FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Fabswingers.com site feedback > Fab site need a facelift ???

Fab site need a facelift ???

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *gentlegiant66 OP   Man  over a year ago

Kettering

Who would agree that the look and feel of the site needs some attention ?

Very dated interface, how would you improve the look ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wouldn't, works just fine

By *isaB45Woman  over a year ago

Fabville

Works for me..

Totally agree. It needs better chat facilities. I find messages just get lost. And it just looks so out of date. Don't mean to have a go cus the place is great but could do with an upgrade

It looks fine to be but I'm not at all techie

how would you improve it OP?

A better UI is much needed. And some new features wouldn’t go a miss.

"A better UI is much needed. And some new features wouldn’t go a miss."

again, what do you have in mind?

"I wouldn't, works just fine "
I agree

I’m new and only used the mobile site on an I phone rather than the desktop site, and so far I think it’s fine!

It works fine as it is, why change it to something that will always divide opinion on whether users like it or not. Change isn't always good

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Who would agree that the look and feel of the site needs some attention ?

Very dated interface, how would you improve the look ?"

Nope

By *ilent_runningMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth, Notts & Spain

I'm not sure a 'newer' responsive UI would result in more meets which, after all, is why we're mostly here

There's many functional improvements which would likely result in more meets, some should be easy to implement (grrr, 'sort by') and others probably need DB changes (two locations, ....) But a new UI is a heck of a lot more work...

Been allowed to share short video or gif would be fun I think I like the layout its easy to use and simple

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Works for what I need

By *irtyGirlWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

How much do you think it would cost to give the site an overhaul / facelift?

/curious

"Been allowed to share short video or gif would be fun I think I like the layout its easy to use and simple "

Oh god, not the video request again

If you use 100% of the facilities on fab and still don't get enough then fair enough.

But it is functional and does the job.

Do we need video? Do we need gifs?

There are elements that could do with a tweak, but I feel it is fit for purpose!

By *hatterley64Couple  over a year ago

Hertford

Ah but how many people would be happy to pay for an upgrade which would be the inevitable result?

Website hosting is very cheap. I dare say the memberships we pay are more than enough to cover the cost of a revamp and data storage.

Changes two main changes I would make in terms of functionality would be

1 updated forums

Unlimited thread sizes, be able to post photos, better reply format, be able to use phone emojis

2 update message box

Be able to have folders to sort mail into, could have a folder for friends, fuck buddies, people you don’t want to speak to etc, use phone emojis, send photos and videos directly

"Website hosting is very cheap. I dare say the memberships we pay are more than enough to cover the cost of a revamp and data storage.

1 updated forums

Unlimited thread sizes, be able to post photos, better reply format, be able to use phone emojis

2 update message box

Be able to have folders to sort mail into, could have a folder for friends, fuck buddies, people you don’t want to speak to etc, use phone emojis, send photos and videos directly "

Agree apart from unlimited thread sizes, after 170 replies everything that needs saying has been said

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Notification alert on Forum when someone comments on your comment

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

I kinda like the basic, functional nature of Fab.

I can’t imagine it as a sleek, flashy, cutting edge site.

Maybe it’s nostalgia or something, but I like it as it is

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

It works .....

ONly thing ide change is more search options noarrow it right down and a map so you can draw a line around the areas you want to search

But that is well high tech and this site works for 99.9% of people

"Website hosting is very cheap. I dare say the memberships we pay are more than enough to cover the cost of a revamp and data storage.

1 updated forums

2 update message box

Be able to have folders to sort mail into, could have a folder for friends, fuck buddies, people you don’t want to speak to etc, use phone emojis, send photos and videos directly

Agree apart from unlimited thread sizes, after 170 replies everything that needs saying has been said "

I'll have to disagree. thread subjects get repeated all the time

By *ownhouseTwosomeCouple  over a year ago

Birkenhead/Liverpool

I know that the clubs on here would change the events section as it's a mess and I know a lot of people don't even bother going in there.

