FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Darkness into light

Darkness into light

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Saturday May 8th is this year's darkness into light walk. If you haven't signed up yet please do or donate to this worthy cause.

If you just go to the darknessintolight website you will find the links.

I am taking part this year.

Suicide has touched the lifes of most people and there just isn't enough support available

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do it every year, you get such a sense of sadness and joy from that I am doing my bit for suicide

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I had never heard of this until 2 years ago and wrongly assumed that was because there were no events in Northern Ireland.

It's a very worthy cause and my hiking group have done a number of fundraising walks over the years but as we haven't all been together for over a year we plan on doing something later in the year and making a donation to a chosen charity and suicide awareness is on our list.

By *awtieCouple  over a year ago

Dungloe

Good to know its still happening. Will attend.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

My daughter did it Before covid and wanted me to do it but at the time I couldn’t. She took pictures and said it was the most moving thing she saw going by the pictures I would agree. Brilliant it’s happening this year

"My daughter did it Before covid and wanted me to do it but at the time I couldn’t. She took pictures and said it was the most moving thing she saw going by the pictures I would agree. Brilliant it’s happening this year "

I volunteered one year at it and the atmosphere is unreal, when people were walking by use they were cheering us on for volunteering , hopefully next year the big gatherings can take place

By *omtom1969Man  over a year ago

ashbourne

I use to do it but have stopped,, when you look at the wages these people pay themselves nd how they treat the staff you have to wonder is it really a charity or just a money making machine

By *appytoadsCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Will do OP, always a lovely event, remembering ones we've lost

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I won't be able to do it again this year with work but it is a worthy cause and I will get to do it at some stage.

Unfortunately again this year people can't gather in large groups, but myself, family & friends will all be doing walks in our locality & proudly wearing the T shirt...this year more than ever many availed of the services of Pieta House

"I use to do it but have stopped,, when you look at the wages these people pay themselves nd how they treat the staff you have to wonder is it really a charity or just a money making machine"

Sadly that's the case with a lot of charities and why I prefer to volunteer instead

By *ellofish86Couple  over a year ago

Limerick

"I use to do it but have stopped,, when you look at the wages these people pay themselves nd how they treat the staff you have to wonder is it really a charity or just a money making machine"

I did not donate this year for the same reason. It tore me as it's a fantastic service. Donated to a local suicide watch instead.

There’s an ongoing investigation regarding the ( over? + excessive) payments to board members /CEO etc

It’s not looking good for pieta, at all.

I’m not a critic and I’ve lost an uncle, cousin and friend to suicide over the years.

The sooner charities are properly regulated and the management are put on fixed wages the better.

"I use to do it but have stopped,, when you look at the wages these people pay themselves nd how they treat the staff you have to wonder is it really a charity or just a money making machine

I did not donate this year for the same reason. It tore me as it's a fantastic service. Donated to a local suicide watch instead. "

Well done for donating to LSW, it is an unbelievable service they provide. I used to be down that direction a lot one time and know a member of that group. You just reminded me to donate to them myself. They deserve all the credit and help they get.

"I use to do it but have stopped,, when you look at the wages these people pay themselves nd how they treat the staff you have to wonder is it really a charity or just a money making machine

I did not donate this year for the same reason. It tore me as it's a fantastic service. Donated to a local suicide watch instead.

Well done for donating to LSW, it is an unbelievable service they provide. I used to be down that direction a lot one time and know a member of that group. You just reminded me to donate to them myself. They deserve all the credit and help they get. "

There's a great gang in Galway do the waterways night watch too

By *ogladyWoman  over a year ago

The bog

I done the walk for fist time three years ago after I lost my son to sucide now my whole family come together every year since to do it. But we now donate to our local suicide charity instead of pieta...

By *phrodite72Woman  over a year ago

dublin/galway

"I done the walk for fist time three years ago after I lost my son to sucide now my whole family come together every year since to do it. But we now donate to our local suicide charity instead of pieta..."

Sending hugs hun

I'll be doing it, it will be my first time

"I done the walk for fist time three years ago after I lost my son to sucide now my whole family come together every year since to do it. But we now donate to our local suicide charity instead of pieta..."

Very sorry to hear that.

Wow! I got goosebumps reading this, some of us get abusive messages on fab and others have to deal with the loss of a son! How little we know and how fast are we to judge....

I'm so sorry for your loss and wholeheartedly hope you find comfort and peace in time.

By *ustin-SiderMan  over a year ago

Belfast

Genuinely so sorry to hear that Boglady. I lost a partner three years back to suicide after she was ill for a long time. Although not quite the same as a parent losing a kid I can relate to and empathise with that sense of deep loss.

I hope life has been kind to you since.

Belfast

[Removed by poster at 30/04/21 23:27:07]

Belfast

"Saturday May 8th is this year's darkness into light walk. If you haven't signed up yet please do or donate to this worthy cause.

Suicide has touched the lifes of most people and there just isn't enough support available "

Where does this take place?

The bog

"I done the walk for fist time three years ago after I lost my son to sucide now my whole family come together every year since to do it. But we now donate to our local suicide charity instead of pieta...

Wow! I got goosebumps reading this, some of us get abusive messages on fab and others have to deal with the loss of a son! How little we know and how fast are we to judge....

I'm so sorry for your loss and wholeheartedly hope you find comfort and peace in time.

