FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Fortune tellers

Fortune tellers

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Going to see a fortune teller today. Has anyone been or what are your views.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ilthyNightsCouple  over a year ago

East / North, Cork

Total charlatans taking advantage of people

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nobody can see the future.

"Nobody can see the future."

Marty Mcfly could

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

If they were any good they would have predicted Covid 19 and saved us all a lot of hassle

"Nobody can see the future."

Went to see this particular one before and everything he told me has come through.

"If they were any good they would have predicted Covid 19 and saved us all a lot of hassle"

Funny that, isn't it

"Nobody can see the future.

Went to see this particular one before and everything he told me has come through."

What I do believe is that people with high emotional intelligence and observation skills can easily pick up information from others. I also believe we pick the things that fit our expectations and gloss over those that don't

By *eralt80Man  over a year ago

cork

"If they were any good they would have predicted Covid 19 and saved us all a lot of hassle

Funny that, isn't it"

It’s mad how they always seem to miss the big events

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

"If they were any good they would have predicted Covid 19 and saved us all a lot of hassle

Funny that, isn't it

It’s mad how they always seem to miss the big events"

I knew you were going to say that

By *he English OneMan  over a year ago

west

I remember seeing a vid of psychics getting caught out one good one was she was shown a pic of a young child told and was told the person was missing the psychic said that she was dead and said how and where she died but the person that showed the psychic the pic of the child was that child the reaction of the psychic was priceless so no I don't believe in psychics they get their information from somewhere just not from their mind lol

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I've been to a few over the years just for the sake of it. Only one got anything close to how things turmed out so far and to be fair that was pretty vague. According to the others I should be married with 3 kids one even told me I'd have a red haired son who was going to be a genius. Well that definitely isn't going to happen at this stage. The only thing they all told me was I'd die aged 92 but until that happens who knows if it's right. They are okay if you don't take it seriously I think maybe some are able to foresee things I don't know but the ones I saw definitely got it wrong with me otherwise I'd be retiring in 3 years owning load of houses and be married with kids none of which are happening

One guy was a complete hoax you could see him throwing out vague things like someone you know passed away in the last year or so

Or you have had some awful sadness in your life etc. I was with a friend when I saw him and everytime she reacted he ran with it. I got told my aura was blocking his ability to read my future

By *ardon69Man  over a year ago

Portlaoise

Went to one a few years ago for the craic, I would be very tight-lipped and a non believer so I was basically trying to catch her out. Anyway some things I was told you could make your it about any suitation but then other stuff she couldn't have know made the hair stand on the back of my neck. It was pointed out at the start that if I wanted to see her again I should leave it for about 5 years, at the time we were in the recession,we could pay our bills but had no extra money, she told me that within 6 years we would have enough money to have a good lifestyle which we now have. She told other girls that they would become pregnant, no biggy as they were in there last 20's so yeahhh I could have told them that ??. But she told one girl she will have a boy and he will be gay and that her husband will need help with this, that came through.

I went back about 2years ago,as it had been about 4 years since the first time, told me about a new job I was to apply for an that I would get, which turned out to be true, she mentioned that in 2020 they would be another recession.. She didn't know why but said "the world needs to realine itself" seemly one of the major pillar banks in Ireland is going to go bust.

This reading was not so good, she talked about death, an accident my daughter would have in relation to a head injury, again which happened due to a cycling accident where she had to be attended by the emergency services.

All in all I would not go back, some things you are best not knowing, as you can imagine you can interpret a million ways.

All I can say is I'm not on Facebook, I didn't feed information etc although I'm sure she could have got it if she wanted by some means.. Listening to other peoples accounts she got so so much right... As I said prior to this I would have thought its bullshit.. I wasn't going due to any difficulties in life looking for answers or anything. Again this is only an account of one person so I'm sure there is may others chancing their arm

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

I predicted Liverpool would beat Barcelona 4-0 last year, a week before they went and done it and that Divock Origi would be the unlikely hero of that same season.

Kaizer can back me up on that

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

There is a £1m prize available to anyone who can demonstrate actual psychic or paranormal abilities.. Its been running for years and has never been claimed, that should tell you everything you need to know

By *P_80Man  over a year ago

Waterford

"There is a £1m prize available to anyone who can demonstrate actual psychic or paranormal abilities.. Its been running for years and has never been claimed, that should tell you everything you need to know "

That's James Randi. He's made a career out of destroying people who claim to have psychic and paranormal powers.