By *tressfreeMan  over a year ago

Towcester

Change for change sake never makes sense to me.

By *ancgent74Man  over a year ago

Denton, Manchester

The site on the whole works really well and fast.

What i'd like to see:

Messaging needs an update (the grouping on the mobile site is a step in the right direction) - otherwise message drop off the bottom of the list until you go though and delete newer ones.

Better profile search functions (select multiple interests?)

Be able to filter searches in the forums (currently can only search all forums at once) - would be nice to search for posts within individual forum section, or within a certain time period.

By *hoenixAdAstraWoman  over a year ago

Hiding in the shadows

"Notification alert on Forum when someone comments on your comment"

This!

I often recheck a thread during the day if I've posted on it, often miss comments especially once a thread goes into triple figures.

Only other thing I'd change, tighten up filters.

I seem to still get messages from people outside of my filters, have figured out how some get round them, the photo bit, but when they're 10+yrs out it's annoying

If it ain't broke don't fix it. The site is free, pretty cheap to upgrade, simple to use too.

Perhaps a few more filters as others have suggested, but that's all really.

Only thing I think that needs changing is the geographical side ie I'm in East anglia not East Midlands

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

It works 100% fine for me .why tamper with something that works .

You mean you'd like extra ads and fake girls telling you to come chat to a 'bot' like other sites...Oh and charge you for messaging anyone?

I suggest you join the other better looking sites or are you wanting all that and still be free?

The chat and everything here does exactly what it says on the tin and does it nicely. I tend to move to kik or WhatsApp for chatting after established that we shall meet. Still chat like that with most as they've become friends even if not met/meeting anymore or have left fab for different focus too.

"Only thing I think that needs changing is the geographical side ie I'm in East anglia not East Midlands "

Yes this and a few other things (NI users get Liverpool, midlands and scotland in local searches rather than 20 miles down the road across the border), but these are small tweets and add ons compared to what's being suggested.

Would be good if you could comment on pics and upload short videos

"Would be good if you could comment on pics and upload short videos "

The video thing would be abused by men doing vids of them wanking and u see enough of that in the chat room

Personally I couldn't give a fuck if I'm honest. What makes Fab are the people on it, how friendly they are and how much fun I'm enjoying with said people.

The tech and user-friendliness of it is enough so that I can have fun chats with everyone and arrange lots of naughty pleasures with a plethora of lovelies...

So long as the site can carry on facilitating that, which it does very nicely, I couldn't give a monkeys about all these silly bonus features, video uploads and all this other unnecessary bollocks.

"Would be good if you could comment on pics and upload short videos "

Google... "wanking"

Be nice to search specifically for what your after, ie build, height, cock / breast size etc and also useful filters, like blocking anyone who isn’t you type, say under a certain height, doesn’t accommodate or is out of your desired location.

"Be nice to search specifically for what your after, ie build, height, cock / breast size etc and also useful filters, like blocking anyone who isn’t you type, say under a certain height, doesn’t accommodate or is out of your desired location."

If there were "height filters" I imagine you would get a lot of 5'6" blokes putting down say 5'10" on their profiles... Keep me posted on this one as I'm interested in forming a company that makes elevator shoes if so....

"Be nice to search specifically for what your after, ie build, height, cock / breast size etc and also useful filters, like blocking anyone who isn’t you type, say under a certain height, doesn’t accommodate or is out of your desired location.

If there were "height filters" I imagine you would get a lot of 5'6" blokes putting down say 5'10" on their profiles... Keep me posted on this one as I'm interested in forming a company that makes elevator shoes if so.... "

Can you make women’s? I’ll pre order a pair now please

"Be nice to search specifically for what your after, ie build, height, cock / breast size etc and also useful filters, like blocking anyone who isn’t you type, say under a certain height, doesn’t accommodate or is out of your desired location.

If there were "height filters" I imagine you would get a lot of 5'6" blokes putting down say 5'10" on their profiles... Keep me posted on this one as I'm interested in forming a company that makes elevator shoes if so....

