FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > France > French Grammar Question

French Grammar Question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *xposedInTheSun OP   Couple 3 weeks ago

Cambridgeshire

A question for the French speakers here.

I was taught that you use "vous" with people you've just met, and "tu" with people you know more intimately.

So in the case where your eyes meet with another couple across a crowded playroom, and you immediately move to fucking each other's brains out, do you use "vous" or "tu" in the post bonk chat?

I tried asking the lecturer at our French evening class, but strangely she didn't seem to know...

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouraineCouple 3 weeks ago

Blois, France

If you're a couple talking to a couple it should be 'Vous' because Vous is the plural of Tu. If you're speaking to just one person then its 'Tu' as you've just become friends.

If you're speaking with someone on a site like Fab, the same thing applies, Tu to a single even if you don't know them. The reason is that people who enjoy the same hobby or sport consider themselves part of the same fraternity. I like windsurfing and meeting another surfer we'd always say Tu.

For single men - if you're addressing a couple then you must say 'Vous', if you don't it means you're only speaking to the woman and leaving out the husband - who'll be miffed and you probably won't get any further.

One final thing, its a common error for British people.. you learnt at school that the French word for 'please' is 's'il vous plaît '. That's correct if you're addressing someone you'd say vous to but if its someone you'd normally address as tu then the correct term is 's'il te plaît '.

Pas facile hein !

By (user no longer on site) 3 weeks ago

So we use the ‘vous ‘ for someone that have more grade or age than you and when you talk with someone non familiar to you , not close enough to use ‘tu’ but if you want to be elegant like the French language is, so I will advise you too keep using the ‘vous’ for the first time even if your brain are aready close to each other as its sounds more sexy and elegant by the way we love hearing English speaking people using French words

By *oshboyevertongirlCouple 3 weeks ago

Liverpool

If you are about to play, in the middle of playing, or post-coital it would be odd to use the formality of Vous unless it was some kind of Headmaster/Boss role play

By *eachfun1Couple 3 weeks ago

Epping

You can always ask: On se tutoie? (Shall we use tu with each other)

By *coptoCouple 3 weeks ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

By the same token, if you feel the need to swear at somebody, it's even more insulting to use the informal "tu", as in "tu connasse" or "niktamere".

Just sayin'...

By *ormandieCplCouple 3 weeks ago

Normandie, France

It's way to complicated for me. I stick to vous for everyone until I get corrected by the person concerned.

Same token to ignore masculine or feminine I just order two of everything. Deux bières s'il vous plaît, for example.

By *ornucopiaMan 3 weeks ago

Bexley

"So we use the ‘vous ‘ for someone that have more grade or age than you and when you talk with someone non familiar to you , not close enough to use ‘tu’ but if you want to be elegant like the French language is, so I will advise you too keep using the ‘vous’ for the first time even if your brain are aready close to each other as its sounds more sexy and elegant by the way we love hearing English speaking people using French words"

..and, hopefully, using french letters on meets!

By *pa-LoverMan 3 weeks ago

Princes Risborough

"It's way to complicated for me. I stick to vous for everyone until I get corrected by the person concerned.

Same token to ignore masculine or feminine I just order two of everything. Deux bières s'il vous plaît, for example."

Exactly my thoughts on the masculine/feminine. My favourite bit of nonsense is the French for vagina: Le vagin!?

Cambridgeshire

"

Same token to ignore masculine or feminine I just order two of everything. Deux bières s'il vous plaît, for example.

Exactly my thoughts on the masculine/feminine. My favourite bit of nonsense is the French for vagina: Le vagin!?"

So do you always ask for "Deux vagins" so you don't need to worry about the correct grammar?

By *aulnextMan 3 weeks ago

Hoar Cross Staffordshire

Tres interessant!

J’ai une Maison en Charente.

By *pa-LoverMan 3 weeks ago

Princes Risborough

"

Exactly my thoughts on the masculine/feminine. My favourite bit of nonsense is the French for vagina: Le vagin!?

So do you always ask for "Deux vagins" so you don't need to worry about the correct grammar?"

Oui.Cela ne manque jamais d'impressionner les femmes.

By *ormandieCplCouple 3 weeks ago

Normandie, France

"

So do you always ask for "Deux vagins" so you don't need to worry about the correct grammar?"

Local Carrefour don't sell them, so I've not asked for one, let alone two ....Perhaps that's what I'm doing wrong?

Although I did get a funny look asking if I could stroke a chatte that was sitting on a woman's lap once.

Cambridgeshire

"Although I did get a funny look asking if I could stroke a chatte that was sitting on a woman's lap once.

"

Is it like English in that only your doctor would use vagin?

I think we need a swingers phrase book!

By *afunkyfreaksMan 3 weeks ago

High Wycombe

Yes, like in english nobody uses vagin unless you are having a medical talk.

For the use of "vous", i would use "vous" until they tell you otherwhise.

In posh french couple, husband and wife use "vous" when they speak to each other. I know, it is a pain^^ but nothing compare to "masculin", "féminin" and worst of the worst for non latin speakers "liaisons"

By *erry bull1Man 3 weeks ago

doncaster

It’s similar to German language , sie if you’re not friends etc and du if you know each other

By *coptoCouple 3 weeks ago

Côte d'Azur & Great Yarmouth

"... and du if you know each other"

Or, again, when you're angry with 'em: "Du, Arschloch, verpiss dich!"

Just how do I know these things? I obviously went to the wrong school...

» Add a new message to this topic