FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Reading profile

Reading profile

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it just me or are there more people not reading profiles? I know it happens but it just seems like this lockdown is making people more silly/bad mannered. For the last few weeks I've been blocking at least 3 people a day and having a bit of a moan on my status lol.

Sorry rant over, was just wondering if anyone is experiencing this too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Is it just me or are there more people not reading profiles? I know it happens but it just seems like this lockdown is making people more silly/bad mannered. For the last few weeks I've been blocking at least 3 people a day and having a bit of a moan on my status lol.

Sorry rant over, was just wondering if anyone is experiencing this too "

Ah now come on now, its a bit of an essay to be fair.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No I think its pretty much the same as usual maybe more have time to message but a lot of people didn't read them before lockdown as well.

"Is it just me or are there more people not reading profiles? I know it happens but it just seems like this lockdown is making people more silly/bad mannered. For the last few weeks I've been blocking at least 3 people a day and having a bit of a moan on my status lol.

Ah now come on now, its a bit of an essay to be fair. "

I've seen much longer tbh and it takes less than a minute to read

By *atrickdooley777Man  over a year ago

cork

[Removed by poster at 08/02/21 20:40:09]

"No I think its pretty much the same as usual maybe more have time to message but a lot of people didn't read them before lockdown as well. "

Glad it's not just me lol

By *atrickdooley777Man  over a year ago

cork

"No I think its pretty much the same as usual maybe more have time to message but a lot of people didn't read them before lockdown as well.

Glad it's not just me lol "

Just chill out guys ..its only yapping fun in lockdown

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

And it's not just men who don't read them.

"And it's not just men who don't read them. "

I know that's why I said people and not men

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

"No I think its pretty much the same as usual maybe more have time to message but a lot of people didn't read them before lockdown as well.

Glad it's not just me lol "

Doesn't bother me it's always happened. I just delete them if they haven't and forget about it. If they persist then they get blocked.

"And it's not just men who don't read them. "

Dead right, no women read mine

By *elena1990TV/TS  over a year ago

"And it's not just men who don't read them.

I know that's why I said people and not men"

Hahaha yer gas

Belfast

"And it's not just men who don't read them.

Dead right, no women read mine "

It is a bit of an essay tbf

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

Ive read your profile before and also Tony's

In fact I started a thread once about photography and Tony joined in

Is the profile a little bit confusing and invites the wrong messages

For instance you're not looking for single men but are verified by single men

Are you getting messages from single men that you then block

It takes less than a minute to read, yes I actually timed it lol. Less than 60 seconds of someone's time isn't too much to ask. It's one of those little things that gets very annoying and tedious when you have to keep blocking or repeating yourself

Are you getting messages from single men that you then block "

True.. ive been victim .. ill apoligise if mail wasnt for ye but please relax abt it .. ur looking for tv cd

Are you getting messages from single men that you then block "

Yes that's right. The verifications from single men are actually CD/TV'S

somewhere

But some of them just identify as men on their profiles....possibly leading to unwanted messages

Yes that's right. The verifications from single men are actually CD/TV'S"

Why so smart ? ..

"But some of them just identify as men on their profiles....possibly leading to unwanted messages "

No I've single men blocked, men who are also CD/TV'S have contacted me in forums

Yes that's right. The verifications from single men are actually CD/TV'S

Why so smart ? .. "

What are you on about?

I've read profiles of people saying, don't contact me I'm not answering messages.

Then they're changing their profile to oh thanks to so and so for messaging me today and giving me a great laugh, then reverting to dont contact me I'm not responding to anyone.

I see these on my local updates.

Or I'm not meeting anyone else because I've found my soul mate, then the profile is changed again to, some rant about someone else and they know who they are, and some heading about some one who won't stop messaging them...

I'm thinking there's people here just making random things up just for validation or something.

Then there's updates about I'm not available to chat for the week so please don't contact me,then it's changed to the opposite of that to, thanks for the great pic's today and someone's username in brackets...

Don't contact me, but someone is contacting me, or will so and so with multiple profiles please stop messaging me, who cares.

There's a block button isn't there..

I get a great laugh at these updates though

"I've read profiles of people saying, don't contact me I'm not answering messages.

Then they're changing their profile to oh thanks to so and so for messaging me today and giving me a great laugh, then reverting to dont contact me I'm not responding to anyone.

I see these on my local updates.

Or I'm not meeting anyone else because I've found my soul mate, then the profile is changed again to, some rant about someone else and they know who they are, and some heading about some one who won't stop messaging them...

I'm thinking there's people here just making random things up just for validation or something.

Then there's updates about I'm not available to chat for the week so please don't contact me,then it's changed to the opposite of that to, thanks for the great pic's today and someone's username in brackets...

Don't contact me, but someone is contacting me, or will so and so with multiple profiles please stop messaging me, who cares.

There's a block button isn't there..

I get a great laugh at these updates though "

Lol yeah confusing wtf moments

I know it's just confusing I'm wondering is there a lot of fake profiles or what

"I know it's just confusing I'm wondering is there a lot of fake profiles or what "

Yeah I think so

Lots dont read profiles. We get messages addressing me directly as if i am a single women. Clearly a couples profile and clearly state we dont meet separately.