"If they were any good they would have predicted Covid 19 and saved us all a lot of hassle"

Haha. I dunno about that. Even when we can see it progressing with our own two eyes there are people who still think it's a hoax or exaggerated, and refuse to follow simple guidelines

"Went to one a few years ago for the craic, I would be very tight-lipped and a non believer so I was basically trying to catch her out. Anyway some things I was told you could make your it about any suitation but then other stuff she couldn't have know made the hair stand on the back of my neck. It was pointed out at the start that if I wanted to see her again I should leave it for about 5 years, at the time we were in the recession,we could pay our bills but had no extra money, she told me that within 6 years we would have enough money to have a good lifestyle which we now have. She told other girls that they would become pregnant, no biggy as they were in there last 20's so yeahhh I could have told them that ??. But she told one girl she will have a boy and he will be gay and that her husband will need help with this, that came through.

I went back about 2years ago,as it had been about 4 years since the first time, told me about a new job I was to apply for an that I would get, which turned out to be true, she mentioned that in 2020 they would be another recession.. She didn't know why but said "the world needs to realine itself" seemly one of the major pillar banks in Ireland is going to go bust.

This reading was not so good, she talked about death, an accident my daughter would have in relation to a head injury, again which happened due to a cycling accident where she had to be attended by the emergency services.

All in all I would not go back, some things you are best not knowing, as you can imagine you can interpret a million ways.

All I can say is I'm not on Facebook, I didn't feed information etc although I'm sure she could have got it if she wanted by some means.. Listening to other peoples accounts she got so so much right... As I said prior to this I would have thought its bullshit.. I wasn't going due to any difficulties in life looking for answers or anything. Again this is only an account of one person so I'm sure there is may others chancing their arm "

I dont give my actual name so he knows nothing about me. He had a ph no to make oppts.

Turns out it went really well for me today

"I've been to a few over the years just for the sake of it. Only one got anything close to how things turmed out so far and to be fair that was pretty vague. According to the others I should be married with 3 kids one even told me I'd have a red haired son who was going to be a genius. Well that definitely isn't going to happen at this stage. The only thing they all told me was I'd die aged 92 but until that happens who knows if it's right. They are okay if you don't take it seriously I think maybe some are able to foresee things I don't know but the ones I saw definitely got it wrong with me otherwise I'd be retiring in 3 years owning load of houses and be married with kids none of which are happening

One guy was a complete hoax you could see him throwing out vague things like someone you know passed away in the last year or so

Or you have had some awful sadness in your life etc. I was with a friend when I saw him and everytime she reacted he ran with it. I got told my aura was blocking his ability to read my future "

I have been to a few different ones over the yrs. The one today is the best.

"I've been to a few over the years just for the sake of it. Only one got anything close to how things turmed out so far and to be fair that was pretty vague. According to the others I should be married with 3 kids one even told me I'd have a red haired son who was going to be a genius. Well that definitely isn't going to happen at this stage. The only thing they all told me was I'd die aged 92 but until that happens who knows if it's right. They are okay if you don't take it seriously I think maybe some are able to foresee things I don't know but the ones I saw definitely got it wrong with me otherwise I'd be retiring in 3 years owning load of houses and be married with kids none of which are happening

Or you have had some awful sadness in your life etc. I was with a friend when I saw him and everytime she reacted he ran with it. I got told my aura was blocking his ability to read my future "

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

I used to go years ago to the same Fortune Teller...

and I was told things in specific detail that I'd shared with nobody so am just sharing my own experience

However...

I wouldn't go nowadays because I'd rather just enjoy

my life today as opposed to exploring a potential

future that hasn't happened yet

I dont mind Fortune tellers being vague or telling people that someone who has died and is happy where they are now if it gives comfort but i heard of one a few years back and he would tell women they had had a miscarriage and that the baby was trying to contact them which I though was disgusting and totally vile if someone was not in a great place it could always be in the back of their mind that it did happen

"

I used to go years ago to the same Fortune Teller...

and I was told things in specific detail that I'd shared with nobody so am just sharing my own experience

However...

