FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Pets

Pets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Tell us about yours

I'm personally a huge dog lover but who doesn't just love animals in general!

So please share what bundles of floof, past and present, you've had enrich your life and how they came into it in the first place

Funny stories and unique names a bonus!

*prays for pictures to be sent*

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Tropical fish,but use to keep scorpions trantulas and lizards

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Tell us about yours

So please share what bundles of floof, past and present, you've had enrich your life and how they came into it in the first place

*prays for pictures to be sent*"

Pussies I love them

By *rmrs1234Couple  over a year ago

Waterford

german shepherd, mastweiler and about 6 scorpions

Waterford

"german shepherd, mastweiler and about 6 scorpions"

they got the scorpion at a reptile show, guy insisted it was a male so the kids named it bob. fast forward 7 months later and "bob" had a load of babies.didnt bother changing the name and we called the babies mini bob

kilkenny

"german shepherd, mastweiler and about 6 scorpions

they got the scorpion at a reptile show, guy insisted it was a male so the kids named it bob. fast forward 7 months later and "bob" had a load of babies.didnt bother changing the name and we called the babies mini bob "

Lol females tend to be larger than the males....but bob and mini bobs is a good call.

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgowish

A big soft lump of a golden retriever who is now 13 and deaf and a crazy but lovable black cocakapoo. They are my soulmates and together we have walked miles and had many adventures.x

Ach, I'm sick of sending you pussy pics and getting nowhere

His name is now changed to Cat Boy Slim

they got the scorpion at a reptile show, guy insisted it was a male so the kids named it bob. fast forward 7 months later and "bob" had a load of babies.didnt bother changing the name and we called the babies mini bob "

Today I learned scorpions have babies, and dont lay eggs.

I’ve a pet snake , but nobody wants to see him never mind pet him

By *orguyMan  over a year ago

Tuam

"I’ve a pet snake , but nobody wants to see him never mind pet him "

Send them all loads of pics of your snake

"I’ve a pet snake , but nobody wants to see him never mind pet him "

Put it away, for crying out loud

they got the scorpion at a reptile show, guy insisted it was a male so the kids named it bob. fast forward 7 months later and "bob" had a load of babies.didnt bother changing the name and we called the babies mini bob

"

Me too! Not that I had previously given it a moment's thought

"Ach, I'm sick of sending you pussy pics and getting nowhere"

The 104th time's a charm, I swear!

Waterford

"

They all cling onto the mothers body so they look like little white lice. Its actually pretty gross. First time i seen it i though mould or something was growin on bobs body. Nope it was half a billion little white scorpions (shudder)

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

A stocky black cat called Cole

4 hens called Aleena, Amelia, Karen, and Sharon

A baby tortoise called Darwin

An adult corn snake called Rocky

2 Guinea pigs called Pudding and Dumpling

And too many goats to name

Yes really lol

Waterford

They all cling onto the mothers body so they look like little white lice. Its actually pretty gross. First time i seen it i though mould or something was growin on bobs body. Nope it was half a billion little white scorpions (shudder)"

So was not witness to the birthing process so ive no clue if they were eggs or born either way they freak me out and theyre only still here because the kids think theyre deadly

They all cling onto the mothers body so they look like little white lice. Its actually pretty gross. First time i seen it i though mould or something was growin on bobs body. Nope it was half a billion little white scorpions (shudder)"

It's ok, I didn't want breakfast anyway, really

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

Sounds more than a little creepy. What are you going to do when mini bobs have mini mini bobs

Waterford

They all cling onto the mothers body so they look like little white lice. Its actually pretty gross. First time i seen it i though mould or something was growin on bobs body. Nope it was half a billion little white scorpions (shudder)

Sounds more than a little creepy. What are you going to do when mini bobs have mini mini bobs "

Getting new tanks in the new year and seperating them all. I am sooo not going through that again. Feck that

Waterford

It's ok, I didn't want breakfast anyway, really"

Youre welcome

"They all cling onto the mothers body so they look like little white lice. Its actually pretty gross. First time i seen it i though mould or something was growin on bobs body. Nope it was half a billion little white scorpions (shudder)"

I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords

Somewhere in Co. Down

Sounds more than a little creepy. What are you going to do when mini bobs have mini mini bobs

Getting new tanks in the new year and seperating them all. I am sooo not going through that again. Feck that"

Sounds like a good plan.

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've got 3 dogs and a horse. That's more than enough for me.

Waterford

Getting new tanks in the new year and seperating them all. I am sooo not going through that again. Feck that

Sounds like a good plan. "

And even better plan would be to not have them in the house at all. They originally wanted a damn tarantula. Says the ones who go running screaming a money spider like and they wanted a bloody tarantula

Sounds like a good plan.

