FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Halloween lovers?

Halloween lovers?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Christmas is probably the most liked holiday of the year but have we any halloween fans on here?

I'm absolutely gutted this year as nothing can be done with covid / level 3 and I would always go all out and do up my house!

Anyone have much plans? Still dress up? Spooky horror night?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

We go all out for Halloween. We have had the house decorated since Oct 1st. Every window/mantelpiece has "scary" decorations on. We have big old stone house with tall ceilings and period features so it lends itself quite well to being made spooky. The kids have been costume planning since they went back to school. Obviously trick of treating will be off the menu, but we will still all dress up and we will do halloween games. We have a couple of large boxes that we store all the halloween shite in and we only buy a few new bits every year so it doesnt cost all that much. This year we will be "blue" velociraptor from Jurassic world, a headless horseman, a spider queen, a tiger cub, and a bumblebee. MrsF and I arrnt 100% sure yet but we are thinking about being the couple from Neighbour Next Door

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

I love Halloween season.

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

Will prob do it up a bit more than usual since well be staying home and having a party for them. Kids arent that pushed

By *ratos87Man  over a year ago

Galway

Think Halloween has become my favourite holiday. Used to be Xmas but that lasts 3/4 months now so its a bit much.

Love watching horror movies all through October and if we didn't have a certain thing happening right now I'd likely be putting a costume together. Love it.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Dont care for Halloween. Constant firework bangs outside my house and Anti social behaviour. Maybe its better in quiet areas but I'd happily cancel Halloween.

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

I was wondering if a table across my drive way with pre-packed bags of sweets on it would work if kids are out walking with their parents.

A kind of help yourself...but maybe no kids will be out anyway

East / North, Cork

"I was wondering if a table across my drive way with pre-packed bags of sweets on it would work if kids are out walking with their parents.

A kind of help yourself...but maybe no kids will be out anyway "

I was thinking the same. Individually wrapped sweeties on a regularly disinfected table maybe for callers. Either way my kids wont be going door to door.

By *atherjackhackettMan  over a year ago

Tipperary

I've seen Halloween stuff outside houses since the beginning of the month. The world's gone mad.

East / North, Cork

"I've seen Halloween stuff outside houses since the beginning of the month. The world's gone mad. "

Kids have a lot to be anxious and stressed about at the moment. Halloween is needed more than ever.

Nah I'm not that big into Halloween on account of all Halloween decorations being ugly. I do decorate for my kid but I hate filling my lovely home with gross skeletons and spider webs etc. I'm much more of a Christmas girl.

Having said that, I have amazing memories of my haloweens as a kid with big family parties and 21 cousins all around my age. I feel terrible for my daughter who doesn't have any siblings or cousins. Especially this year under the circumstances.

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Funny thing with this year's Halloween rather than putting on it's taking off the mask in public that will scare people.

Anyhow I always have a few decos up just to celebrate the season.

Hallows Eve rocks

I'll be muttering incantations over my cauldron as usual

By *ineapple_PrincessWoman  over a year ago

in the waves

Halloween lover here! I'm really gutted it won't be the same this year due to covid. It's such a bummer for the kids.

I love dressing up and heading out to parties. So I may just have to have my own spooky party at home

"I've seen Halloween stuff outside houses since the beginning of the month. The world's gone mad. "

Nothing mad about it at all it's the month of hallows so it's a celebration all month

"We go all out for Halloween. We have had the house decorated since Oct 1st. Every window/mantelpiece has "scary" decorations on. We have big old stone house with tall ceilings and period features so it lends itself quite well to being made spooky. The kids have been costume planning since they went back to school. Obviously trick of treating will be off the menu, but we will still all dress up and we will do halloween games. We have a couple of large boxes that we store all the halloween shite in and we only buy a few new bits every year so it doesnt cost all that much. This year we will be "blue" velociraptor from Jurassic world, a headless horseman, a spider queen, a tiger cub, and a bumblebee. MrsF and I arrnt 100% sure yet but we are thinking about being the couple from Neighbour Next Door "

Sounds like ye have a right fun night planned out for yerselfs! Normally I'm working as it would be a bankholiday but I'd still dress up heading into work but finally this year I can plan somthing out myself!

I work with events so I've alot of gear lying around not being used so was thinking of putting on a outdoor projector show for the neighbours for there windows!

"Funny thing with this year's Halloween rather than putting on it's taking off the mask in public that will scare people.

Anyhow I always have a few decos up just to celebrate the season. "

Haha that's actually gas thinking about that! Ahh you'd have to and it's good for the soul as well given people so thing to do

I adore Halloween.. Its my very favourite holiday. This year will be a bit different with no firework displays or parties.. But such is life

"Christmas is probably the most liked holiday of the year but have we any halloween fans on here?

I'm absolutely gutted this year as nothing can be done with covid / level 3 and I would always go all out and do up my house!

Anyone have much plans? Still dress up? Spooky horror night?

"

Halloween is my absolute favorite ! Still dress up.

By *ed_AliceWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

I love Halloween. My favourite holiday.

If I'm home on Halloween night I usually get dressed up to 'scare' the trick & treaters.

This year I'm going to make a cobweb across the front gate & peg individual packs of sweets for passing kids to pick from. (Minimal touching/contact for everyone) I don't think there'll be many out & about mind you.

"I love Halloween. My favourite holiday.

If I'm home on Halloween night I usually get dressed up to 'scare' the trick & treaters.

This year I'm going to make a cobweb across the front gate & peg individual packs of sweets for passing kids to pick from. (Minimal touching/contact for everyone) I don't think there'll be many out & about mind you."

Very doubtful this year but it's nice to have it just incase!

Have a good one everyone whatever you end up doing

» Add a new message to this topic