Mrs S x

Belfast

Validation is like oxygen to quite a few people

"Lots dont read profiles. We get messages addressing me directly as if i am a single women. Clearly a couples profile and clearly state we dont meet separately.

Mrs S x"

I know what you mean hun lol

By *indenMan  over a year ago

Naas which is South West of Dublin

Doesn’t asking people somewhere in your bio to use a particular word or phrase in the message heading if they’re going to message you to show they’ve read you profile work?

"Validation is like oxygen to quite a few people"

lol

"I know it's just confusing I'm wondering is there a lot of fake profiles or what

Yeah I think so"

I've been chatting with a few and they're consistent and mannerly, thats what floats my boat.

I've no interest in confusing people or playing games, what it says on my profile is what it is..

Fussy alright, but sure I'm worth it lol

It's probably easier for a guy to meet someone who is actually interesting, I only get a small amount of mail, but it's from nice people..

Tk fck

"Doesn’t asking people somewhere in your bio to use a particular word or phrase in the message heading if they’re going to message you to show they’ve read you profile work?"

Actually I have read other profiles with this in. I don't know if it works but it's worth a try. Thank you

"Lots dont read profiles. We get messages addressing me directly as if i am a single women. Clearly a couples profile and clearly state we dont meet separately.

Mrs S x

I know what you mean hun lol "

But in this phoenix profile it specifically says the lady runs the profile so obviously the sender would address the lady.

Christ I actually read some of it. I'm losing, god damn lockdown needs to end

"I know it's just confusing I'm wondering is there a lot of fake profiles or what

Yeah I think so

I've been chatting with a few and they're consistent and mannerly, thats what floats my boat.

I've no interest in confusing people or playing games, what it says on my profile is what it is..

It's probably easier for a guy to meet someone who is actually interesting, I only get a small amount of mail, but it's from nice people..

Tk fck "

Solution block all messages and just contact who you want. Some people read profiles some don't. I always read a profile but that's just me.

"Validation is like oxygen to quite a few people"

And that's for sure, it's great not to crave that from anyone, no point in selling ourselves short for the price of a few messages lol

I've read before that,that kind of validation or getting a lot of mail is like dopamine to the brain... some people get caught up in a loophole and there's no way out...

Mrs S x

I know what you mean hun lol

But in this phoenix profile it specifically says the lady runs the profile so obviously the sender would address the lady.

Christ I actually read some of it. I'm losing, god damn lockdown needs to end "

Lol I know thats why I'm getting irritated cuz I specifically put it at the beginning of my bio

By *ondalingerMan  over a year ago

City center

I enjoyed reading your profile. It was informative and to the point. Tried to private msg but men are blocked

"Solution block all messages and just contact who you want. Some people read profiles some don't. I always read a profile but that's just me. "

Totally agree hun

"I enjoyed reading your profile. It was informative and to the point. Tried to private msg but men are blocked"

Thank you so much. I've men blocked hun cuz I'm not interested in single men

I'd say it's hard trying to get through all those messages if you're popular...

Anyhow that's my tuppence worth, I'm going to watch the lampost for the evening and see if I can spot a snowflake

Keep on swinging

"I'd say it's hard trying to get through all those messages if you're popular...

Anyhow that's my tuppence worth, I'm going to watch the lampost for the evening and see if I can spot a snowflake

Keep on swinging "

Lol plenty of those on fb, just watching family guy

Thank you all so much for your advice, much appreciated xx

By *ony phoenixMan  over a year ago

Drogheda

Its really fuckin annoying. Especially when people think shes me. Ive even had people message me on my profile thinking I'm herself. Dunno if that's a compliment to me or an insult to Leanne?

And yes our profile bio's are long in comparison to many on here, but we know what we want and what we don't want. If the profiles are read and understood it saves wasting time chatting to people who in the end we dont suit or they dont suit us. To my mind its just laziness and pure rudeness to ignore profile texts.

"Its really fuckin annoying. Especially when people think shes me. Ive even had people message me on my profile thinking I'm herself. Dunno if that's a compliment to me or an insult to Leanne?

And yes our profile bio's are long in comparison to many on here, but we know what we want and what we don't want. If the profiles are read and understood it saves wasting time chatting to people who in the end we dont suit or they dont suit us. To my mind its just laziness and pure rudeness to ignore profile texts. "

I'll take it as a compliment my love lol

somewhere

"Its really fuckin annoying. Especially when people think shes me. Ive even had people message me on my profile thinking I'm herself. Dunno if that's a compliment to me or an insult to Leanne?

And yes our profile bio's are long in comparison to many on here, but we know what we want and what we don't want. If the profiles are read and understood it saves wasting time chatting to people who in the end we dont suit or they dont suit us. To my mind its just laziness and pure rudeness to ignore profile texts.