And even better plan would be to not have them in the house at all. They originally wanted a damn tarantula. Says the ones who go running screaming a money spider like and they wanted a bloody tarantula"

What animal eats scorpions? You could get yourself a self contained biosphere to keep the scorpion population under control.

"I've got 3 dogs and a horse. That's more than enough for me. "

What breed of doggos do you have, if I may ask of course!

By *oghunter33Woman  over a year ago

on the hill NordWest of

Sounds like a good plan.

And even better plan would be to not have them in the house at all. They originally wanted a damn tarantula. Says the ones who go running screaming a money spider like and they wanted a bloody tarantula

What animal eats scorpions? You could get yourself a self contained biosphere to keep the scorpion population under control. "

Bats some bats eat scorpions.

By *issme39Woman  over a year ago

kildare

I've a beautiful but very bold springer spaniel!! Has my heart broke but she also has what's left of my broken heart

I have a lovely old rescue doggo called Lucy who's very sweet and when she climbs up onto my lap she really leans in for the snuggle. She's my baby.

I also have 2 cats. One of them, Coco, is my personal role model and I try to be more like her every day. The other, Tabs, is just a kitten and so appears in every way to be psychotic.

And this is where the funny names come in. I have 5 chickens, each named after my favorite contestant from Ru Paul's Drag Race. In order of flock hierarchy there's Latrice Royale, Sasha Velour, Jujubee, Manilla Luzon, and Blair Saint Claire. They're all different breeds so they're different sizes, different shapes, different feather patterns etc. And their personalities are amazing.

A Jack Russell and a horses

East / North, Cork

We have loads of bats in a shed, plus the snake might enjoy some scorpions. We should get some

Somewhere in Co. Down

"I've got 3 dogs and a horse. That's more than enough for me.

What breed of doggos do you have, if I may ask of course! "

I've a springer spaniel, a border collie, and a belgium shepherd. They are all characters.

kilkenny

Sounds like a good plan.

What animal eats scorpions? You could get yourself a self contained biosphere to keep the scorpion population under control. "

Praying mantis eat them.... Discovered to my horror

"Tell us about yours

*prays for pictures to be sent*"

I've a black and white one-eyed cat called Nick Furry and a black cat called Merlin and a white cat called Shadow. I love them more than life itself! They're all cuddly little cutie pies.

By *oft_sexy_sweetWoman  over a year ago

Dublin

I have a black and white tuxedo cat, she's 6 months old, her name is Lulu Guinness, and she is an unending nightmare terrorist fluffball. I love her.

Had Irish Wolfhounds... Absolutely adored them ..both passed from bone cancer at different times

By *aid backMan  over a year ago

by a lake with my rod out

English bull terrier

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

6 dogs, a zombie hamster and 3 house trained children.

"6 dogs, a zombie hamster and 3 house trained children. "

Zombie hamsters are always full of surprises

"6 dogs, a zombie hamster and 3 house trained children.

Zombie hamsters are always full of surprises "

Oh and the children too.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"6 dogs, a zombie hamster and 3 house trained children.

Zombie hamsters are always full of surprises

Oh and the children too. "

Dogs are the easy part

[Removed by poster at 11/10/20 16:49:18]

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

Somehow my dog became the man of the house so he has me as a pet

Hes good to me tho

By *rgasmdonorMan  over a year ago

millstreet

Two French Bulldogs ,, they are brothers named Spliff and Dooby

I'm a dog person, always have been. Two currently hoping to add to the fur family after Christmas! So excited for another puppy

By *londie and him 1Couple  over a year ago

north west

Two gorgeous big bears ...German shepherd brothers Ron & Reg 6 years old and come everywhere with us

Does anyone have any rescues?

I unfortunately had to give up volunteering at a shelter in the past but it was always a good, bitter-sweet, moment seeing an empty space the next week

Waterford

"Does anyone have any rescues?

I unfortunately had to give up volunteering at a shelter in the past but it was always a good, bitter-sweet, moment seeing an empty space the next week "

my aunt and nanny took in a rescue dog. she was found abandoned a few years back on a beach in wexford. she is literally the sweetest ball of black fluff ever. shes the boss of the house and spoiled rotten

I unfortunately had to give up volunteering at a shelter in the past but it was always a good, bitter-sweet, moment seeing an empty space the next week "

My doggo us a rescue. She was abandoned in a shed, locked away for weeks with no food or water. When she was found she couldn't even stand up the poor wee baby.

One of my cats was rescued as a feral kitten. For the first few weeks after I got her she'd hiss anytime I went near her. But now she's more affectionate than the dog even.

