FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Ireland > Alopecia

Alopecia

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Morning everyone, have question and looking for some feedback, so few months back I discovered I had alopecia starting, loosing small amounts of hair in circles etc on me noggin, anyway just wandering if anyone has ever had this , and have you tried anything to prevent it , seems it's something there is no cure for , so just thought I'd ask here , thanks.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *antra MassageMan  over a year ago

Wicklow

If there's no cure, i suppose you have no choice but to accept it and live with it. Shave your head, a no 1 or no 2 is a cool look.

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

One of my freinds had it and it hit him hard in as he was in his early 20s when it happened.

He wore hat's constantly and wouldn't go anywhere he couldn't wear one, which did put a strain on his social life.

However he eventually shaved it all off and is rocking the nude look with a stunning wife and 3 great kids.

For me i like bald guys, my hubby shaves his head. He looks weird with what hair he has left if he lets it grow.

Don't be disheartened and I know it will be hard but try not to get stressed about it.

By *ottie00Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

How does the saying go "grass doesn't grow on a busy street" Bald is just as sexy as hair (sometimes more so) If there is any chance or reviving those follicles use coconut oil (not in any sun for God's sake or you'll roast) but it was something suggested to me a few years ago by my GP when I was loosing some of my hair due to stress. Not sure if it will help...but if anything youll be nice and smooth and smell good

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have suffered with it since I was young...always lucky that it grew back...My local pharmacist used to make up a iodine remedy and it always came back...but they are no longer aloud to do this...Was put on a cocktail of vitamins and it grew back again..2 years alopecia free

By *ore of thatMan  over a year ago

skerries

I have had it for many years .can be hard and embarrassing at times .have got the odd smart comment .as said already shave your hair as short as possible and just try get on with it .when hair does eventually grow back it will almost certainly be white .lol. ..

Yeah the hat thing is ok for now , must try the coconut oil , thanks for the info people, has definitely knocked the confidence a tad , and I have shaved it tighter , no magic cure lol

"How does the saying go "grass doesn't grow on a busy street" Bald is just as sexy as hair (sometimes more so) If there is any chance or reviving those follicles use coconut oil (not in any sun for God's sake or you'll roast) but it was something suggested to me a few years ago by my GP when I was loosing some of my hair due to stress. Not sure if it will help...but if anything youll be nice and smooth and smell good "
thankyou

"How does the saying go "grass doesn't grow on a busy street" Bald is just as sexy as hair (sometimes more so) If there is any chance or reviving those follicles use coconut oil (not in any sun for God's sake or you'll roast) but it was something suggested to me a few years ago by my GP when I was loosing some of my hair due to stress. Not sure if it will help...but if anything youll be nice and smooth and smell good "
thankyou

"I have had it for many years .can be hard and embarrassing at times .have got the odd smart comment .as said already shave your hair as short as possible and just try get on with it .when hair does eventually grow back it will almost certainly be white .lol. I've the thickest hair ever lol it grows to quick lol just not where I want,.. "

My daughter had it from a young age. We tried everything but to no avail. Eventually the ex took her to see Danny Gallagher a 7th son of a 7th son. At first I was raging when I found out. But after 2 visits her hair grew back. True story

By *cottybear74Man  over a year ago

kilkenny

Started doing bald at 16 started shaving my head at 20 haven't paid for a hair cut since 24 no worries

By *ardon69Man  over a year ago

Portlaoise

Got it myself about 3 years ago, started as a very small patch and went up to one the size of a 2 euro coin, sought professional help and was told they is no known cure. Just cut my hair back and embraced it, after about 6 months the 3 patches I had grew back and no issues since.

"Got it myself about 3 years ago, started as a very small patch and went up to one the size of a 2 euro coin, sought professional help and was told they is no known cure. Just cut my hair back and embraced it, after about 6 months the 3 patches I had grew back and no issues since.

Hi , did you use anything to help it grow back ? Thanks

"

I had it before and I was told it could be stress related. I wouldn't have considered myself as someone who was stressed easily but when I look back on it there was a few things going on. It may not be that but it can definitely cause it

By *jallMan  over a year ago

Cork/Sligo

I had it too, teens, in secondary school. Hard going but when people were told what it actually was, they were fine.

As Hottie says above, coconut oil is great, and I used Argan oil, does the same job.

Mine grew back, it does happen.

I still comb a small bit of Argan oil through it now and then, full of vitamins etc, great for the scalp

I have no idea but really hope you get sorted with something that works. I'm sure it's a really tough condition to be dealing with.

I had a social meet last summer with a guy, during chat he had said he had struggled with alopecia after a stressful time, showed me pics, would never have known he had a decent head of hair when I met him.

I like the bald look on guys and if someone doesn't like you cause of your hair or lack off, off with them.

I had it as well 3 patches. An my hair went grey an very light around the worst one. Google said it would grow back after 2 years An it did

By *ll about fun timeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/Wmeath

"Have suffered with it since I was young...always lucky that it grew back...My local pharmacist used to make up a iodine remedy and it always came back...but they are no longer aloud to do this...Was put on a cocktail of vitamins and it grew back again..2 years alopecia free"

Could you share your cocktail I'm going through wig faze because of it

By *ll about fun timeCouple  over a year ago

Dublin/Wmeath

"My daughter had it from a young age. We tried everything but to no avail. Eventually the ex took her to see Danny Gallagher a 7th son of a 7th son. At first I was raging when I found out. But after 2 visits her hair grew back. True story"

Where

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

I thought I was starting to get that

Then I realized I'm just getting old

By *al2001Man  over a year ago

kildare

"My daughter had it from a young age. We tried everything but to no avail. Eventually the ex took her to see Danny Gallagher a 7th son of a 7th son. At first I was raging when I found out. But after 2 visits her hair grew back. True story

Where"

On his head

I could do with seeing this Danny Gallagher

Does he cure anything else

I have a bit of a list

By *osmicGateMan  over a year ago

louth

afaik its stress related..so minimize stress.. meditation.. practice deep breathing every day will definitely help in the long run..

By *yesgreenMan  over a year ago

north and south

"afaik its stress related..so minimize stress.. meditation.. practice deep breathing every day will definitely help in the long run.."

» Add a new message to this topic