on a Sunday till about 12. When possible. But 10 is getting to be the norm now. Still better than 7am, any day.

I love to get to sleep early around 10ish, but wide awake about 6 each morning

By *lameBoyMan  over a year ago

Enfield & Dublin

I have no sleep pattern at all. 24 years on shift work and a busy house full of kids I tend to get very little sleep. I’d rather stay up for days on end than get up early.

somewhere

"I have no sleep pattern at all. 24 years on shift work and a busy house full of kids I tend to get very little sleep. I’d rather stay up for days on end than get up early. "

Does adrenaline keep you awake after a shift or are you used to it

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

Keep it down now, some of us are trying to nod off.

Enfield & Dublin

"I have no sleep pattern at all. 24 years on shift work and a busy house full of kids I tend to get very little sleep. I’d rather stay up for days on end than get up early.

Does adrenaline keep you awake after a shift or are you used to it "

Adrenaline is savage after a busy shift. It can be difficult to empty the head of images too. Someone posted about a radio on low, I use my Spotify playlist so there’s no news bulletin or DJs chatting away. For a while there I used whiskey to get to sleep at night but had to knock that on the head.

somewhere

"I have no sleep pattern at all. 24 years on shift work and a busy house full of kids I tend to get very little sleep. I’d rather stay up for days on end than get up early.

Does adrenaline keep you awake after a shift or are you used to it

Adrenaline is savage after a busy shift. It can be difficult to empty the head of images too. Someone posted about a radio on low, I use my Spotify playlist so there’s no news bulletin or DJs chatting away. For a while there I used whiskey to get to sleep at night but had to knock that on the head. "

I didn't even want to go there about the images but I'd imagine they can be horrific

Hopefully some of the shouts can be funny and its not all bad

From the start of this pandemic my sleeping pattern is very chaotic but afternoon naps don't help after all

Enfield & Dublin

"

Hopefully some of the shouts can be funny and its not all bad

"

There is a lot of humour in it alright and great satisfaction after a successful job. It’s not all doom and gloom. We are all big kids really. The pranks can be brilliant craic.

By *dfabMan  over a year ago

Dunboyne

A few friends have mentioned that they take CBD oil tablets and that ensures that they get quality sleep for over 8hrs.

Might be worth a try

By *aiseanagusspraoiMan  over a year ago

city

Can't sleep e or 4 hours is a dream lol

By *murphMan  over a year ago

drogheda

I’m always up at this hour in more ways than just awake lol

By *ublinGirl92Woman  over a year ago

Hell

I just slept for 11 hours because I switched off my own alarm. I don't even remember doing that so I mustn't have been awake.

Also if I make plans with someone there is a huge chance I'll either dream that I cancelled or dream that I'm following through.

And I'm impossible to wake if what I'm being woken for isn't essential. I really annoy myself.

I used to sleep like a log until last year, dunno if it was because of lockdown and lack of gym/activities etc but now I’ll wake at the slightest noise and cannot get back to sleep. I’m awake since 5 this morning cause of the bloody magpies

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Most people fall into two basic types: larks or owls. The key is to work out your specific chronotype.

I have found that there is little point in fighting your basic body (sleep) type.

I have always been an early riser; late nights or working night shifts would be impossible for me to adjust to.

By *cean1963Man  over a year ago

n6

I can not sleep without medication.tried all the so called remedies USELESS

» Add a new message to this topic