My cat is a rescue, hence the extensive psychological damage!

East / North, Cork

Our hens are rescued caged hens. They had hardly any feathers when we got them. We even had to teach them to roost as they had no idea how!

Also our cat was rescued off a local farmer who was going to drown the whole litter. A wild cat had her babies in one of his barns. We took 3 and managed to rehome 2 and kept one.

[Removed by poster at 11/10/20 17:58:49]

Mine are rescues.. The love you receive back from them is unbelievable, I think the kids think I love the dogs more than them

"

Our hens are rescued caged hens. They had hardly any feathers when we got them. We even had to teach them to roost as they had no idea how!

"

Aw that's so sad! I wanted to get rescue hens but I'd never had chickens before and was worried they'd be too much work. If we decide to add to the flock I think we'll definitely go down the rescue route!

By *kblueeyesCouple  over a year ago

kilkenny

We always have rescue dogs currently we have 2 love them to bits, they give us so much love as though they know we rescued them

"Our hens are rescued caged hens. They had hardly any feathers when we got them. We even had to teach them to roost as they had no idea how!

Also our cat was rescued off a local farmer who was going to drown the whole litter. A wild cat had her babies in one of his barns. We took 3 and managed to rehome 2 and kept one. "

What went into teaching the hens that? Is it more patience and perseverance until their instincts take over or did you have to do anything specific?

By *razy-CplCouple  over a year ago

and surrounding areas

We have a Teacup Yorkie dog , she is so loveable , and an African Grey parrot , who can talk and mimic sounds , he is so clever but has turned visicious lately , used to be able to hold and pet him but now he cant be trusted still wouldnt be without him

Mrs crazy

Mine are all rescues!

I unfortunately had to give up volunteering at a shelter in the past but it was always a good, bitter-sweet, moment seeing an empty space the next week

Also our cat was rescued off a local farmer who was going to drown the whole litter. A wild cat had her babies in one of his barns. We took 3 and managed to rehome 2 and kept one.

"

This makes me sad, but happy they found a good home with you!

East / North, Cork

"

Aw that's so sad! I wanted to get rescue hens but I'd never had chickens before and was worried they'd be too much work. If we decide to add to the flock I think we'll definitely go down the rescue route! "

They arent much work at all really. The hard part was trying to keep them contained. The first time they ever walked on grass was in out back garden. We like to let them roam about and we had a couple of escapes but the village know where they live now so they have been walked home when they got out. They eat very little and we get 3 eggs a day. Teaching them to roost involved borrowing another hen that was used to it and she taught the others. We are gonna get them a swing for Christmas

By *wingme22Man  over a year ago

Galway

No pets but my job means I get to take care of large birds of prey from time to time!

By *ubJesseMan  over a year ago

by the sea

A cat and a dog , who are now friends due to treats at the same time.

They both invade my sleep constantly that I should change my profile to read ‘cannot accommodate , no room in bed’.

Going for breakfast in the mornings I do get to say Jumanji at the top of the stairs.

(Thank you Robin Williams !)

"

Aw that's so sad! I wanted to get rescue hens but I'd never had chickens before and was worried they'd be too much work. If we decide to add to the flock I think we'll definitely go down the rescue route!

They arent much work at all really. The hard part was trying to keep them contained. The first time they ever walked on grass was in out back garden. We like to let them roam about and we had a couple of escapes but the village know where they live now so they have been walked home when they got out. They eat very little and we get 3 eggs a day. Teaching them to roost involved borrowing another hen that was used to it and she taught the others. We are gonna get them a swing for Christmas "

Awww that's so cute! You're good people!

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"

They arent much work at all really. The hard part was trying to keep them contained. The first time they ever walked on grass was in out back garden. We like to let them roam about and we had a couple of escapes but the village know where they live now so they have been walked home when they got out. They eat very little and we get 3 eggs a day. Teaching them to roost involved borrowing another hen that was used to it and she taught the others. We are gonna get them a swing for Christmas "

So who's taking Happyswinginghens as their new profile name

I have a big handsome brute of a dog, he's the biggest cock block ever but i wouldn't be without him for anything.

By *etmebeurfantasyWoman  over a year ago

My town

I have a biscon frise.

She's spoilt rotten following me everywhere.

"I have a big handsome brute of a dog, he's the biggest cock block ever but i wouldn't be without him for anything. "

It's a case of love me, love my pets, Lee wasn't thrilled when I got a puppy but he soon realised his place in the pecking order - she insists on sitting beside me on the couch

By *ouble Trouble 1000Couple  over a year ago

ireland

Dog lovers here ,only room for one but would love at least one more

» Add a new message to this topic