I wouldn't go nowadays because I'd rather just enjoy

my life today as opposed to exploring a potential

future that hasn't happened yet "

I get what your saying.

"I dont mind Fortune tellers being vague or telling people that someone who has died and is happy where they are now if it gives comfort but i heard of one a few years back and he would tell women they had had a miscarriage and that the baby was trying to contact them which I though was disgusting and totally vile if someone was not in a great place it could always be in the back of their mind that it did happen"

That is terrible. TG i have never had that experience.

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

I went to a fortune teller once....she said there was a load of money coming my way...

I walked out and got hit by a securicor van

By *og-ManMan  over a year ago

somewhere

"I went to a fortune teller once....she said there was a load of money coming my way...

I walked out and got hit by a securicor van "

"Going to see a fortune teller today. Has anyone been or what are your views."

How did it go hun?

[Removed by poster at 03/07/20 11:32:03]

I went too see one she was apparently Ireland's best. The usual stuff but what stuck me the most was she was able to say I have 3 brothers which I do. She also mentioned one would get married however there will be a sudden death soon after it which there was. One of my brothers got married an a month later our mum passed away suddenly. Looking back at it I dunno if it was A fluke or what but she was spot on. She charged me €50 at the time like holy shit if they can figger this out why don't they start doing the euro millions cause I definitely would

"Going to see a fortune teller today. Has anyone been or what are your views.

How did it go hun?"

It went very good and he made me feel very at ease. I came away feeling great. Reassured me as i have a lot of stuff to sort.

"I went too see one she was apparently Ireland's best. The usual stuff but what stuck me the most was she was able to say I have 3 brothers which I do. She also mentioned one would get married however there will be a sudden death soon after it which there was. One of my brothers got married an a month later our mum passed away suddenly. Looking back at it I dunno if it was A fluke or what but she was spot on. She charged me €50 at the time like holy shit if they can figger this out why don't they start doing the euro millions cause I definitely would "

I have been to a few over the years but the one i seen yesterday was the best so far.

somewhere

How did it go hun?

It went very good and he made me feel very at ease. I came away feeling great. Reassured me as i have a lot of stuff to sort."

Good and even if I don't believe in them I'm glad you got the reassure you need

"I went too see one she was apparently Ireland's best. The usual stuff but what stuck me the most was she was able to say I have 3 brothers which I do. She also mentioned one would get married however there will be a sudden death soon after it which there was. One of my brothers got married an a month later our mum passed away suddenly. Looking back at it I dunno if it was A fluke or what but she was spot on. She charged me €50 at the time like holy shit if they can figger this out why don't they start doing the euro millions cause I definitely would

I have been to a few over the years but the one i seen yesterday was the best so far. "

well that last one done me I taught it brought me bad luck considering she was able to tell me there's a marriage coming and a funeral fukin weird how she new eveything down to a tee. so I'll leave the folks at it that in enjoy them lol

By *amesd1114Man  over a year ago

Dublin/Cork

What are the benefits of fingering a gypsy on her period?

You get your palm red for free

How did it go hun?

It went very good and he made me feel very at ease. I came away feeling great. Reassured me as i have a lot of stuff to sort.

Good and even if I don't believe in them I'm glad you got the reassure you need"

Thank you

By *ornydeiseMan  over a year ago

Waterford

"There is a £1m prize available to anyone who can demonstrate actual psychic or paranormal abilities.. Its been running for years and has never been claimed, that should tell you everything you need to know "

I predict nobody will win that prize.

By *ostringslover888Man  over a year ago

south

I went years ago to a caravan at courtown.

£50 she charged 2 of us, I was livid from the start but my then gf wanted it done.

She said I worked on a building site, I was actually an apprentice butcher. She insisted that all she could see was a building site. I told her I was she was wrong but she absolutely insisted ‘building site’. Then she outted me for cheating, the wagon!

On my way to work the following Monday morning, I informed a car full about what had happened and how it cost me £50 and the gf was investigating the cheat claim.

We arrived at the supermarket where we worked and right where the butchers block should have been was a JCB and lads working away, the shop was being revamped.

It took me a few mins to get over that feeling Of ‘what the f**k?!?’

So......

By *easingTimMan  over a year ago

Loughlinstown

I can remember some guy trying to do a cold read on me once with "I see a little old lady in front of a cottage, does that mean anything to you?"