Can you make women’s? I’ll pre order a pair now please "

Maybe, but if you were wearing elevator shoes then the men you would want to meet would have to be over an even taller height to suit you, so there'd be less suitables...Hang on, I'm doing myself out of business here! Sod it, there's loads of blokes about, what size do you want them in love?

Maybe, but if you were wearing elevator shoes then the men you would want to meet would have to be over an even taller height to suit you, so there'd be less suitables...Hang on, I'm doing myself out of business here! Sod it, there's loads of blokes about, what size do you want them in love? "

I’ll have a size 4 please and your 6’1” is perfect, and if I can just push a button to get up to kiss you that would be even better, although I suspect you’d prefer me to go downwards instead

"Notification alert on Forum when someone comments on your comment"

Agree

the one thing I would like to see changed is the amount of threads in the lounge asking the same questions week in week out, asking for profile advice (perhaps a ‘pinned’ thread at the top of the lounge directing anyone asking for advice on profiles etc to go to ‘advice’ section or more mods that can move these) ooooo there is another thing I would change too if it could, a better way to stop try to stop the fakes, insist on verified photo only (even if you can’t have a face pic due to work etc, you still have to be verified to join) and perhaps make it a paid site only or have a members only area?

Just a couple of things but they are wants not needs.

Geeky x

Maybe, but if you were wearing elevator shoes then the men you would want to meet would have to be over an even taller height to suit you, so there'd be less suitables...Hang on, I'm doing myself out of business here! Sod it, there's loads of blokes about, what size do you want them in love?

I’ll have a size 4 please and your 6’1” is perfect, and if I can just push a button to get up to kiss you that would be even better, although I suspect you’d prefer me to go downwards instead "

Tell you what, I'll just have a nice lie down and then the choice is yours Madam! Always give a lady what she wants...

"Notification alert on Forum when someone comments on your comment

Agree "

I was thinking this earlier too. Have to scroll through to see if anyone has specifically responded to you and sometimes I feel ignorant when I miss it or forget to check after posting something.

I think it be useful to have personal message analysis rating system. In % figures.

1. How often do they respond or ignore messages.

2 replies shorter than 5 words, 30, over 50 words.

There are a lot who actually like the mind engaged and maybe less visual.

"I think it be useful to have personal message analysis rating system. In % figures.

1. How often do they respond or ignore messages.

2 replies shorter than 5 words, 30, over 50 words.

There are a lot who actually like the mind engaged and maybe less visual.

"

Not sure about that, the overwhelming majority of mine are over 50 words which would make people who had somewhere to be very shortly think twice about mine...

I can never work out why they haven't just made an app ... there are apps for literally everything else

Although maybe it sitting in the appstore for everyone to see rather than having to search out a website makes it too visible?

"I can never work out why they haven't just made an app ... there are apps for literally everything else

Although maybe it sitting in the appstore for everyone to see rather than having to search out a website makes it too visible? "

This has been brought up before that Google play and apple don't permit adult apps

"I can never work out why they haven't just made an app ... there are apps for literally everything else

Although maybe it sitting in the appstore for everyone to see rather than having to search out a website makes it too visible?

This has been brought up before that Google play and apple don't permit adult apps "

I just searched the apple appstore and it allows multiple hookup apps , erotic games, sexual positions, something which looks very disturbing called Tickle Me and apps which are specifically described as being for threesomes or swinging including Feel'd but also more that are more obvious in their names

So I reckon they must have changed their policy on adult content apps and maybe it would be nice for fab to keep up with the times

"Would be good if you could comment on pics and upload short videos

The video thing would be abused by men doing vids of them wanking and u see enough of that in the chat room "

True but we would just block them if they were wankers

This has been brought up before that Google play and apple don't permit adult apps

I just searched the apple appstore and it allows multiple hookup apps , erotic games, sexual positions, something which looks very disturbing called Tickle Me and apps which are specifically described as being for threesomes or swinging including Feel'd but also more that are more obvious in their names

So I reckon they must have changed their policy on adult content apps and maybe it would be nice for fab to keep up with the times "