"

Thank you..I have my hood and bad days..I donated his organs and his heart lungs and kidney's Where all sucsufully transplanted and his liver went to research so the way I look at it is that's his just gome off on a new adventure cause his heart is Still beating and his lungs are still breathing and that is what hot me through it...he gave four people the best Xmas gift they could ever receive..

"Saturday May 8th is this year's darkness into light walk. If you haven't signed up yet please do or donate to this worthy cause.

Suicide has touched the lifes of most people and there just isn't enough support available

Where does this take place?"

All over the world, you can register online they are promoting social distance walks, runs or dawn swims this year, if you check out the website

"

Thank you..I have my hood and bad days..I donated his organs and his heart lungs and kidney's Where all sucsufully transplanted and his liver went to research so the way I look at it is that's his just gome off on a new adventure cause his heart is Still beating and his lungs are still breathing and that is what hot me through it...he gave four people the best Xmas gift they could ever receive.."

Some amazing and selfless thing to do. I admire your decision to do that. You are a strong woman

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I done the walk for fist time three years ago after I lost my son to sucide now my whole family come together every year since to do it. But we now donate to our local suicide charity instead of pieta...

Thank you..I have my hood and bad days..I donated his organs and his heart lungs and kidney's Where all sucsufully transplanted and his liver went to research so the way I look at it is that's his just gome off on a new adventure cause his heart is Still beating and his lungs are still breathing and that is what hot me through it...he gave four people the best Xmas gift they could ever receive.."

Do you mind if I ask are you told about where his organs went...I'd imagine its a great comfort to you and i was wondering if you every heard from the people who's lives he changed with your donation

The bog

Thank you..I have my hood and bad days..I donated his organs and his heart lungs and kidney's Where all sucsufully transplanted and his liver went to research so the way I look at it is that's his just gome off on a new adventure cause his heart is Still beating and his lungs are still breathing and that is what hot me through it...he gave four people the best Xmas gift they could ever receive..

Do you mind if I ask are you told about where his organs went...I'd imagine its a great comfort to you and i was wondering if you every heard from the people who's lives he changed with your donation "

I just a letter telling me the age and sex of the People and a little About them..a 62 man GT his heart a 17 girl hot his lungs she was only hiven a few months till she received his lungs a 32 year man got one kidney and 28 year old man got another kidney..

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

whst a beautiful thing you did....... take each day at a time he’s with you every step of the way

somewhere

Do you mind if I ask are you told about where his organs went...I'd imagine its a great comfort to you and i was wondering if you every heard from the people who's lives he changed with your donation

I just a letter telling me the age and sex of the People and a little About them..a 62 man GT his heart a 17 girl hot his lungs she was only hiven a few months till she received his lungs a 32 year man got one kidney and 28 year old man got another kidney.."

Thats nice to hear,I've carried a card for a long time and I often wondered what happens

The bog

I just a letter telling me the age and sex of the People and a little About them..a 62 man GT his heart a 17 girl hot his lungs she was only hiven a few months till she received his lungs a 32 year man got one kidney and 28 year old man got another kidney..

Thats nice to hear,I've carried a card for a long time and I often wondered what happens

"

The transplant co ordinatiors were brilliant ..the week after i revived locks of my son's hair tied in blue ribbons and his handprints which I thought was so nice of them to that and that they treated him with such care..

somewhere

The transplant co ordinatiors were brilliant ..the week after i revived locks of my son's hair tied in blue ribbons and his handprints which I thought was so nice of them to that and that they treated him with such care.."

I know they do that too with still births and its great to see

Just by telling his story and yours on here tonight you might have even made someone think that they need to carry a card

"

The transplant co ordinatiors were brilliant ..the week after i revived locks of my son's hair tied in blue ribbons and his handprints which I thought was so nice of them to that and that they treated him with such care.."

Such an enlighting and beautiful story. I never came across anything like this before. I imagine it takes time to open up and be able to share these details, but how important it is to know. I'm a donor too but know very little about the whole process. I think people would be less concerned and less scared about donating organs if they knew more and specially if by doing that you can change other lives...

By *ofusplusCouple  over a year ago

Limerick

So sorry to read this, you did a wonderful thing donating his organs x

Whilst raising money for charity is good. Im afraid this is 1 I wont be contributing to again. Is the OP aware of what is happening with this charity and where all the money has gone.???

"Whilst raising money for charity is good. Im afraid this is 1 I wont be contributing to again. Is the OP aware of what is happening with this charity and where all the money has gone.???"

I am aware but I'm still going to do the walk

So sorry to hear this I’ll think of you also as I do it xx

By *heMystroMan  over a year ago

Dublin

Very difficult for you to do but a beautiful way for his memory to live on .

I just a letter telling me the age and sex of the People and a little About them..a 62 man GT his heart a 17 girl hot his lungs she was only hiven a few months till she received his lungs a 32 year man got one kidney and 28 year old man got another kidney.."

Good luck to anyone taking part in the morning. Xx

By *ottie00Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

Doing my little bit for my local charity. If I can contribute to helping or changing even 1 persons life and mental health I am forever happy xx

Just back, wet and windy morning for a 5k but tucked up back in bed now with electric blanket on

By *scouple07Couple  over a year ago

louth, Ireland

Well done to everyone who got involved, especially with the horrendous weather out

By *andytownMan  over a year ago

Gods Own Country

It's good to talk

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"Just back, wet and windy morning for a 5k but tucked up back in bed now with electric blanket on "

Well done DD hope you warmed up since.

Wasn’t able to participate this year due to yesterday’s work load but well done to all who did a worthy cause indeed

» Add a new message to this topic