FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Newbies

Newbies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oxy_minx OP   Woman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Can I ask what admin class as newbies? I am trying to set my message settings at the right level.

It appears that someone is no longer a newbie after two weeks?

Would that be correct, as that seems to be quite a short period of time to me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Bump! We'd also like to know the answer to this question, please.

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

Think it's same as those users who have a NEW symbol on their profile so 5 days.

We are open to feedback what the "right" length of newbieness is.

Admin x

By *acciWoman  over a year ago

leeds

Does it really need to be changed,after all you can look further down profile n its says when joined

"Does it really need to be changed,after all you can look further down profile n its says when joined "

Yes, but this isn't the point. The question is what defines a newbie in terms of length of time on the site. This is important as there is a message filter for blocking newbies, but nowhere is there a definition of 'newbie'.

Our view is that two weeks is fine to classify a profile as a newbie, but it would be helpful to state this on the message filter page.

If your classing newbies as newbies to the site, then by at least 7 days you should have had time to explore the site, set the correct settings, and create a decent profile.

But perhaps it should be stated, exactly what a "newbie" is, and how long you stay a newbie for.

By *lam rockerMan  over a year ago

Tain

A lot of people join and then seem never to log back in again (I guess often on a Friday or Saturday night). I'd categorise a newbie as joined within the month, spent less than two hours logged in in that period, and has not logged in regularly within that month.

"A lot of people join and then seem never to log back in again (I guess often on a Friday or Saturday night). I'd categorise a newbie as joined within the month, spent less than two hours logged in in that period, and has not logged in regularly within that month."

Now you've gone all algorithmic on us! Mind you, it does make sense so we'd vote for it

» Add a new message to this topic