FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > The word robot irritation

The word robot irritation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *verage Joe Black OP   Man  over a year ago

Border Area

There are a number of words that are not permitted for use in forum posts, for example specific drug references, the word that describes non consensual sex, and a myriad of others.

And the automated removal software rules seem to be a little basic. For example, I like to use the word "tumblew.e.e.d" in posts, but as I often forget about the little censor robot, the post appears as "tumble" since the dumb algorithm used can't distinguish that I am not talking about drugs..!

And yesterday two of my posts disappeared for reference to the non consensual sex word.

Anyone else find these rules just bloody irritating..?!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"There are a number of words that are not permitted for use in forum posts, for example specific drug references, the word that describes non consensual sex, and a myriad of others.

And the automated removal software rules seem to be a little basic. For example, I like to use the word "tumblew.e.e.d" in posts, but as I often forget about the little censor robot, the post appears as "tumble" since the dumb algorithm used can't distinguish that I am not talking about drugs..!

And yesterday two of my posts disappeared for reference to the non consensual sex word.

Anyone else find these rules just bloody irritating..?! "

They can be a minor annoyance alright but I absolutely understand the reasoning and intentions behind them. Similar to the no 'nudity' rule on Insta or FB - You'll find tonnes of sex workers complaining that their lewd pics have been removed but, in my humble opinion, those minor inconveniences are worth it to stop Insta, FB (and indeed sites like these) becoming a haven for the less savoury sexually related activities - human trafficking etc.

A small price to pay for being able to maintain some semblance of ethical morality.

"There are a number of words that are not permitted for use in forum posts, for example specific drug references, the word that describes non consensual sex, and a myriad of others.

Anyone else find these rules just bloody irritating..?!

They can be a minor annoyance alright but I absolutely understand the reasoning and intentions behind them. Similar to the no 'nudity' rule on Insta or FB - You'll find tonnes of sex workers complaining that their lewd pics have been removed but, in my humble opinion, those minor inconveniences are worth it to stop Insta, FB (and indeed sites like these) becoming a haven for the less savoury sexually related activities - human trafficking etc.

A small price to pay for being able to maintain some semblance of ethical morality. "

By *eaAndBenCouple  over a year ago

Dublin

Meh... only ever happened to me once and that was yesterday... I only posted cos Pete’s word play was as always top notch.

That aside I understand the non consensual references etc being removed... those are potentially slippery slopes and it makes sense for the site to protect itself against any possible fallout.

I too find the word Robot irritating. Since the 60's is has been mispronunciated by westerners.

"Row-bit" is the initial, and correct way to say it.

» Add a new message to this topic