Just saying what had been said on other threads

So I reckon they must have changed their policy on adult content apps and maybe it would be nice for fab to keep up with the times

Just saying what had been said on other threads "

My reply wasnt meant to be a personal attack on you ... i think what you said was probably right at one time but it looks like apple at least (no idea about googleplay) have moved on since then

Just saying what had been said on other threads

My reply wasnt meant to be a personal attack on you ... i think what you said was probably right at one time but it looks like apple at least (no idea about googleplay) have moved on since then "

Search fab app on the search forums top thread the last message was 3 weeks ago and states apple don't allow nudity on the apps u get thru them

You seem to have taken my comments as me calling you a liar ... i wasnt and dont need to visit an old thread for proof of someone else saying it either as i am not disputing the fact that it pribably once was the case

I was merely pointing out that tonight on the app store there are apps that have adult content, other apps for swinging, and on my phone (downloaded from the app store) apps where you can upload and share nude photos

Looks dated...but features work just fine .

I would use something called Hotjar to see how people are using the website.

I'd then collate all the different ways users use the site. I'd interview some of those users to figure out their goals (it's not ALL about sex).

I'd then map out using process flows how users currently achieve their goals.

Using that, I'd then go over everything screen, button, etc and ask "is this helping our users reach their goals?"

I'd build a list of quick wins that can be built in not much time so users can benefit straight away.

Once that's done, I'd redesign the user experience such that there is absolutely no friction between what the users want to achieve and how they do so now.

Does it need changing? Probably. Me and Steph are interested in curvy girls. That's what we like. We are also ample ourselves. We want to be able to search for:

- people who are curvy

- people who are interested in us

Can you do that now? No!

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

FAB is pretty good but compared to the German site we use it does look a bit dated and has a lot less features.

One thing that we like and use a lot is the feature where clubs can not only post their events but members can actually register for the event on site and a guest list is displayed with links to profiles (you can stay anonymous if you like)

Nearly all German clubs use this as a marketing tool and even offer a small discount to premium members.

It also has lots of special interest groups ranging from dogging and gangbang to bikers and convertable car car meets, all with their own forums.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"I would use something called Hotjar to see how people are using the website.

I'd then collate all the different ways users use the site. I'd interview some of those users to figure out their goals (it's not ALL about sex).

I'd then map out using process flows how users currently achieve their goals.

Using that, I'd then go over everything screen, button, etc and ask "is this helping our users reach their goals?"

I'd build a list of quick wins that can be built in not much time so users can benefit straight away.

Once that's done, I'd redesign the user experience such that there is absolutely no friction between what the users want to achieve and how they do so now.

Does it need changing? Probably. Me and Steph are interested in curvy girls. That's what we like. We are also ample ourselves. We want to be able to search for:

- people who are curvy

- people who are interested in us

Can you do that now? No!"

The German site has a group for that and clubs even put on special events.

They call it "Molly Lovers"

Don't ask me the origins of the name I haven't a clue.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

Works great for us and serves its purpose however, the chat seriously needs improving, it's barely gif quality and the volume non existent. A smooth cam interface would be a big plus, would even venture onto there often.

What would also be helpful is a clear definition on couples profiles - as in a set male half and female half. So that you could then search for couples with bi female and straight male, bi male and straight female, both straight or both bi. The current search option “who are bi (or bi-curious)” only brings up couples who are both bi, or singles who are bi. There is no way of searching for couples where just the female is bi.

"What would also be helpful is a clear definition on couples profiles - as in a set male half and female half. So that you could then search for couples with bi female and straight male, bi male and straight female, both straight or both bi. The current search option “who are bi (or bi-curious)” only brings up couples who are both bi, or singles who are bi. There is no way of searching for couples where just the female is bi. "

This is a great idea. In general, the advanced search should become a tool where you can find exactly what you're looking for and filter out anybody who isn't looking for you!

I'm straight but Steph is bi. That a massive difference to us both being bi.

» Add a new message to this topic