I'll take it as a compliment my love lol"

Get a room you two

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

Reading someone's profile is the very first thing I read before anything else it just makes sense although some don't bother with writing up a profile which is grand i admire their pics and then take it from there and hopefully I win the lotto

By *ent and bratCouple  over a year ago

here there everywhere

[Removed by poster at 09/02/21 00:52:12]

By *ent and bratCouple  over a year ago

here there everywhere

Mrs S x"

The "hey gorgeous" msgs tho they shouldnt, really annoy us lol

And yes our profile bio's are long in comparison to many on here, but we know what we want and what we don't want. If the profiles are read and understood it saves wasting time chatting to people who in the end we dont suit or they dont suit us. To my mind its just laziness and pure rudeness to ignore profile texts. "

Both profiles have long and interesting bios. I have no idea how people can think that fem is running Tony's profile

First seconds and I knew!

I think its pure laziness that people wont sacrifice a few minutes to read the bio and then send a message.

I have put my filters down because of the forum games and forget to put them back. Result? Lots of unwanted messages with dick pics or strange offers.

My tolerance is sometimes very limited and its a quick block.

I have no mercy for rude people. They never fet out from the blocked corner

By *ed_AliceWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

Yeah I think so

Tk fck "

Slight tangent from the OP, but this last line is a really great way of framing things for those people who complain they don't get a lot of messages.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"Doesn’t asking people somewhere in your bio to use a particular word or phrase in the message heading if they’re going to message you to show they’ve read you profile work?

Actually I have read other profiles with this in. I don't know if it works but it's worth a try. Thank you "

Please don't try that. It doesn't work and looks as bad as the Sidney university thing. You know yourself who didn't read it by their messages only x

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

We feel your struggle OP.

I think I'll start adding a note "read written profile" on all our new photos.

It is really frustrating when people completely disregard your preferences even though you have carefully listed them out to save everyone's time and effort.

It is also very hard not to be rude to those who blatantly ignore those preferences just because they didn't feel they are important enough

That's the way it is on here I'm fed up blocking people wanting to add as friend and dosnt read profile or speek fabs gone rubbish lately, even if you have something on your status they still crack on, they assume genuine people are easy etc etc they havnt a clue there's right attitude and respect before a meet happens, mostly single males I had to turn on my filters spoils it for everyone.

By *ardyboy54321Man  over a year ago

Fermanagh

I just look at the pics

By *usietranslutTV/TS  over a year ago

carlow

Leanne,

I think it is just a symptom of the current tabloid society we live in which had been made much worse by lockdowns. People seek instant gratification and rarely read much beyond the headlines before stating their own (often warped) version of events. Respect, kindness and actually listening have all but disappeared from society. The only good thing is that when such people are actually required to communicate reasonably it becomes obvious fairly quickly that you should have nothing more to do with them!! Small mercy I know for All the crap you have to deal with.

By *atts n titsCouple  over a year ago

everywhere

I réad people's profiles when forum's are dry then I paint a piece of the wall and watch it dry

I can confirm that that it is certainly not just you. Treat it as a trapdoor to catch out people you probably don’t want to meet!

By *ducatedFool88Man  over a year ago

Drogheda

From the same area as Pheonix and Tony, get a few lads who message me, even though theres nothing on my profile about being bi or eing interested in men. Spme absolute mongs in the North East i can tell you i just block and move on.

Have liked many of your pics though Pheonix, but never had the notion to message, as i read your profile and know im not what you are looking for

Belfast

"From the same area as Pheonix and Tony, get a few lads who message me, even though theres nothing on my profile about being bi or eing interested in men. Spme absolute mongs in the North East i can tell you i just block and move on.

Have liked many of your pics though Pheonix, but never had the notion to message, as i read your profile and know im not what you are looking for "

You know you can block men from messaging you and then you don't have to concern yourself with that?

Drogheda

[Removed by poster at 09/02/21 22:07:46]

Drogheda

"From the same area as Pheonix and Tony, get a few lads who message me, even though theres nothing on my profile about being bi or eing interested in men. Spme absolute mongs in the North East i can tell you i just block and move on.

Have liked many of your pics though Pheonix, but never had the notion to message, as i read your profile and know im not what you are looking for

You know you can block men from messaging you and then you don't have to concern yourself with that? "

Oh no i have already, just maling a comparison

Belfast

You know you can block men from messaging you and then you don't have to concern yourself with that?

Oh no i have already, just maling a comparison "

I meant you can block all men from messaging rather than individuals.

Drogheda

Oh no i have already, just maling a comparison

I meant you can block all men from messaging rather than individuals."

Again, i know, and have. Been on here long enough lol

There's a perception that some actually don't when in fact they do. I had one last week and they foolishly assumed because I read their profile that I had read another profile, the other half. And it makes them feel superior when they accuse you of not reading it. The assumption is there.

But probably a different issue to my one lol

Whatever you do,dont block me.lol...

14 messages and 11 winks this morning and only one person actually read our profile carefully

"14 messages and 11 winks this morning and only one person actually read our profile carefully

"

yeah i can see what you mean some people just don't get it or want to get it

» Add a new message to this topic