FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Introductions > Opening Message

Opening Message

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not sure if this is the right place but I'm hoping to get some advice from the women and couples fron this site.

What's a good opening message?

I've read profiles that say "be creative and don't just say hi." and in my head I think saying hi and asking how the other person is, is polite but what do I know.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ustustwo.1965Couple  over a year ago

Polite is key, and maybe say what you have to offer?

Your profile covers your interests, but not much about what you bring.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Fair enough thank you for your advice.

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

We would say to pay a compliment or two, comment on their profile to show you've read it, tell them a bit about yourself.

By *harAndBryCouple  over a year ago

nr Stamford

Yes, saying hi and asking how they are is polite and if we received one of those per day then we'd reply. But imagine receiving thirty each day. Then imagine spending two minutes on each one replying.. ..that's an hour each day. Then having to deal with the replies... ..those thirty become sixty the next day, etc. It's just too much.

Take the time to say something about yourself and to say something about the person you're writing to - pick something out of their profile to show you've read it and to give them something to answer. Believe me - you wouldn't want to hear our truthful answers to "how are you" or "how's your day been".

Good luck.

By *gcoopsWoman  over a year ago

London

"Yes, saying hi and asking how they are is polite and if we received one of those per day then we'd reply. But imagine receiving thirty each day. Then imagine spending two minutes on each one replying.. ..that's an hour each day. Then having to deal with the replies... ..those thirty become sixty the next day, etc. It's just too much.

Take the time to say something about yourself and to say something about the person you're writing to - pick something out of their profile to show you've read it and to give them something to answer. Believe me - you wouldn't want to hear our truthful answers to "how are you" or "how's your day been".

Good luck."

Hear! Hear!

I thought it was just me, but it really can be laborious responding.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes, saying hi and asking how they are is polite and if we received one of those per day then we'd reply. But imagine receiving thirty each day. Then imagine spending two minutes on each one replying.. ..that's an hour each day. Then having to deal with the replies... ..those thirty become sixty the next day, etc. It's just too much.

Good luck."

Loved this answer…well said guys x

» Add a new message to this topic