Now, for any of us here over 40, chances are we either had a granny or an aunt or both living in a cottage somewhere .

In this instance, the "psychic" was correct as both my grannies lived in cottages, but wasn't going to tell that coniving, chancing git that...

Another gem was 20 years ago, me being told that I was going to make it big in the area of I.T. A few weeks prior to that, I'd just been fired from a Computer Sales Company because I didn't have a fooking clue about RAM, IAS, Megabytes, etc

...Btw I still know sweet F.A about computers so maybe I missed my calling.

Oh dear

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

"Total charlatans taking advantage of people"

yea they do more harm than good exploiting people

"

I can remember some guy trying to do a cold read on me once with "I see a little old lady in front of a cottage, does that mean anything to you?"

Now, for any of us here over 40, chances are we either had a granny or an aunt or both living in a cottage somewhere .

In this instance, the "psychic" was correct as both my grannies lived in cottages, but wasn't going to tell that coniving, chancing git that...

Another gem was 20 years ago, me being told that I was going to make it big in the area of I.T. A few weeks prior to that, I'd just been fired from a Computer Sales Company because I didn't have a fooking clue about RAM, IAS, Megabytes, etc

...Btw I still know sweet F.A about computers so maybe I missed my calling.

Oh dear "

Oh dear.

"I went years ago to a caravan at courtown.

£50 she charged 2 of us, I was livid from the start but my then gf wanted it done.

She said I worked on a building site, I was actually an apprentice butcher. She insisted that all she could see was a building site. I told her I was she was wrong but she absolutely insisted ‘building site’. Then she outted me for cheating, the wagon!

On my way to work the following Monday morning, I informed a car full about what had happened and how it cost me £50 and the gf was investigating the cheat claim.

We arrived at the supermarket where we worked and right where the butchers block should have been was a JCB and lads working away, the shop was being revamped.

It took me a few mins to get over that feeling Of ‘what the f**k?!?’

So......"

I can imagaine how you felt

Checkout the book ‘Cold Reading’ by Ian Rowland. A former “psychic” that explains the tricks of the trade.

I remember I was with my mam and her friend going to town in the 90s (Dublin) and they decided to check out how much would a crystal ball reading would be. So they go up a street and around a corner (dodgy street, can't remember exactly where now) and get quoted of costing 50 Irish pounds. We all ran away haha.

She was just some old lady chancing her arm. The cheek and neck.

See here's the thing about fortune tellers. If they were real they'd be all billionaires. No need for companies to pay market analysts etc. The stock market would be completely different blah blah.

There nothing more than three card monte stalls.

By *Sparkie.Man  over a year ago

Ratoath

Possibly one of the oldest scams about.

Most of these sc as members cant remember what happened last week, never mind what's going to happen next week.or month.

They prey on vulnerable people, simple as,stay away and keep.your money.

By *1shadesofnaughtyMan  over a year ago

South Limerick

"Possibly one of the oldest scams about.

Most of these sc as members cant remember what happened last week, never mind what's going to happen next week.or month.

They prey on vulnerable people, simple

as,stay away and keep.your money."

Totally agree..... culture

"Fortune tellers" sweet mother of fuck. How can any adult with any sort of critical thinking skills believe in that bollox .

somewhere

""Fortune tellers" sweet mother of fuck. How can any adult with any sort of critical thinking skills believe in that bollox ."

You could say the same thing in fairness about the catholic church.

If the op wants to pay €50 that helps her feel better what's the harm...her money

""Fortune tellers" sweet mother of fuck. How can any adult with any sort of critical thinking skills believe in that bollox .

If the op wants to pay €50 that helps her feel better what's the harm...her money "

The op asked for views . I shared mine. The thread is about "fortune tellers" which is why I commented on that specifically. By all means go and believe it but it's nothing but a scam. Simple

somewhere

""Fortune tellers" sweet mother of fuck. How can any adult with any sort of critical thinking skills believe in that bollox .

If the op wants to pay €50 that helps her feel better what's the harm...her money

The op asked for views . I shared mine. The thread is about "fortune tellers" which is why I commented on that specifically. By all means go and believe it but it's nothing but a scam. Simple "

I actually agree with you it's a total scam as I've said already in the thread

» Add a new message to this topic