FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Site help > Photo issue

Photo issue

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I have a question regarding images and who they belong to. Recently I was asked to remove images due to another user claiming they were their pictures. Funny thing is the pictures are mine, we're taken by my camera and the originals are on my pc. Now under copyright laws the proof is there that they belong to me along with metadata that confirms when and what was used to take them. Personally I will remove ones that are in question but I'd like to know how do you prove you own the pics or that you have permission cos if you (Fab) have no answer you'd need remove all pics from your site cos without written permission or proof of originals anyone can claim the pics as theirs.

Peace out

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *j_markCouple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

The photo rules on Fab state "Others in your photo OK so long as faces are obscured and you have permission"

Ownership of the photos/copyright isn't really relevant. If you no longer have permission from someone in the photos, it seems reasonable for us to politely ask they are removed from your profile on Fab.

Admin x

That I accept and have removed said photos. Like I said in my private mail, has the other party reciprocated? After all it is a two way street, yes?

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"That I accept and have removed said photos. Like I said in my private mail, has the other party reciprocated? After all it is a two way street, yes?"

You'll need to report any photos you think break site rules in the normal way

Admin x

I can't report them as user has blocked me unless you have another link I can use

Forum Mod

Totteridge/Whetstone

"I can't report them as user has blocked me unless you have another link I can use"

If you use the CONTACT link and provide username we can look into it for you

Admin x